Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Happy Birthday Chisoxrd5
- Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 04:24 PM) Oh.. I think they know what I think of them by sending them back the "deleted witout being read" message. "reply to all" on all of them about wasting company time and money- LOST! thread
Incredible work on giving a few answers and still creating even more questions at the sametime. The scene at the beginning where you see how the Other react to the plane crash sets off a whole new bunch of questions... Are they a cult? Are they scientists who just rebelled against Dharma and took over? Are the former captives of Dharma who rebelled and took over? What other possibilities could there be? Also who is the chick in charge of Jack, and have we seen her before? She looks really familiar, but I can't place her. There are more, but I want to hear from everyone else...- Stocks and investing thread
2ND straight record close for the DJIA up 123.27 to 11820.61, also the highest single print ever at 11851.17- Big Frank
QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 02:07 PM) Okay so 8mil to Frank for 1 season, versus over 20mil to Thome for his contract. Still was cheaper to keep Frank. As to my "blind love of Frank", so far no one has brought any statistics to the argument except for me. You rely on: AL Central is better. Yet do not bring the stats to back it up. I actually did the research to show that Thome and Thomas had basically statistically equal seasons. You still have not addressed the talent given up for Thome, as everyone just harps on the money. Thomas would have cost 0 talent. Thome cost, Rowand and Gio. Those 2 could have been used elsewhere. Ill just agree to disagree and not have to deal with your blind hate of Thomas. Actually I think a solid arguement would be Thomas would have cost us Konerko. Pauly was already on record as saying he was leaning towards signing with Anaheim, but it was the trade for Thome that brought him back.- Congressman quits over sexual harrassment
MSNBC finally saids what I was trying to say yesterday http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15126151/- Big Frank
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 11:06 AM) You know what else is lame? If Frank carries the team deep into the playoffs, he would never have been let go at this point. I firmly believe that, whether you think it is "lame" or not. Its not much of a stretch to think that if he had been able to give Chicago their first World Series trip in two generations, while being the biggest name the Sox have had since at least the 20's would have made it impossible from a PR standpoint to let the guy go. I know the knee jerk as usual is to go back to "well so and so didn't do anything either" but guess what, none of those guys was the face of the franchise. When you have people running around calling you "The greatest of all time" people expect a little bit more out of you when it counts. That's why people bring up what Frank did in the playoffs, and not what Maggs did. Magglio Ordonez was a big name, but he wasn't the face of the Chicago White Sox. And if Frank does show up either time, there is no way that Kenny Williams could have gotten big enough to run him out of town. It wouldn't have gotten to the point where Williams had the option of doing it. QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 12:50 PM) As to the "arbitration", what do you think Thomas would have gotten in arb? I believe it is based on a 3 year average, in which case you would have had 1 good year, 42 hrs, and 2 sub par years. His arb at most would of been in the 5mil range. No where close to the 10mil people are claiming. Once you go to arbitration, you can receive no less than a 20% paycut, so yes it would have been pretty close to what he was making before.- Op-ed "giving into Islamic wrath makes us all hostages
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion...1,4590784.story- For GOP only
- Catch-All Anything Thread
I just saw something I thought I would never see... A preview for the season debut of South Park... On CNBC.- LOST! thread
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 09:53 AM) nothing should hold you back from watching the greatest show on TV To be honest, there are only two shows I have ever watched that belong in a category with LOST, and that is old ER, and the Sopranos. Sopranos would be the runaway winner for me if they showed it on a regular basis, but as such, is about even with LOST.- LOST! thread
QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 09:31 AM) Hey fellas, I've only seen parts of "LOST". I checked it out mostly b/c I am a huge fan of this guy: That pic was taken from www.nudemalecelebrities.net, by the way. Best Jack Black voice: That's how I roll. Anyways, the point of me posting in this thread: I heard that they introduce new characters. Like, other dudes get "lost" and somehow end up on the same deserted island. Is this true? Because if it is, well, you know.... That's enough to hold me back from ever getting into this show. You can't introduce new characters with a plot like that, unless they are natives of that particular island or whatever. The way the story is set up, new characters are going to wreck into the island on a regular basis. Hopefully they will be judicious with it and not jump the shark, but so far they have done an excellent job at how and when people show up.- Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States
QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 08:23 AM) Why doesn't that hold true for private industry? Would corporations be better if they dumped 1/3 of their employees every year? Doesn't it? When I think of the least productive employees at places I have worked, the majority of them are guys who have been there the longest, and don't think they have to work as hard because of it.- State of the sox farm system
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 11:00 PM) Do you think Brian Sabean would have made that deal, if he had realized how good those 3 players have become now? WINNER!- Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States
QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 07:41 AM) So we throw out the good because of a small number of crooks? SS, do you think you would be a better or worse school board member on day one or day 3,0001? I am an absolute believer that the law of diminishing marginal returns stands true. There becomes a point where they longer to do something, the less effective you are at it. I really believe our school board is out of touch with the community because they have been in front of mics for too long, and not in the community. Turnover is good in politics and you need not look any further than our current Congress to see that.- Crede's new contract?
QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 08:40 PM) During the season, didn't Joe basically say that he wouldn't let Boras keep him from playing where he wanted to play(Chicago)? Magglio said the same type of stuff... QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 02:15 AM) Please stop posting this it's just not true at all. Thank you. The Sox are moving Fields to another position to try to get his bat onto this team. Tell me exactly how they are trying to push Crede out of town, but teaching a guy still trying to learn 3B yet another position?- Happy Birthday Red&White and Cubkilla
- Happy Bday IlliniKrush
I said it on the Hawks board, and I'll say it again... Happy Birthday Big Boy- Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States
QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 07:22 AM) AKA the public is stupid and can't stop voting for a crook. Name another legal job that you actually get worse at doing instead of better with experience? There seems to be a pretty solid history of length in power and corruption as I understand history. Things like the Daley Machine and Tammany Hall didn't happen over night. And to be honest, just because the public votes for a crook, they probably don't even know they were/are a crook.- Rush not in R&R HoF??
QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 09:32 PM) I can't believe we could be comparing Dylan and Rush. Two very different acts. I can't believe the amount of bile that is being spewed in this thread... I though music was about personal taste and preference? That's why I could never really get into the arts, because there really isn't "an answer" to anything, yet there is always someone to tell me how good/bad it is. What sucks for one person, is played at someone else's wedding, and there is no way to actually say that something isn't any good by any real system of measurement. I really like both Bob Dylan and Rush. I must be the worlds biggest idiot and genius all at the sametime.- The Real Rules of the Road
QUOTE(juddling @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 01:18 AM) I only do that if the jackass decides to wait till the last minute to merge onto an on ramp or when they shoot up the lane that is closed only to try to merge at the last second. sorry pal....i waited in line.....you can wait in line. ^^^ Exactly.- Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States
QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 11:14 PM) I dont see the big problem with letting people run as many times as they want. If the person is the best for the job, why should we be denied them just because they only get 8 years? Absolute power corrupts absoultely.- Aloha everyone!!!
- LOST! thread
QUOTE(juddling @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 12:21 AM) here is a question for you fellow Lost fans.....anyone recall a reference to a character named Ben??? here's why i ask...... it's a party for the season premiere and around the 2:50 mark the announcers call out the actor's name saying "Michael Emerson as Henry Gale also known as Ben." Which the other announcer replies "They don't know that yet...a spoiler" I'm not sure if it was planned or an honest mistake but i can't recall off hand any Ben's in the show or any ties. of course i haven't seen the last two seasons recently. oh well just something for us all to think about. Well we know the name Henry Gale is a fake, so god only knows what his real name is. We also know that these guys write probaby the most effective mystery show in the history of television, so this could be just a little tidbit to get the hotstove revving again for LOST.- Stocks and investing thread
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 03:32 PM) The economy sucks, stupid. Shh, its all a conspiracy - Catch-All Anything Thread
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.