Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Buehrle/Crawford rumor????
Cool, that's all I needed to know, and I am going to lock this thread.
-
SoxTalk Election Endorsement Thread
QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 07:12 AM) as President of Soxtalk, I will have this man killed..... Does this fit in with your "tasering of liberals" platform, and as a follow up, I am still waiting for an answer to the banning of ultimate frisbee and twinkee sales on college campuses. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 07:17 AM) With politics in this country, and I find it amusing that tics are in the word, we start with an almost universal truth. Most humans want security, physical and financial. They want this for themselves and future generations. The difference really come in on how that is accomplished. For some, following a religious doctrine is important, others is a strong military. For me, I see financial as being the biggest worry. We have stopped thinking in terms of paying taxes to run the country and now think in terms of not paying taxes to stimulate the economy. The thinking is if we can just owe China and the rest of the world enough money, we will grow the economy and pay them back, plus interest, and have all this cool stuff. It's a politicians wet dream. Let me give you all these cool programs and, best of all, someone else will pay for it later. Evil, I doubt you run your company this way, and it's a poor way to run the country. If we need a new social program, expanded Social Security, or to fight a war, come to the American public and tell them we are raising taxes to pay for it. Then we'll really discover what is and isn't important. In all seriousness, go to the library and check out some books by John Maynard Keynes and Milton Friedman. Personally I would recommend these The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money And Capitalism and Freedom
-
Dem. Rangel Calling for Military Draft
QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 07:27 AM) "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." I believe that with the benefits of living in this country should come a debt. Like others in this thread, as long as there is a non-military option, like Americorps, I would be in favor of it. We have too many people who believe they can take and take without giving back. One of the saddest changes in my lifetime is "community service" is no longer a noble thing, something to be proud of, instead it is a punishment handed out for misdemeanor crimes. I couldn't disagree with you more. Each person should feel a debt of service, but there should be zero obligation to serve, period. Constitutionally we are under zero obligation to give anyone else, anything. Morally and ethically everyone should want to serve, but in reality, there is no good reason to compell anyone to do anything they don't want to do. If they want to be a lazy POS watching Springer all day long, that is the constitutional given right, and I would protect that until the day that I die.
-
I Can Cook!
My fav in the crockpot is getting a 3 poundish roast, sliced carrots, diced potatos and pearl onions and letting that simmer on low all day...
-
Buehrle/Crawford rumor????
Has anyone heard this? Someone on the train asked me about this rumor yesterday, but I have yet to see it in print anywhere... Is this garbage, or is this something with some basis in reality? Thanks
-
The 2007 Hall of Fame Ballot
I know the third one is Nolan Ryan, the first one is Blyleven, and I think the second one is John?
-
Daisuke Matsuzaka signs
SI.com is reporting that the Red Sox offer to Matsuzaka is about half of Borass's request.
-
The 2007 Hall of Fame Ballot
Gossage, Gwynn, McGwire, Ripken, Lee Smith, with Blyleven the next in line IMO. The Hall needs more closers.
-
Woman faces fine for peace wreath
QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 02:00 PM) you people?? YOU PEOPLE? racist. I am a RAGING ANTISOXTALKITE
-
Woman faces fine for peace wreath
QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 01:52 PM) what about a Soxtalk retirement home.....association? Its bad enough I have to see you people on my board everyday, can you imagine having to LIVE with you people?
-
Happy Birthday LCR
I am sure you are out kicking puppies, torching Christians, tasering hecklers or whatever it is that you do for fun to celebrate
-
Woman faces fine for peace wreath
Reason #1 why I would NEVER own in a place that had an association.
-
Mark McGwire and the HOF
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 11:54 AM) Then he ought to sit down, preferably under oath, and answer questions about it. And not just about him, about his teammates as well. These guys want to be rewarded for possibly tainted performances, then they ought to help MLB and the US construct a complete picture of exactly what happened, who was tainted, what they knew, what they did, and when they did it. Otherwise, I hope the HOF voters use their best judgement on who was dirty and who was clean and vote that way. Why should McGwire be held to a different standard than everyone else? Are you saying we should get every single borderline HOFer from this era to testify under oath to what they did and did not do?
-
Carlos Lee
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 04:59 PM) These contracts are starting to become amazingly ridiculous.... I wonder how long until the owners get together and do something about it. Its called "collusion" and its illegal. Its also something that got MLB sued and convicted back in the 80's. They would be stupid to do it again.
-
Mark McGwire and the HOF
Unfortunately, we have no real way of knowing for sure if he did anything that was actually illegal, just like the other sluggers of this era. Short of them admitting it, we will never know for sure who cheated and who didn't.
-
Dead Russian spy saga still expanding
QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 11:16 AM) Just seems like the way a KGB spook would off another spy. There is also the story floating around that they are investigating the chance that the guy committed suicide, or that he screwed up another mission dealing with the radioactive substance that killed him. Granted I don't believe it, and I think it is the Russian government trying to shove the spotlight off of themselves, but interesting none the less...
-
MVP
So those articles attacking Cowley surely have references to Jeter returning all of those bogus Golden Glove awards he has gotten the last couple of years, right?
-
Dead Russian spy saga still expanding
QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 09:58 AM) Am I a conspiracy nut if I think the Russian Government MAY have actually had somethign to do with this? Not a chance. The interesting thing about this is exactly how many people wanted this dude dead. It isn't like its just the government this guy has doublecrossed. He has a list that reads like a who's who of really rich and powerful people who would love to see him dead. The interesting angle from the government aspect is that supposedly this spy had evidence that the Russian government had a journalist whacked who had evidence that the Russian government framed the Chechen rebels for bombing the apartment building which started part two of that war.
-
Dead Russian spy saga still expanding
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...1&cset=true
-
Dead Russian spy saga still expanding
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15917680/
-
Beatles Cirque show gets early raves
I bought the soundtrack to this show (Love) and WOW is this thing incredible. The way they hide pieces of tracks in the backrounds of other tracks is awesome. For the huge Beatles fan, its like a really neat exersize of your knowledge to pick up what is going on in these new mixes. This is a must have for the serious Beatles fan.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 07:29 AM) I thought you would have a non-f***ing roommate. BTW, how do you know what a pregnant walrus snores like? Perhaps we should ask Paul?
-
"Kramer" loses it!!
QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 09:41 PM) f***ing PC bulls*** run amok. "It's not enough to say 'I'm sorry,'" she said. She did not mention a specific figure, but pitched the idea as a way for the comic to avoid a lawsuit. "Our clients were vulnerable," Allred said. "He went after them. He singled them out and he taunted them, and he did it in a closed room where they were captive." The video of Richards' outburst shows several people getting up and walking out as he shouts at the audience. -- Here's an idea you may want to play around with Ms. Allred, if they were captive then how the f*** were people getting up and walking out?! And if they hadn't said anything, they wouldn't have been verbally blasted. These guys want personal notoriety and nothing else. Victims, my ass. Is she going to sue for every standup that blasts a heckler? He should have just tasered their asses.
-
Thanksgiving Weekend Sales
I got a 84"X 53" Thomas the train set which includes 7 motorized engines adn something like 150 pieces for only $50 at WMT. It was way over half price.
-
43 years ago today
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 11:10 AM) Take it up with Tip. That's his recollection. The book is, Man of the House. He says the Kennedys and Ted Sorenson told him they heard noises from the knoll and other directions but kept it quiet so the country could go on and the family could have peace. (Though I believe, of course, it was to protect the family's name because plenty of nasty s*** would've come up about them, too, if the truth, whatever it is, came out.) Well if you had ever actually been down there, you would understand the sound dynamics of the surrounding area. I fully believe that Tip hear shots from where ever he thought, because sound tends to bounce off of things like buildings and hills. There are much more compelling bits of evidence, than what people heard, as sound really tends to distort and reverberate in city-settings.