Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
As many as half a million dead so far in Sudan
So does this actually rate as a "genocide" now?
-
I have a confession to make
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 12:05 PM) So very sad. Unlightened pedestrian tastebuds. Yeah, I think I am going to grab a couple of Miller Lites to go with my hotdogs with ketchup
-
One of the best bills to come out of DC in a long time
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...674.html?sub=AR I don't like the lobbying reform dying, but disclosing who writes in earmarks is a huge step towards responsibility for some of the crap that gets tacked on to bills. If they could ever get a line item veto to go with this, I would be in love.
-
More Kinky
More Kinky stuff... Legalize pot, fire the regents...
-
Sept. 30th Game To Be Aired
FYI its going to be on in Chicago on Fox 32.
-
Lunch
QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:42 AM) Luke's!! For the beef? Solid choice as well.
-
Kass on Hawk vs. Heinie Bird
QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:24 AM) Wasn't Kass the guy that wrote the Mariotti windsock column? I believe that was Morrisey, but I am not sure. I know it wasn't Kass, it was a sports writer.
-
Lunch
Reviving the lunch thread, I am having a hard time deciding between Mike's Chicken fingers or going down to the new soul food place and seeing what is on special. Ah decesions.
-
I have a confession to make
QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 09:48 AM) Or the Beatles. Damn, here I am on your side for once, and you had to go blaspheme. Don't make me come up there!
-
I have a confession to make
QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 09:44 AM) I figured you two old guys would be the loudest against me. They're old and set in their ways, what do you expect? Heck they probably still are listening to Zepplin IV on 8 track
-
China getting challenged at WTO
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_...-09-15-09-28-43
-
Interesting Trib Article
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 09:28 AM) How can they be conicidental? I used almost a six year span. Soriano was also in a contract year and is in the NL. ...and in case anyone is wondering about Blalock because he had this discussion in the offseason, he sitll can't hit LHP, away, or in the second half. I'll swear up and down the 2nd half thing is a product of playing outdoors in that oppressive heat and humidity in Dallas Texas during July, August, and September. It just wears you down.
-
From here on in, it's a 32 Game Season
QUOTE(mu mu @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 08:40 AM) Not neccessarily, we could see the Tigers, or possible the twinkies, suffer a meltdown. Could happen, that's all I'm sayin. It doesn't even have to be a meltdown. We still control out own fate with 3 games against both teams. If we win, we are in.
-
I have a confession to make
QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 08:32 AM) Most times, ketchup is ALL I have on my hot dog. I don't get these "hot dog rules". Eat what you like, who cares?? ^^^ I am a ketchup only person on my hotdog, but I am a Hoosier, so such things are expected of me
-
Interesting Trib Article
QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 07:13 AM) Funny, i mentioned Young, and a few posters here scoffed at that idea, even though on the rangers own website they've been hyping up Joaquin Arias, and as we all know pitching has always been there problem, i highly doubt Garcia + Uribe would be enough, but maybe someone like Broadway/Phillips who should be ready by mid '07 would, i think giving up Broadway would be way too much on our end, Phillips not so much. Pitching > all. The rangers have alot of players leaving via FA this offseason, Lee, Matthews, Padilla, i think Eaton and Wells and a few others if im not mistaken. There is a weak FA class this offseason, thats why i believe someone like Jose could bring us alot back. That was also conviently before Tom Hicks blamed their s***ty season on Michael Young. When the owner blasts you, it kinda affects you standing for the next season. Imagine that, things changed.
-
Still no Pat Foley thread?
QUOTE(chaerulez @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 01:27 AM) Pat Foley was the only good thing left that the Blackhawks had going for them. They had their history and Pat Foley. One is now gone and a team's history can only draw so much. I can't believe leagues don't step in and force owners to sell when they obviously can't run a team. The problem is without drastic moves, this team IS history in Chicago.
-
Kass on Hawk vs. Heinie Bird
Its John Kass BTW...
-
Il Jong dying
I think historically dictators like this make the people around themselves so weak that when it comes time for succession, there ends up being an ugly brutal fight. Hopefully it at least means whoever takes over will look somewhat to the outside world for help because there are still an insane number of people dying of starvation there. NK is a mess after repeated (mostly self-imposed) famines, and terrible choices economically (way too much on military, nothing on things like food) the country is on the verge of collapse. Whoever takes over will probably have a revolution on their hands if they don't immediately and brutally make their "strength" known to the country.
-
High gas prices.
2.39 yesterday, down from a high of 3.09... 70 cent drop since the peak this summer.
-
2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread
Wow. I am shocked.
-
Gload in left?
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 02:09 PM) Going along with what NSS just said, Gload played the majority of 05 with AAA, and was back with the organization is 06, now behind Konerko and Thome at 1b. If Gload was a good as some make him out, wouldnt he be on another club? Gload is not vital to this team, at all. Earlier in the year he saw the plate maybe 4 times in 3 weeks. If he is capable of starting in LF for the White Sox next season, dont you think some other clubs would have jumped a little sooner to try and grab him off the AAA roster last year, or off the bench this year? Im pretty sure Kenny doesnt list Gload as an "untouchable...." Expanding on that thought... Gload is 30 years old. Its not like we are talking about a kid here. He has been a minor league free agent multiple times. If he was anything more than a bench player, we would have never gotten him on a minor league contract invite to begin with. Ross is a great bench player, a solid pinchhitter, and an OK defensive first baseman. A starter, he ain't.
-
Liriano is back
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 01:32 PM) So I don't have a link on this yet but here's the rumor about what the MRI showed: Damn. Not as worst case scenario, but still not good.
-
Liriano is back
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 10:47 AM) I think a lot of people actually noticed his delivery. I find it pretty hard to believe that the only people who notice that he has a really wild delivery are posting at a White Sox message board. I'd say it's probably more likely that the Twins have tried to get him to make some changes as he came up through the minors, but didn't want to do too much to risk making him not as good of a pitcher, a-la Kerry Wood. That and to be honest they probably don't really want to change his dilivery because his slider might not be nearly as good after that.
-
It's Tigers or bust now
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:54 PM) The sad part though is that a lot of people in say, around June, were pointing at flaws like the batting average of Brian Anderson or the unreliability of Javier Vazquez as things we needed to correct. Those aren't the things we're fighting now though. Sometimes you just can't anticipate that everyone in your lineup will suddenly go cold, that Javier Vazquez will get hot, that Bobby Jenks will struggle for several games in a row after 39 saves, or that Brian Anderson would find his bat and Ozzie Guillen would punish him with less playing time down the stretch. Listen to the sounds of silence...
-
Troop levels to be reduced in Iraq
The irony is that they think more violence is going to get rid of the troops, instead it is bringing more in. The US wants to get out as many troops as possible because of the PR disaster on this side of the pond, but can't because of the worsening fighting. The easiest way to get rid of the American troops would be to show the world that they aren't needed, and Iraq can survive on its own. Civil war isn't a very convincing arguement for that.