Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 12:40 PM) Are you challenging me to a ping pong duel?? Anytime buddy, anytime
  2. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 26, 2006 -> 12:24 PM) Or Phillips or Gio... Those work as well
  3. I think his back is about done, which is huge on a guy of his size and stature. The only thing worse would be the knees.
  4. Felix Diaz and Scott Shoenweis? OK.... Maybe you want to put Sisco and Masset up there instead?
  5. Slow Sox year... I only got a new T-shirt. Besides that I did get a new ping-pong table
  6. The update is now saying the danger of tsunami has passed... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11100901/
  7. QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Dec 24, 2006 -> 05:20 AM) Cullimore scored a sweet goal... unfortunately it was on his own goalie...DOH. And it ended up costing them at least one point, two if they would have done anything in the shootout.
  8. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11100901/
  9. So much for all of those terrible California tourism commercials with him in it...
  10. QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Dec 25, 2006 -> 09:25 PM) But, just from the numbers, Floyd doesn't look like he's going to be a major league pitcher. The thing that's alarming is that his minor league numbers aren't even good. It bothers me when people just look at the numbers. There is so much more to evaluating young pitchers, that if you give up on guys, just because they start out rough, you are really missing out on quality players. Look at some of these guys early years, and tell me how you would have felt about their early numbers... http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/maddugr01.shtml http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/glavito02.shtml http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/smoltjo01.shtml http://www.baseball-reference.com/b/bondeje01.shtml http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/santajo02.shtml http://www.baseball-reference.com/r/radkebr01.shtml http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/contrjo01.shtml I could keep going, but you get the point. Sometimes the numbers are just that... numbers.
  11. Heaven just got a lot more soul...
  12. QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 24, 2006 -> 08:26 AM) Agreed. I am surprised that you now support higher wages. When the Dems were pushing for increases in the minimum wage, that was going to kill businesses and the owners. Just keep in mind how low our unemployment rate has been for the past couple decades. A meat packing plant is about the worst job you can imagine. I'm not certain how many people are wanting to get in that career. Long, monotonous hours, cold, sharp knives, blood, etc. The meat packing companies have been begging for employees for a long time. Would you encourage your kid to take a job in a packing plant for $15/hour? The other issue the meat industry faces is people eating less and less beef. With a huge increase in cost, that would further increase. I don't think the American public is ready for $8/pound ground beef. But we've killed or downsizes other industries and survived. Ah yes, the read and insert words here.... I have never, and will never, be in favor of artificial wage rates. The market will support, what the market can support. Everytime the government screws with things, they get messed because there are unintened consequences that come from moving wages away from their equalibrium point, which often makes things worse than if they had just left things alone.
  13. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/25/world/mi...agewanted=print
  14. LMAO. Remember how badly KW wanted the Big Unit ? Beware of mancrushes...
  15. IammyHomeboy00
  16. Is there any team in baseball that has a better set of pitching prospects than we do? Seriously. This is one hell of a collection of arms.
  17. I don't think anyone ever expected Jeff to set the world on fire, but those who got to talk to him certianly hoped that he would. The kid is a really nice guy, who gave up a lot of time for regular people on this site. I still am a big fan, probably one of his biggest.
  18. I am not usually one for bumping old threads, but with the additions since the end of the season, is it possible we have gone from one of the worst to one of the best farm systems in baseball?
  19. QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Dec 24, 2006 -> 12:15 AM) By the way, I think this elusive "inside information" about McCarthy which has been mentioned in this thread is dubious at best. It sounds like spin to me. Whispers about poor work ethic, attitude, etc. surround many, many players. They typically get thrown around a lot more after a trade. Whenever an organiztion trades away a popular player, we always hear a lot more about how he really was a bad seed. I call BS. I know you are new, and you pretty much post for only a couple of reasons, and the main one is to try to piss people off, but maybe if you shut up for a while, and pay attention you would learn a little something. This board has been around for over 4 years now, and if you had asked, instead of assuming, based on your own ego, you would know that there are people on this board, who have access to information on a regular basis, that the rest of us can only dream about. Assuming it is wrong, just because you don't have first hand access to it, is just ignorant on your behalf, but at the sametime, it isn't really surprising here, just knowing your posts... Just open your mind a little bit, and you might learn something about the resources you have right in front of your closed eyes.
  20. Happy Birthday man, hopefully you aren't in a county lock up somewhere after today...
  21. Damn. I can't believe this s***. Well hopefully Texas appreciates Brandon more than the Sox did. The kid and his family are a class act, and I wish nothing but the best for them. I am not even going to talk about the trade itself until I relax a little bit.
  22. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 22, 2006 -> 11:06 AM) It'll be up by tonight. Hip, hip...
  23. Seeing as this twelve straight hours of precepitiaton is rain and not snow, I am pretty happy, all though debt free would be choice number one for me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.