Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Homemade Submarine Seized in Costa Rica
QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 03:21 PM) Please tell me it was yellow! The song would make a lot more sense if that sub were full of coke!
-
Return of the Shuffle
QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 07:45 AM) My favorite Beatles song! ...is that weird?.... It definately falls into the obscure category...
-
Pierre to Dodgers
This is the worst contract of the entire off season, the Soriano deal included.
-
Boston Globe Piece on Scott Boras
My favorite part was the insinutation that Alex Rodriguez will hit over 1000 homers according to their projections... Damn, and I thought we were the only ones who lived baseball on the Playstations...
-
Sox finish filling 40 man roster
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...sp&c_id=cws
-
Dem. Rangel Calling for Military Draft
How exactly does manditory service work with "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" if I am a selfish SOB who could give a crap less about anyone else? (hypothetically speaking of course.) I don't see how manditory service to your country jives with our constitutional freedoms at all.
-
UCLA Student get his monkey shocked
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 11:46 PM) I gotta file this away for when I start to Swiftboat the hell out of everybody running next week. Question: would you be more likely or less likely to vote for Mr. PA if you knew he favored tasering of liberals on college campuses? QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 11:49 PM) PA, you better STFU and stop trying to go to the school of John Kerry joke telling. Hey man, after going to school with all those peace studies guys at MC, this whole tasering liberals platform has me intreagued a bit... Anything on the banning of ultimate frisbee or taxing twinkees?
-
The Official Soxtalk Poster Elections - Discussion Thread
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 03:48 AM) Im back from the deserts of Cali and with the holidays and my newly announced ( but we knew about it for a while anyway ) depolyment to Iraq in February I wont have time to campaign effectively so I think I'll just whore myself out for someone's cabinet if I'm wanted. This should be a fun thing to watch. Ah, its too bad it actually happened. Anyways, you stay healthy, you've got a message board full of people rooting for you to get back here in one piece!
-
16 miles worth of Holocaust files to go public
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 11:57 PM) Do you think that is why Ah-mhed-deen-i-screw-tard is having a convention inviting Mr. Iraq and Mr. Syria over for dinner? Not at all. They just ignore the real evidence, just like they have for the last 60-65 years or so. Why would this be any different.
-
OJ is back
Breaking news: OJ's show and book have been CANCELLED!
-
16 miles worth of Holocaust files to go public
But I am sure it still didn't happen... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15791203/
-
OJ is back
Thankfully some affiliates are refusing to air this crap.
-
An offseason of BAD choices
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 01:45 PM) I wouldn't bet on that one... It happens pretty much every year. The Bulls underachieve out of the gate because they give Skiles half of a new roster, and no big men, yet every year once they learn his system, they make a big second half run. of all of the teams Skiles has had in Chicago, this one is the deepest and most talented. THey will finish in the 47-48 win range more than likely.
-
An offseason of BAD choices
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 01:38 PM) the hawks have a better win percentage than the bulls there, killer... The Bulls will be a near 50 win team by the end of the season. The Hawks will not.
-
Kris Honel update
- An offseason of BAD choices
I would guess we would win at least 5 more games next year, simply from having the much improved bullpen all year, plus I think the majority of the starting pitching is going to have bounceback years, big ones in the cases of Garcia and Buehrle. QUOTE(ptatc @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 01:28 PM) How about the 06-07 Blackhawks (we'll go with points even not wins) + 06-07 Bulls vs. the 2007 Sox? Heck at the rate the Hawks are going, the Sox EASY.- Mayor Daley not so green after all
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 01:06 PM) Highest in the nation? That seems hard to believe. Property tax rates are higher in a number of other places, last I read. I'm not sure about sales taxes. I don't know about property taxes, but I remember when they passed the 2% "litter tax" it put Chicago at the top for sales taxes. I know their basic sales tax is 9.75%, which I don't believe anywhere in the US surpasses either. Their sin taxes are also extremely high when compared to the rest of the countries big cities from what I remember reading the last time they jumped the taxes on cigs.- Mayor Daley not so green after all
QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 12:29 PM) Cities are in a bit of a bind, financially, generally. Because of commuters. They work in the city and consume a lot of its resources, yet they don't own property or spend a lot of money in the city often. That's something that is common city to city. New York, for an example. There's a lot of bs that you can call Daley on. I just don't think that higher taxes and a budget crunch is one of them. I do believe you can pin at least a lot of it onto Daley directly because the bloated size of his government and the corruption costs happening are going on under his watch. Plus if you discount commuters, you have to add back tourists who take their money earned elsewhere and dump it directly into Chicago's economy, both directly through spending, and indirectly through the highest in the nation local tax rates.- Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 12:14 PM) We caught it when we were up in Chicago this summer and your comments mirror those of my wife and kids. I knew it was a lot of bait-and-switch and that most of the original touring stuff from the 1977 tour were in the Cairo national Museum and were not back on tour, but explaining that to the family beforehand did not avoid their disappointment. I thought what they showed was pretty cool - and I really did gain an appreciation for Tut for having overturned his Dad's laws regarding worshiping the traditional Egyptian gods. The funniest thing from our experience was that my (at the time) 6 year old was talking to Grandpa on the cell phone in the lobby after seeing the exhibit, and at the top of his voice he yells, "It was a BIG GIP! Tut wasn't even there!!" I knew going into it that none of the pieces from the 77 exhibit were going to be there, and that the Eygptian Antiquites director Hawass had really limited what they could take out of the country... but still, I expected more from it. Hell the showing from the Forbidden City a few years back blew this one away, and it cost WAY less. Plus they actually had volunteers walking around who knew the story behind the story, about the pieces displayed. I didn't see a volunteers the whole two hours I was in there. As for Tut overturning his dad's changing of the gods, I was always under the impression that somebody behind the scenes did that, and that the reason he "died" so young was to stop him from heading down his dads road once he got old enough to actually handle running the Eygptian empire. This exhibit really gave Tut a lot credit which I had never heard given to him before.- Landis Lab Results mistake
QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 11:37 AM) So, he's a "piece of crap" because they caught him? How many other athletes on your marble pedestal haven't gotten caught? Armstrong, most NFL players in the 80s, most short distance runners, 1/3rd of MLB in the 90s...? Get off your high horse. And I am sure he has never, ever cheated on a test- Alfonso Soriano signs w/ Cubs
A few thoughts here... -The Cubs are gigantic idiots if they plan on hitting Soriano in the leadoff spot. Why would you hit your best power hitter, directly after the worst two hitters in your line up? -So is the 3 years for $39 million for Furcal is absurd anymore. If the Cubs make that deal, they save $100 million, 5 years, and a full no trade clause. -A full no trade clause might actually be the dumbest part of this whole contract. The guy is a selfish player, who shows all of the classic signs of regressing once the dollar/"respect" motivation is gone. -If you were going to spend that kind of cash, go out and fix the biggest problems the Cubs have and get two starting pitchers. I would be impressed if both Schmidt and Zitos deals added together total what Soriano just received.- Alfonso Soriano signs w/ Cubs
QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 10:45 AM) Bruuuuce Levine is about go have a an orgasm over the signing. He can do something that not other baseball player can do... give me a break bruce. Most telling comment of the interview so far. Bruce says that the cubs are a big big market team and should be spending more like the Boston Redsox and not like they are the Chicago Whitesox. Nice comment Bruce. You mean the Chicago White Sox who had a higher payroll than the Cubs despite having much lower revenues? Hmm, no thanks, I will be happy with the organization who doesn't make a profit off of its fans, thank you very much.- Cotts to the Cubs
QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 01:07 PM) Igawa is a starter. Cliff Lee is a good comp. This is the guy I was thinking of... I guess I thought it was a post, he must be a FA. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1316267- US dollar coins, Take 4...
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 09:33 AM) What is up with the mint's obsession with these things? Have they not yet figured out that they are heavy, inconvenient and unwanted by American consumers? We are getting more and more AWAY from coins, and these clowns are spending money trying to move us backwards through some sort of novelty. This time they were smart and are moving them as "collectables" feeding off of the state coin frenzy.- Happy 30th ChiSoxFan!
Happy Birthday - An offseason of BAD choices