Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 15, 2006 -> 12:40 PM) I think a salary cap, ultimately, would help baseball. I would hate, as a fan, to be in the AL East. I believe with greater parity, ala the NFL, there will be more fan interest. It is funny to read on Minny, Det, and KC sites that we are trying to "buy" the division with our huge payroll. Meanwhile you have half of this board crying like Yankees fans about being poor on a $100 million payroll.
  2. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 15, 2006 -> 11:01 AM) You have no idea how much I miss that place... Meh, you can have it. I am the only one who is not on the JJ's bandwagon? Give me a deli sandwich anyday for my money.
  3. QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 15, 2006 -> 10:35 AM) I have an inflatable Christmas decoration. She looks like an angel. Her mouth is shaped in an "O" shape like she's starting to sing 'Oh Holy Night!' or 'Oh Come All Ye Faithful'. I put a Santa hat on her. Neighbors got upset for some reason.
  4. Well the spamming going around the internet lately has gotten insane. As some of you who follow talkbulls and talkbears might have seen, adjustments are needing to be made or our end to keep these idiots from posting their drivel on here. More and more spambots are constantly registering accounts to post this stuff with, and up until now we have depended on the excellence of the moderators and admins here to keep the stuff you see to a minimum, and in reality these guys have done an awesome job. The problem is between the whole staff we have deleted over 1000 spam accounts in about the last year, and the number has reached 10-15 accounts a day at times. So the time has come for us to completely shut of the spammers access completely to Soxtalk. In response, we are requiring an administrator to personally approve each new account registered at Soxtalk. While those of you who are already registered won't notice any difference, except maybe less spam, those who are registering will not be able to do so at their own convience anymore. We apologize to those people, and we ask for their patience, but know this much... We are Soxtalk are committed to giving you guys the best experience possible, and this is just another step on that road. As always, let us know if you have any comments or questions for us. Thanks Mike
  5. QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 15, 2006 -> 09:22 AM) Oh, absolutely! I always thought I was 100% heartless douchebag, but then I met my wife and that dialed me down to like 75%, and now the kid has me at 50% heartless douchebag and 50% whimpering sissy. Good thing I still hate animals, any other driver on MY road, and the Yankees. Stupid women ruining our lives
  6. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 08:48 PM) OH MY GOD!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!! CRITIC HAS A TEENY WEENY BIT OF CHRISTMAS CHEER IN THAT HEART OF HIS THAT IS TWO SIZES TOO SMALL!!! QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 15, 2006 -> 08:57 AM) Couldn't be further from the truth. LOL Yeah, I have to admit it....I do enjoy watching my kid enjoy the Christmas season. I know it's going to ruin my rep as The Man With No Soul, but when it comes to the kid I'm way softer than I ever expected to be. That's all right we all know the inner(a-hole) you
  7. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Bros before Hos!
  8. OK guys, here is the deal. These arguements are going to stop. Everytime R&W takes an opposing side, quit mentioning the Red Sox. All that does is bait him. The other side of the equation is that the personal attacks are also going to stop, and proper punishments for actions are being delivered.
  9. southsider2k5 replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    All I have to say is GET THAT PIGEON!!!!
  10. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...23.story?page=3
  11. Right now I just sub Bondra for Zues and call it even, or a little bit of a loss. I wonder who we would deal for Prospal if it happens.
  12. QUOTE(Vance Law @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 01:07 PM) thanks, ss2k5 No problem
  13. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 01:04 PM) I would imagine it unlikely that Sports Illustrated will run a report about Milkman posting that he doesn't need a needle to prove to him that Gagne is a juicer. They already quoted a guy here about Clemens being on roids, why wouldn't they?
  14. QUOTE(Vance Law @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 12:58 PM) Could anyone copy the article here? For whatever reason, I get a blank page from that link.
  15. I like Barry, but for the most part I like the writers that Chicago has, with a few notable exceptions.
  16. QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 12:03 PM) I assume "They can?" refers to me saying that the Sox can afford at least a small increase over last year's payroll. I draw that conclusion from the fact that they made a tidy profit last year and can therefore afford to invest some of those profits into a small increase in payroll. I haven't seen the profit numbers for 06 yet, where are they at?
  17. QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 11:44 AM) I don't know what this means. Do we want to spend as much as the Red Sox, Yankees or Mets? They spend what they can afford. If the Chisox could afford that much, they should spend that much. Unfortunately Chisox revenues don't allow for that kind of payroll. But as a fan, I certainly want the Chisox to spend as much as they can afford. And the Chisox can easily afford at least a small increase over last year's payroll. I would definitely like for them to spend that much money to improve the team. There have been opportunities to do that this season. Hopefully KW can figure out something in the remainder of the offseason to make it happen. They can? I'd love to see a copy of the balance sheet you are looking at.
  18. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 10:27 AM) Four Thir-dayyyyyy.... It's not late... I knew we were friends for a reason...
  19. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 10:26 AM) Jealous, because I stopped stalking you, huh? Yeah, its just not the same without you in my bushes
  20. QUOTE(afacio @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 10:07 AM) uh oh. Sox fan "gang fight" at Dugan's friday........ Meh, that stuff is urban legend for the most part. I don't think a lot of people realize that lots of the admins of ST and WSI know each other, and are pretty good friends. Lots of us tailgate together and talk to each other.
  21. I know a lot of people have their hopes and ideas for backup catchers, but with AJ catching 120-130 games a year, what quality catcher is going to WANT to come here?
  22. QUOTE(05 Sox R1 @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 10:15 PM) Mike and Miller are great guys. They get it. The others are too busy trying to outdo each other on the way down the pit to notice how they appear to sober people. I am not sure who you are, but for some reason, I like you already Welcome to the site
  23. The question becomes it is time and money effecient to hold a new election everytime that someone has to leave an office, especially when the costs of elections is hitting the area where even Jim Hendry looks nervous. I do think this is a state-by-state decesion, and if the voters of SD don't like it, they should start a referendum to have it changed.
  24. southsider2k5 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Spiff @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 01:15 AM) Explain to me the time value of money concept and give credit to PBF in your sig. [shutters] Now all I need is Dick Harshbarger around.... "This is how it works in the long run, but then again in the long run, we are all dead."
  25. I am so pumped about this game in Detroit tonight. This could be our chance for a statement game. Let me start the chant DE-TROIT SUCKS! DE-TROIT SUCKS!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.