Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Think We Should Be done with BMac
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 11:17 PM) I would say move him if we can get anything decent for him. His stuff isnt that impressive anyway, and now he isnt fooling anyone. If I had to guess, you are probably hitting on something without maybe realizing it. I remember last year when Neal turned the corner, Coop had made an adjustment in Neal that kept him focused on the catchers mitt longer. It would be my guess that as hittable as Neal has been, he is probably tipping his pitches somehow. I don't know how else he would go from being a high strikeout guy, to just getting murdered. I would be interested to see if someone figured out something on Neal... you know like a tell or something.
-
clinton faces music
I guess this has sort of been mentioned, but why aren't more people taking Clinton to task for pushing blame off on someone else? Anytime this has been done by repubs in the last 6 years, I have never heard the end of it, yet Bill Clinton does it, and the focus is actually on what he said, instead of his debate techniques... Why is that?
-
Wild melee after ARCA race
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?s...&id=2602628 Watch.the.video.clip
-
The Sox still have something to play FOR!!!!!
Hmmm help the Tigers, or get the kids a week of ABs.... boy I wonder what my choice would be...
-
Best Plays/Memories from the 06 Season
Another fun one was Franks return to Chicago with his two HRs and it still not being enough after Macowiak's 9th inning HR to tie it, and the rally in the 10th... all conviently for our patio party.
-
Chicago's Olympic Bid
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 05:25 PM) And that's how we'll get the money, via the Olympics. Exactly. On its own most of these projects don't rate high enough to deserve funding... Throw in the olympics and the priority level jumps to the top of the list.
-
For Dems only.
QUOTE(Soxy @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 08:11 PM) I think the worst part, for me, is that here you have this "Reverend/Man of God" talking about how he would get people more riled up for Hillary than The Prince of Darkness. Come on, don't say that stuff if you're a pastor. The really sad thing is that I expect nothing more of him. I think if my pastor started talking about who I should vote for, and who is the canditate of God, I would never listen go back. His job is to teach the word of God. How I understand it is an issue for me, God, and the Holy Spirit to decide.... But thanks for all of the help
-
clinton faces music
Caught just a quick bit on Scarbourough tonight that said Wallace asked almost the exact same question of Rumsfeld in 2004 FWIW.
-
For Dems only.
QUOTE(Soxy @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 03:24 PM) And THIS is exactly what's wrong with the Republican party. "I certainly hope that Hillary is the candidate," Falwell said at a breakfast session Friday in Washington. "I hope she's the candidate, because nothing will energize my (constituency) like Hillary Clinton," he said. "If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't." The funny thing is that its sad, but true. See also Dems to GWB....
-
Chicago's Olympic Bid
The biggest problem with Chicago;s overall rapid transit system is much of the infrastructure is aging quickly and isn't able to be fully utilized because it is literally crumbling.
-
clinton faces music
QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 09:37 AM) I really don't want to read any of the bickering on the previous two pages of posts. Bill Clinton is kinda a hero of mine... so I want to say this: Blaming anyone for not doing enough for 9/11 is partisan hackery. Stop it. Nobody understood or appreciated the threat of Al-Queda attack. If they had, we would have invaded Afganistan in 1992 or 2000 when either Bush or Clinton got into office. This is the bullsh*t that cheapens the political process and detracts from legitimate discussions on salient political issues. I am Dem, and my party is just as guilty (probably more so) than the Republicans. I hate it... I wish they would avoid talking about so-called "pre-9/11 failures" except in an effort to constructively improve our intelligence gathering industry. Excellent post. The time for blame is done, the time for doing is here.
-
Could the Sox get MICHAEL YOUNG?
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 10:27 AM) I agree with you on that the heaat and humidity has an effect on the Rangers players, but I don't think it is directly responsible for their big dip in offensive numbers. How would he adapt to the rain and cold during Arpil while playing in KC, Chicago, Cleveland or Detroit? Detroit is probably worse than Seattle, and Cleveland isn't that great with the huge wall in Left and Left Center. I don't buy the Anaheim reason either, because ever division has a tough team, and next year our division will have at least 3 (if you include us.) The guy has a career differential between Road and home OPS of .136 In his last season with Colorado (2004,) Vinny "Focking" Castilla had a higher road OPS (by 50 points too) than Michael Young has for his career. Cleveland is a hitters park, and the numbers have really bore that out since they openned it. Boston has a huge wall in LF, but that doesn't mean the dimensions aren't favorable for the offense. Detroit is probably the biggest pitchers park in all of baseball, probably pretty comparable to Oakland actually. Where Det has the big OF, Oak has the huge foul territory. Then again for hitters like Young who foil off a lot of pitches places like Oakland can mean a huge chunk of the pitches that would usually end up harmlessly into the stands, could be in players mitts for outs. Vinny Castilla compared to Young? Castillia is a big time power hitter. It only goes to reason that his OPS is going to be way higher than Michael Young. That is kind of an apples and oranges thing there...
-
PETA upset over Six Flags promo
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 09:55 AM) Given how many cockroaches are probably roaming Six Flags, I'd say this is a pretty intelligent business decision. Fun marketing ploy combined with reduction in pest control bills. Nice. Does that include the teenagers?
-
PETA upset over Six Flags promo
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060925/D8KBS6AG0.html
-
Could the Sox get MICHAEL YOUNG?
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 05:29 PM) Only in Texas. His road OBP is Think about it for a second, not that I wouldn't take Young over Uribe. QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 06:14 PM) Also, Young would be going from one good offensive park to another. I still think a big part of the problems for the guys who play in Texas is the three straight months of playing in 100 degree, high humidity conditions on a daily basis. I also think the road numbers of Ranger players suffer greatly because in their division they play in two of the worst hitting parks in baseball for a ton of games (Oakland/Seattle) not to mention the trips to Anaheim who has had a great team annually for years now.
-
Chicago's Olympic Bid
I think despite all of the negatives that Chicago's bid for the olympics would be a huge shot in the arm if it was privately financed for the most part. There are a ton of infrastructure projects that Chicago needs done NOW, but can't get done because they are standing in line behind other cities and states who are facing the same crumbling systems. Heck the rapid transit system alone needs huge rebuilding work on a couple of the CTA lines, not to mention the addition of the circle line to better connect the suburbs. The interstates also need a huge amount of work, not to mention the need to untangle the railroad spurs in the southside and southern suburbs. The olympics are a surefire way to get these projects done because the host city has to be first class, and the transportation system is a huge part of a bid. Then there is the civic pride that would come with the entire world converging on Chicago for two weeks and getting to see how incredible Chicago is.
-
Charlie Haeger
Congrats Chuck
-
Best Plays/Memories from the 06 Season
I can't believe I forgot about Iguchi's play going horizontal in the 9th inning to save a game!
-
Could the Sox get MICHAEL YOUNG?
Michael Young WOULD solve the leadoff hitter problems... He might not be a traditional speed guy, but he is a guy who is on base a ton.
-
Soxfest prices doubled this year
QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 01:01 PM) Yep. Since about 11am. I'm in. That's the line I'll be in. I had no doubts that you and Jim would be there... I wish I could be, but hey, life goes on. If the fest would have been close to the same price as last year we were going to go and stay the weekend with the baby. The price increases made that pretty much impossible.
-
Soxfest prices doubled this year
QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 12:23 PM) I'm hearing the rooms are already sold-out. Wow. That really shocks me. I guess Soxtalk is the only place that is this bitter?
-
Heart
QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 10:40 AM) Well.. he didn't make up the stuff about personal item transport. Most of the players have confirmed car and a couple boat and motorcycle transports over the past 2 weeks. Though it's not a big deal considering the carrier REQUESTED they do so BEFORE the end of September. Ah yes, context is EVERYTHING. Glad to see the reporters can't even tell the whole story...
-
Soxfest prices doubled this year
QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 12:10 PM) Just an FYI, there's a misprint on the Sox website which says: That should read more than two(2) adults. In other words, it'll cost $299 for 4 people to stay at the hotel. THEN you get to buy weekend passes... I think the Sox are going to regret the price changes after the way this team finished this season.
-
NASA tracking "mystery object" near Atlantis shuttle
Well it turns out the worst fears were unfounded, and now the Shuttle Atlantis is safely home on the ground.
-
Best Plays/Memories from the 06 Season
definately the AJ HR against the Cubs. I had a bunch of friends and family over for a picnic/party, and the whole bunch of us went nuts.