Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. So you are now talking to a real life member of a Board of Directors. Its the local YMCA, but hey, its still pretty cool.
  2. Yawn. Yes Kenny we really believe you when you say you could come to camp with all 6 starters again... Please.
  3. http://www.ipsos-na.com/news/pressrelease.cfm?id=3287
  4. I haven't even had the urge to search them out. If she has fallen to the spot where she is giving free crotch shots, it probably isn't worth seeing.
  5. Don't be shocked now... the Polonium used in the poisoning of the spy came from *gasp* a Russian nuclear plant!
  6. QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Dec 1, 2006 -> 12:55 PM) Fair enough. And I expect nothing more than "hey guys, everything's going to be just fine" from the homer/apologist crowd. I expect nothing more from the "sky is falling" crowd who finds reasons to throw temper tantrums about anything and everything that happens around this team.
  7. QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Dec 1, 2006 -> 12:40 PM) If only there was some sort of machine that prevented people from posting if their brain activity wasn't high enough. I can hope. The off-season hasn't even seen the Winter Meetings and people around here are preparing for the apocalypse. And what the f*** are you even talking about Vazquez/Garland for Masset? Last time I checked, he wasn't even the main piece of ANY rumor regarding to the Rangers. And where would Anderson go? What would we get for him? Jesus, some of you really need to take a break from posting for a while and go outside or something. Its a Soxtalk tradition. I expect nothing more out of this results now crowd.
  8. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 1, 2006 -> 11:33 AM) Good to see ya around old fella. You still living the life at MSU? On a sidenote, for Xbox 2k hockey...for 360 EA NHL....those games = amazingly fun on multiplayer. Psst. Jason, check the date on the post you responded to...
  9. Also interesting is that a former Russian premier has also fallen ill, with some calling it a poisoning as well. http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2027491.ece
  10. QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 1, 2006 -> 10:08 AM) Rookies Buy a 5L Keg, it fits right it. Also called a mini-keg. Rex, Jim, do we have to teach these children everything about beer? Not me
  11. To a cool fellow hoosier
  12. QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 1, 2006 -> 07:59 AM) SS, Do you see a compromise that gives the Palestinians a homeland similar to what was given to Israel? It seems the world found a homeland for Israel, can't we carve out a niche for Palestinians? I absolutely do. That is actually in the plans, the problem is that people on both sides don't want peaces, and they do everything that they can to stop it. The more militant Palestian factions are not happy with a homeland that doesn't include all of Israel, so they conduct their operations to derail the peace process with Israel, who then drags feet on everything siting security concerns.
  13. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 04:27 PM) He probably quit the group. Major tensions b/w him and the Dinosaur from what I heard. I heard he kept asking Dorthy if she wanted to see his feathersword...
  14. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 09:49 PM) Y'all are misunderstanding me. Any diplomatic overture from Iran towards the United States - however insincere it may be, is a tremendous opportunity for the United States' efforts within the middle east. By reacting to this with honest responses to what Ahmadinejad says in this letter, we can increase our standing within the international community. What Iran says or does after this moment, is irrelevant to this opportunity - because it gives the US the opportunity to grab the moral high ground in the eyes of many in the international community who feel that this is ground that we've lost. Is this a breakthrough? Hell, no. Is it a start to creating the dialogue and international cooperation we would need to successfully take care of an Iranian threat on a military level? Hell, yes. And whether or not this is an inevitability is definitely open to question - but the idea of not making a start to finding friends for this potential theater is definitely something that the US, in its current position, should be considering. I don't see his letter being anymore diplomatic than anything W ever gets called the worst President ever for. The two central themes are leave Iraq and we will help you (which sounds an awful lot like quit trying to make nukes, and we will help you), and quit supporting the Jews, so we can drive them into the sea for the Palestians. (which sounds an awful lot like quit supporting Al Qaeda so we can bomb them back into the stone age) I also know the motivation behind this letter is complete garbage. It has been well documented that this guy believes it is his duty in life to destroy Israel to bring about the end of times. The high moral ground doesn't matter to this guy, winning anti-semites over to quit supporting Israel is what does matter to him.
  15. Bump. I noticed this had fallen off of the front page!
  16. It is still all rain in Michigan City, while downtown is a slushy mess.
  17. QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 02:45 PM) With his type on injury how could he realistically expect that much? Possibly signing him to an incentive laden contract makes sense, but I question whether the Sox have an interest. I doubt the Sox have any interest at that price, but supposedly that is what he is asking for. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=2669360
  18. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 02:07 PM) And I miss you too . . . In that case that post should have read
  19. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 01:56 PM) When I lose...I can't wait to use this post to insight a soxtalk uprising of Mexican proportions. Pfft. I eat turds like you for breakfast.
  20. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 01:45 PM) Don't hold anything back man, tell us how you really feel. Yeah, totally feel free to continue, I personally am loving it
  21. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 01:49 PM) It snowed once while I was living in Memphis. 2 inches (happens about once every 5 to 10 years there). The city and county literally didn't own any snow plows. The whole place came to a halt for 1.5 days. The night before the storm, the grocery stores ran out of bread and milk (why bread and milk?). The only thing operating in Memphis that day was FedEx, who do in fact own snow plows - the FedEx super-hub cannot be stopped for any reason. I went out an drove somewhere that day, just for the laughs. And I agree with Rock - Chicago is the best city in this country from April through September. The other six months, it falls way down the list. You should see Dallas or Houston in the same conditions. Texans just don't realize that there are TWO pedals in their trucks, and one of them slows you down.
  22. QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 01:34 PM) Is it wrong to want to see what this kid can do before putting up on a pedestal as the greatest player in the world? Who said he was the greatest player in the world?
  23. QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 01:07 PM) How can you compare Scheyer and Oden. One may be a first round draft pick, the other would have been the 1 pick over all last year. You can't compare these two guys. People like to hate guys who get hyped, but that doesn't mean they aren't the real deal. I heard the same crap about Lebron James from people who had no clue, and just hated him because he was on SI as a HS sophomore. Its the samething with Oden. The entire basketball world would have to be wrong for Oden to be a flop, and I think I will go with the experts on this one.
  24. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 01:11 PM) It's all about how I killed Southsider's election chances and made it look like......"An Accident" Funny, I seem to have this crazy ability to influence the polls as an administrator... How do you feel about a negative vote total?
  25. QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 12:31 PM) I live somewhere warm, and let me tell you, you need to decide if you are a cold weather or warm weather person before you move. I'm a cold weather person and the weeks of upper-90's lower-100's we get in Austin in the summer SUCK!!! It's 36 degrees today and I'm in heaven, but native Texans are up in arms. Spring and Fall are awesome here, but summer sucks. Plus, you don't get any seasons here...it's hot, then it's not so hot. God I miss Texas

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.