Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
My Left Knee, Torn to Shreds
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 10:56 AM) sorry buddy, I'm leaving to spend my day encouraging young boys to join Cub Scouts and some adults to donate to the United Way. but his nights are WIDE open
-
Netherland Dwarf Bunnies
QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 10:51 AM) I also go to church every Sunday. Great now the ACLU is protesting on your lawn
-
High gas prices.
QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 10:42 AM) But let's hope he's right.... You heard it here first, it won't happen. Yeah it would be nice, but the middle eastern emirs won't let it happen.
-
Minnesota Trip end of the season
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 10:47 AM) Just a longer drive, atleast for you. Probably worth it in the end. Except the Dome blows serious ass. Atleast the dome dogs are good...a little kraut, some mustard on em....omg how those are good Yeah it would be an 8-10 hour drive for me, but road trips rule. There is nothing more fun than catching the Sox on the road.
-
Minnesota Trip end of the season
Heck it is probably cheaper to do this than to go to Soxfest... plus you get to see a baseball game.
-
High gas prices.
Gas at $1.15 again? This guy is insane.
-
Netherland Dwarf Bunnies
QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 10:28 AM) I cut down an apple tree last year too. My wife used to work at the Animal Diagnostic Lab at Purdue Laf - She used to get mailers from PETA...AT WORK! The same place she's doing testing on lab mice and knocking 'em out with liquid nitrogen. Great now the Audubon Society and Sierra Club want you too
-
Netherland Dwarf Bunnies
QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 10:21 AM) Bring 'em on! Greenpeace holding on line two re:the lawn murdering.
-
Netherland Dwarf Bunnies
PETA on line one for a Mreye.
-
Will the Sox make the playoffs?
QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 12:29 AM) Honestly, you make it worse by responding. That's exactly what he wants. And that is why this one is getting closed as well.
-
Middle East conflict
Amnesty International is calling Hezbollah tactics during the conflict with Israel "war crimes", 3 whole weeks after it charged Israel with the samething. http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Middle_...1998301,00.html UK official saids war crimes need to be redefined after this conflict, because of Hez. tactics of hiding weaponry in civilian and sensitive areas, and then exploiting the bombings of those areas after the fact. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5342788.stm
-
Soxfest prices doubled this year
QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 04:46 PM) I think that's pretty obvious. What can we do about it? Who do we need to send emails to? Not crazy threatning emails. Just sane, calm ones that explain why we aren't happy and won't be attending. To be honest I am not sure, but an idea might be to contact Scott Reifert via his blog and ask him who he would like people to contact. If you do hear something please pass it on the the posting public here.
-
SOX VS ANGELS.... Garcia 1 hit gem
QUOTE(alexgtp @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 02:23 PM) Good news from Minnesota.. Liriano out with a elbow injury (per 670 am). Hopefully this lasts a cple weeks. Come on Sox things are looking alot better today! An injury is NEVER good news, even if it benefits the White Sox. This is a young mans life and livelihood we are talking about.
-
High gas prices.
QUOTE(samclemens @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:33 PM) World has tapped just 18 percent of global oil supplies, Saudi executive says I remember having a science textbook in like 3rd or 4th grade that said we would be out of oil by the year 2000-2010.
-
Soxfest prices doubled this year
QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:21 PM) Doesn't the hotel get the money for the room? Considering they seperated the cost of the room and the weekend packages this year... I still don't understand doubling the price for the packages if it all goes to charity anyway. In past years it's gone up maybe 5 or 10 dollars but they've never doubled it. I am sure the team and the hotel had something worked out because you had to specify for the package for Soxfest. I imagine they got a cut of each room for holding it there.
-
9-11 Press For Truth
QUOTE(IggyD @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:53 PM) Hey southsider2k5...Did ya watch it? I do not see anything to rebut about on this film as it is a timeline of reported facts in the MSM. If you do, I'll give my opinion.... To be honest, I wasn't going to waste my time because I haven't seen you stick around to answer anything else I have asked and mentioned in your other threads. I might check it out tonight then.
-
Multiple people shot in shooting at Candian school
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/...ting/index.html CNBC is reporting that at least 4 were shot, and that shooter committed suicide.
-
Soxfest prices doubled this year
QUOTE(salty99 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 10:48 AM) And to back up Steff limiting it to just season ticket holders doesn't even make sense since they are 20,000 of us. And yes these price raises are truly ridiculous especially since we all just had to pay for our playoff tickets and season ticket prices are going up next year. I guess this means they are going to a 110 mil roster next year. The White Sox do not see a profit from Soxfest. All profits go to Chisox charities. Instead of going to the bottom line, your $400 is going to things like building baseball fields for underprivledged kids.
-
Daley vetoes "Big Box" ordinance
If anyone has access CNBC is debating CHicagos big box bill right now. I can't hear it, but if anyone can, I'd be curious to hear what they had to say.
-
9-11 Press For Truth
So if anyone rebuts any of this stuff, are you going to ignore it again? It gets boring torching your sources if you won't even stand up for them.
-
Carrying lots of cash? Government can seize it.
QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 11:12 AM) Bang, bang, bang.... You win. He initially LIED... The government claimed that “the dog’s alert, along with the large amount of cash that was seized, the circumstances of Gonzolez’s travel, and Gonzolez’s initial false denials that he was carrying cash or that he had a criminal history, showed that the currency was substantially connected to a drug transaction,” according to the court analysis. Friends and relatives of Mr. Gonzolez testified that they had given him money from their savings so that he could buy a refrigerated truck for their produce business, and Mr. Gonzolez said he didn’t mention the cash to officers because he was “scared” and he said he had no arrest record because he didn’t think a DUI was considered a crime. Probable cause because of his own actions. Common sense would have likely saved him some trouble... And changing your story is cause for further investigation, just ask Kap about border patrol
-
Clinton & former administration officials question 9-11 miniseries
QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 08:57 AM) Perhaps they wanted to be sure it was known that THEY were not informed therefor THEY had no idea he should be watched possibly preventing his part of the attack...? If I'm them and they are accused of having him pegged, but did nothing, I'd be screaming "oh no we didn't" as well. If they did know, and did nothing, hello wrongfull death lawsuit maybe. Ah yes the lawyers... How could I forget their role in life.
-
Clinton & former administration officials question 9-11 miniseries
QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 07:01 AM) Why would they have him as a risk in the first place? From what I have read, seen, heard, the g'ment had him pegged but did not communicate that info out. In reality, airlines see how many people pass their gates daily? Millions? Are they to be held responsible for knowing who possible terroists are? At some point the government has to have better communication with the airlines in nailing these people, no? There had to be something, because US Air had him on their lists. My point was, I think it is funny that AA was upset that they were pegged as having flagged Atta. To me I think it is a better thing that US Air at least did something right, vs AA who had no clue. I don't know the upside of wanting everyone to know that you were MORE incompetitant than less.
-
Gamethread: 9/12, Sox v. Angels
QUOTE(TLAK @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 07:52 PM) Record by starting Center fielder (game notes): Brian Anderson: 53-40 Pct .570 Rob Mackowiak: 28-21 Pct .571 Ryan Sweeney: 2-0 Pct 1.00 Wow. I would have NEVER guessed that.
-
Clinton & former administration officials question 9-11 miniseries
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 07:50 PM) Linkity. So AA didn't even have him as a security risk... yeah, that makes me feel a lot better about American Airlines.