Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
When will the Yankees come calling?
QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 02:02 PM) Britton is a reliever, so, meh. Sanchez has injury issues. Hughes will not be traded. Clippard is the name you need to learn here. Durable. High strikeout rate. Good control. Young, or age appropriate for top prospect status, for his league. Logic is nice and all, but that all goes out the window when Boston steals the spotlight from The Boss. If the Red Sox get both Datsuska and Drew, the Boss will give his first born child to get players into the Big Apple, especially pitchers. Plus they know with the overvalue of starting pitching, if the Yankees won't give up what Kenny wants, someone else will, and then the Yankees are in even bigger trouble.
-
2006 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 01:39 PM) El Duque is reportedly close to signing a 2-year/$12M deal with the Mets. That's a 2-year commitment to a player over 40 who has averaged 140 innings with an ERA+ of 92. And people wonder why one year of Garcia at 10M is an attractive option. Also, Boras has sent out his portfolio to interested teams on Zito. The discussion reportedly begins at 7/$105M. LOL! That puts a smile on my face, just knowing that the value for whatever pitcher we choose to deal is HUGE.
-
Vote for Change
QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 01:30 PM) OMG, you are right, how could we be so stupid? George Bush as King of America for Life! Finally you get it.
-
Tense times in Congo
This story is pretty graphic and gut-wrenching. its not for the faint of heart. I am not going to put up any exerpts on purpose, because I don't want people to see it, who aren't ready to read it. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15704030/site/newsweek
-
Murtha>Hoyer
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6111300722.html Pelosi's anti-corruption statements are really coming into question with her backing of Murtha.
-
The Official Soxtalk Poster Elections - Discussion Thread
I am waiting to see if Barack Obama declares...
-
When will the Yankees come calling?
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 12:22 PM) Why is it that the Yankees are not only the team I don't expect to come calling, they're the team I least want to see come calling? Britton, Sanchez, and Hughes have to be names that KW would like to see in return for one of his starters.
-
Christmas give and get thread
This year is so much more exciting for me with it being Madison's first year of "getting" Christmas. I am having so much fun trying to find stuff for her, all though I still really like to get stuff too :0)
-
Heath Phillips on the block
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines
-
When will the Yankees come calling?
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-cubs-headlines
-
Happy Birthday Queen Prawn
When should we be over for dinner?
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
I got my tickets to go see the King Tut exhibit on Sunday
-
Second Life
Anyone here do this? Well obviously my second life is here, so I was curious what others thought about this? http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/11/13/second....sity/index.html http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...1&cset=true
-
PS3
QUOTE(BobDylan @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 09:41 AM) I know this is beside your point, but I've bought three ps2's and they all broke. I have had the sameone for 5 years this Christmas.
-
PS3
Yawn. Maybe in a few years, but the whole $600 price tag, plus artificial scarcity equals no interest from me. My PS 2 works just fine, thank you.
-
Direct Deposit
Direct deposit is the best thing ever. It gives assclowns like National City and Sox4lifePA one less chance to screw up something as simple as a deposit
-
Happy Birthday Queen Prawn
Happy Birthday to one of the best people on Soxtalk
-
ING Direct
Paypal is paying over 5% as well. BTW, NEVER EVER use National City. They are the worst bank ever. Ask me how they tried to ruin Madison's first birthday party... if you dare.
-
Daisuke Matsuzaka signs
QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 02:46 PM) Gammons - Boston won bidding with 42 million Sports Illustrated - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/base...drew/index.html So, Boston just has 55+ million laying around this offseason? HOw the hell can they afford this? Hooray for the New England Yankees.
-
Rumsfeld Resigns
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 12:11 PM) The funny thing is they could have done this before the election and made it look like Bush was taking control to get something done and move past their mistakes. It would have totally taken back the fixing Iraq card for a lot of the upset conservatives. For being the most incrediblely sinister and evil geniuses to ever exsist on the world's political stage, the repubs sure can be pretty dense at times. Maybe I should send my resume into the republician party re: the leader of the party? http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/12/rum...t.if/index.html
-
Dane Cook, "not funny"? or even plagarist
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/10/d...y.ap/index.html
-
Jay Marriotti
QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 02:23 PM) Great! Chicago following in New York's footsteps. Chicago doesn't claim Kotex-boy. You can thanks Pittsburgh and Miami of Ohio for that mess.
-
Murtha>Hoyer
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home
-
Jay Marriotti
QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 02:03 PM) Mike Lupica has also authored some books. Which coincidentally is who Jay stole his whole, "I know everything better than everyone else" schtick from.
-
How about them Portland Trail Blazers?
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 11:24 AM) Miles hasn't even played a game yet because of knee problems and now he's out because he is having surgery on the knee. Which bodes well for the Blazers. I think guys like Miles are best desribed by the old cliche, "addition by subtraction."