Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Wow, there is a name I haven't seen in too long Happy Birthday Bull, hopefully life is still treating you well!
  2. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 01:47 PM) By the time the end of 2003 rolled around, THG was something that could be tested for (and which is fairly routinely tested for today). The whole BALCO saga broke in 03, and it was in October and November of 03 that some of the U.S. National Championship swimmers from the summer and guys like Romanowski started testing positive. THG Timeline. The one other thing to remember with this testing...this was the testing that MLB warned everyone was coming, so literally the league had several months for everyone to get clean who wanted to, and so not only are the people on the list juicers, but they're idiots too. Not with the test MLB was using...
  3. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 01:49 PM) I always new Rick Santorum was a Democrat. Yeah for two wrongs making a right!
  4. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 01:21 PM) Garcia is older than Buehrle, has more wear and tear on his arm and isn't as good of a pitcher. I'm fairly certain we could get two top tier prospects for Buehrle. Not to mention that whole lefty thing...
  5. I can't imagine he didn't know anything about it. He would have had to have been ignorant to it at so many different stages, especially if the part about the board not knowing is true. Why would someone just give him 7.5 million shares of stock, without board approval, and him not notice that? I think it is akin to believing the Enron guys when they said they had no idea what was going on... These guys get to the top by being relentless and knowing exactly what is going on around them. Personally I can't see a way Steve Jobs didn't know something.
  6. QUOTE(iamshack @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 12:57 PM) What are you talking about? Arbitration? We've already bought out his arbitrartion years. He's got the right to be a FA after 07'. We bought up his FORCED aribtration years. Once a play hits his FA years, we can still offer arbit, but most likely he will decline it and go to the highest bidder.
  7. 5 more things you don't know about me... 5. On a weekday I spend more time in Chicago, than I do Michigan City. 4. Before I dated my wife, I dated her best friend. I met both of them at basketball sectionals my senior year of HS. 3. My crowning achievement in broadcasting was calling the Indiana state HS final 4 from the Hoosier Dome in 1994. 2. I once got drunk while broadcasting a college football game from the visiting owners pressbox at the Hoosier Dome. 1. And staying with the Indiana theme, I once got a guy who ended up being an NHL goon so mad, that he got thrown out of a hockey game and sat up in the Allen County War Memorial Collesium pressbox the rest of the game looking for me to kick my ass.
  8. Another thought on Bonds role in this... I'd be willing to bet a moderate amount that Bonds did NOT test postitive. Remember that he was on that Balco product that is still pretty much impossible to test for. I'll bet he flew under the radar here.
  9. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 11:40 AM) He was never a hit. Just a one-year. Oh he was a one year wonder all right, everytime he pitched, you wondered what the f*** is wrong with this guy?
  10. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 11:58 AM) Yeah, this doesn't look good. I'll never get why people can't just be happy with being obscenely rich, instead of having to come upp with new ways to bend/break/ignore rules to make themselves grotesquely, pperversely rich. I don't know, but I would like become obscenely rich so I can find out why is sucks so bad!
  11. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 11:40 AM) PlushieLover2k7 Ooh tempting... very tempting
  12. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 10:27 AM) Though he was on the team two years, Mike Caruso was definitely a one-hit wonder. Don't deny it Kalapse. From the rumors, he took a little more than one "hit"...
  13. QUOTE(heirdog @ Dec 28, 2006 -> 10:03 AM) He is the same guy as the Sun Times White Sox beat reporter? No he isn't.
  14. http://www.talkbulls.com/forums/index.php?...st=0#entry21125
  15. If true, this could be a HUGE problem for Apple and Steve Jobs. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/801e1b82-9605-11db...00779e2340.html
  16. Hopefully no one minds this, because I thought it was pretty interesting, but Gerald Ford was nearly Reagan's VP pick. As a matter of a fact he begged him to do so on multiple occasions, and could not convince him to do so. How different would the world be today if George HR Bush was NOT the VP during the 80's? The story is a pretty long read, but really interesting. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16371870/site/newsweek/
  17. QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 08:56 PM) I'm sure there are no teams that would pass on adding a Roger Clemens in June if the money was right. It would be like a deadline aqusition, without giving up the prospects. The problem is still that only 3-4 teams have Clemens ear. The rest of MLB he has zero interest in pitching for.
  18. QUOTE(IowaSoxFan @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 10:00 PM) In the current market, that ends up being pretty cheap. See Gil Meche - Ted Lilly Its not cheap when you pick a Floyd/Sisco/Massett/Haegar/Danks for under $400K and odds are you will get more production out of them.
  19. I could give a s*** less if Barry Bonds is on that list. I want to see who tested positive that we never knew about. I want to know who has been hiding in the shadows, not saying a word, while silently changing the game through preformance enhancing means. Everyone knows the famous names, I want to know about the guys no one ever talked about or suspected.
  20. QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 04:28 PM) So they groom him for years and then sour on him just because he sucked at middle relief? That seems a bit... narrow-minded. Or were there other reasons? Reading between the lines, and knowing how the Sox deal, there is no doubt in my mind.
  21. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 05:44 PM) RIP, Mr. Ford. Now, not to be a jerk, but who's the third famous person to kick the bucket going to be? We have had the 3 now... James Brown, Ford, and the dad off of "Raymond".
  22. Well as those who have been around Soxtalk and the ESPN board since back in the day, it was a traditions for me to update my screenname each year with the new year. For 2006, I honored a promise I made a long time ago, which was to honor a World Series winner by not changing the year in the name. Well now 2007 is right around the corner, and I can't decide whether to continue the tribute perpetually, to update the name to 2k7, or to break the mold entirely, and come up with a whole brandnew screenname. What say you, the residents of Soxtalk?
  23. Nice number for Cintron... I wonder what the Crede negotiations look like right now? It has been awful quiet.
  24. QUOTE(NCsoxfan @ Dec 27, 2006 -> 12:07 PM) I am going to revisit this thought on Mark Mulder. What would be wrong with giving Mulder a 2 year incentive rich contract? If he is not ready until mid-year they could start one of the young guys and then have the luxury of Mulder in mid-season. How about signing Mulder for 2 years $12m?? If Mulder has a year anything like last year, you just pissed away $12 million and delayed the development of one of our potential 5th starters at the MLB level.
  25. None, zip, zero. zilch. Three (NYY, BOS, HOU), and maybe one more (TEX) teams have a chance at Rocket, the rest of the league is out of luck

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.