Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Soxfest prices doubled this year
For just the two of us to go it would cost over $400 ($249+75+75+food, parking, drinks, etc). There is no way for us to go for the weekend without spending at least that $400 according to the teams release. Basically the season ticketholders are the only ones who are going to be able to afford to go, because the casual fans who used to only have to pay for weekend passes, which used to be $30 a couple/few years ago, now would be paying about 13 times that amount just to attend the whole weekend.
-
Soxfest prices doubled this year
I just noticed the kicker... the only way to get a weekend pass is to stay at the hotel.
-
Soxfest prices doubled this year
Wow, you have to pony up an extra $75 if you are staying at the hotel? Damn, I don't think I will be going either.
-
High gas prices.
QUOTE(samclemens @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 12:36 PM) Oskaloosa, Iowa- $2.05 today The national average is 2.61. That's the number that matters, not a single outlier in Iowa.
-
possible video of alien craft?
I swear the smartest thing the american military ever did was plant the seed that they were covering up aliens. Now everyone is so convinced something else is going on that they overlook the completely obvious answers... The american military.
-
High gas prices.
$2 gas "more likely than unlikely" Me personally, I'll believe it when I see it.
-
Daley vetoes "Big Box" ordinance
QUOTE(Soxy @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 12:16 PM) If the aldermen knew Daley wasn't going to veto this bill it wouldn't have passed. I think the whole thing just stinks of politcal posturing and pandering (that they knew they wouldn't have to fulfull. This gets really interesting if/when guys start changing votes and have to go back and explain that to their constituants.
-
Daley vetoes "Big Box" ordinance
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 12:08 PM) Am I missing something here? Jesse and the City Council are for higher wages and Daley lower. Jesse suggests Richie should try living on lower wages to see what it's like. So then Jesse should also be forced to live on lower wages?? He's the one saying the lower wages suck. If he had to live on them wouldn't that reinforce his view?? Daley's arguement is that this will only chase jobs across the city limits into the burbs, and Chicago loses out on all of the tax revenue. He wants higher wages, but thinks this bill doesn't work FWIW.
-
Still no Pat Foley thread?
QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 11:41 AM) Pat Foley signed on as the new voice of the Chicago Wolves. He must have wanted to stay in Chicago more than staying in the NHL. http://www.talkbhawks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=227 QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 11:45 AM) I always liked his announcing. Pat Foley is one of my all-time favs in any sport.
-
Sept23 Time Change
QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 02:18 AM) you know what's worse? the second to last game of the season IS NOT GOING TO f***ING BE ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! QUOTE(TLAK @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 06:59 AM) Looks like that is changing too. Undisclosed network, rather secretive, no? you know what's even worse...
-
Figgins for Crede Article
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 10:31 AM) Is that Ervin's brother? Congratulations on 2nd place.
-
Figgins for Crede Article
QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 09:52 AM) Crede for Figgins is just too much like Lee for Pods in terms of ability. I just can't see KW and JR wanting to get rid of Crede though. There are two ways Crede could leave Chicago this winter. #1 Borass wants something outrageous for a long term deal #2 The Sox are really worried his back won't hold up as we are getting closer to having to give Crede some big years and dollars. QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 10:04 AM) Irwin. OH GOD NO, NOT A MISSPELLING!!! HOLY CRAP, NOW I HAVE TO GO KILL MYSELF.
-
Figgins for Crede Article
Unless we start adding names like Irwin Santana, this is a no-go.
-
Should 9-11 be a national holiday
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 09:07 AM) Thank you, I was talking to him early this morning. Helped me to get out of bed and face this day. That's funny, after he got done with you, he told me to kill sinners. Weird, huh?
-
President's nationwide address.
QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 09:25 AM) But we do the same thing in response to criminals within our borders. We've already placed bans and limits on the right to carry/own weapons in this country. The main reason? To restrict access of those weapons to criminals. There are tons of examples of this. I can't smoke pot because of cross-fire that might ensue on the streets (I guess that's the argument?). And i'm too lazy to think of more, but i'm confident there are many aspects of our lives that have been 'controlled' out of the response from criminal actions. Terrorism is no different. Maybe that's why it is banned
- Have fun with this one...
-
Croc Hunter Steve Irwin Dies
Stingrays being murdered to avenge Irwin?
-
Gmail problem
Anyone else having a problem logging into gmail today?
-
Contreras Beats Lackey 9/11/06
Ah, great to wake up and hear the White Sox won.... Damn I hate the west coast swings especially now. Getting up at 4:30 am sucks.
-
Daley vetoes "Big Box" ordinance
QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 05:08 PM) I know his son Patrick enlisted in the Army several years ago. Aside from that, don't know too much. Never heard any information pertaining to him persuing a career in politics, although it certaintly wouldn't surprise me. In the present enviornment I think Pat would be best served letting about 10 years of "someone else" happen, that way people can begin to miss the "good old days". It seemed to work well for Richie.
-
What are the odds that...
QUOTE(mu mu @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 02:43 PM) It was a 5 game win streak, the 3 detroit wins were sandwiched between wins on both sides. And we haven't won 3 in a row since...
-
Sonic Commercials
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 01:34 PM) Hot and Now, is that some brothel? Think White Castle cheap burgers, with about McDonalds size burgers. They were really cheap. Plus I loved their fries.
-
And that's a White Sox loser
QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 12:37 PM) Thanks, Balta. This is my favorite post in a long time. As to the comments that he has been tried in every situation this year - wrong. He hasn't gotten a chance as a 2006 starter. The truth is that he doesn't have the kind of stuff to be a reliever, especially a late innings one. Before the season I recall him saying something about how he has been a successful starter because of the way he adjusts his strategy through the course of the game and gets stronger the longer he goes into a game. I plead with anyone to look up his stats from the last couple months of 2005 when he did start - then let me hear how you explain that. Would I put him in the rotation tomorrow? Probably not, since the other five have stepped it up lately. He also, as Oz said, is not Cy Young, either. However, none of that in any way translates to the conclusion he is overrated as a starter because he has had a 5 ERA as a reliever. And finally, I have to throw it out there: if he were dominating out of the pen, he would be considered - yes you guessed it - "too valuable" as a reliever anyway. Talk about a catch-22. SFF Two things. #1 why only look at when he was an effective starter last year? Why not look at his first stint up here when he really struggled? Also, what's to say he wouldn't have crapped out ala Kip Wells, Jack McDowell, and Jon Garland who had successful stints in their call ups, and flopped in their first full seasons as starters? All three were considered top notch prospects with big credentials coming into the big leagues, had big Septembers, and then didn't deliver the next year. #2 As a right hander, he would have been WAY easier to replace in the pen, especially with the additions of guys like Mike McD out there. Unless he came out with some Scott Shields type outings, he is going to be starting for some team in the major leagues in 2007. The thing is even if he was that good in the pen, you still have Jenks, Thornton, McDougall, coming in for the 7th, 8th, and 9th, which means you would be holding Brandon back to be the 5th, 6th inning guy, which is useless for this team anyway.
-
Daley vetoes "Big Box" ordinance
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 12:39 PM) I'll put money down right now that he's already got those 2 votes and more in his back pocket. I've been reading over the last few weeks about various alderman airing their "hints" at maybe switching over. Now that Daley has greased those palms, his veto will stand. Book it. He wouldn't veto it if it was going to fail. My personal feeling... I agree 100%. With legitimate contenters for the mayoral race, he isn't going to look weak right now. I think this is why I took so long to veto it, is that he needed to twist arms a little bit harder.
-
Daley vetoes "Big Box" ordinance
Daley now needs to convince two people who voted for this to change their votes in order for the veto to stand, otherwise this will become law in Chicago. This is going to be really interesting. Its the first time since basically the 80's that Rich has been really challenged on anything here.