Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. IMO we are long past the "IF" part of Frank going into the HOF. The question now is first ballot or not?
  2. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 12:21 PM) We are very likely the only Sox website around with a drunk Aussie right now. I think we have our new slogan!!!
  3. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    One of my fav's Mike's Chicken today for the Fingers and fries. Yummy. This is definately satisfactory to me.
  4. QUOTE(Drew @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 03:18 AM) I'd rather have another Comissioner's Trophy. ^^^^
  5. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...ource=&ct=5
  6. http://www.livescience.com/blogs/2006/07/1...for-extinction/
  7. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:39 AM) The back-up catcher is hitting .330 and bats 3rd in the line-up as well. Also he had the best pitcher in baseball on the mound. The big thing was, he won the game. My problem with some of Ozzie's decisions, like Mack in CF, is it comes back to haunt almost every game. There can't be one White Sox fan alive who has seen Mack play 5 games in CF that doesn't know its not a good idea for him to be out there. I also couldn't care less Ozzie gotten ejected 5 times this season. His ejection at Detroit was warranted. He was sticking up for his players. If he didn't go, a player would have eventually been tossed. My problem with Ozzie is the continuing battle he creates off the field with other team's players and coaches and managers. For the poster that wanted to know where Mariotti gets all the Ozzie quotes...he gets them the same way most of us do, through newpapers, radio and televison. The big thing there is you have the rear view mirror to look into now. Its easy to look back a situation and say they won/lost so it was a good/bad move. Mostly I just wanted to offer up some examples of some of the "great" managers that we hear about so often, of things that Ozzie often gets criticized for himself. When you watch a single team all of the time, and get something specific in your head, when you watch a 162 games you will be able to find tons of examples of it to support your opinion, pretty much no matter what it is. Hell I can't believe people are honestly saying things like we are better off without Jim Thome in the line up?!?!?
  8. Me as a starting pitcher?
  9. I also wanted to throw this post out there about Gardenhire getting ejected for arguing balls and strikes... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1263852 Then I am also throwing out there the fact that he rested the leading hitter in MLB and his starting catcher the last day of the series against the Sox in which the Twins were trying to win the series to get within one game of the Sox, while a loss would have meant a 3 game deficit? How do you rest the leading hitter in baseball against a rival with the series and that pivotal of a game on the line?
  10. I thought I saw a ton of Sox jersies down there today Excellent
  11. Just for arguement's sake... -In the third game of the series, with the Tigers trailing only by one run, having scored two runs in the sixth inning, instead of running a guy like Zumaya out there to keep them close, Leyland runs Colby Lewis back out there, who promptly faces 3 batters and gets none out. -To start the 4th and final game of the series, with the final result either being ahead by 5.5 or 7.5 games, he leaves on the bench Ivan Rodriguez, Omar Infante, and Marcus Thames, while starting Neifi Perez. -Also in the key 4th game Leyland does not take his starting pitcher out multiple different times in the middle innings when he could have theoretically stopped the bleeding and tried to give the offense a chance to get back in it. Instead Robertson goes 6.2 innings and gives up 10 earned runs. -Casey finished the game at first base after being thrown out first by Pablo Ozuna from left field because he was too busy throwing a temper tantrum and not paying attention to the fact that Joe Crede did NOT catch his line drive.
  12. QUOTE(beautox @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 02:30 AM) Do you think Boone will get a sept call up? and do you think it will be him or tracey for next year out of the chi sox pen? or both provided we don't resign riske. Logan will be a really nice asset for the Sox in September. I wouldn't even be surprised if someone like Neal Cotts ended up "hurt" right before the playoff roster, and Logan ended up on it.
  13. QUOTE(VAfan @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 05:25 PM) As I posted around the trade deadline, the one trade I feared most was Bobby Abreu to the Yankees. What really pissed me off was that they got him for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. And it is pretty clear now that Abreu has been the difference in the Yankees coming from behind Boston to crushing the BoSox and having the second best record in the AL. Now, I don't think it is too late for the Sox to make the playoffs as the wild card (don't think we're going to catch the Tigers) and beat the hated Yanks starting in their house. But Bobby Abreu is going to make it a lot more difficult. This was the one guy that all the major contenders could have used. We could have used him to replace Pods as our lead off hitter, and put some threat both at the top of the order and to shore up our hitting weaknesses at the bottom of the lineup. Boston could have used him as a replacement for Coco Crisp or Willy Mo. The Tigers could have used him instead of Craig Monroe or Marcus Thames. He could even have helped Oakland's offense. I'm just pissed that he's made the Yankees lineup formidable and dangerous again. Break a leg, Bobby! Its pretty hard to call taking on that enormous contract "nothing". This isn't Yahoo fantasy baseball, and dollars mean a lot to teams. If they didn't someone would have offered a lot more than the couple of minor leaguers the Phillies got.
  14. This page is just for you This guy tears apart one of the videos spouting this crap, line by line
  15. I would have to call this a "statement" game
  16. Anyone know how many pitches JG is at after 7?
  17. QUOTE(mskli @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:51 PM) He gone....
  18. QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:49 PM) Juan has no chance at all here
  19. QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:47 PM) You have a plaza actually called "Wal-Mart Plaza"?? Hicks! Pfft. Like you have all of your teeth or something...
  20. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:25 PM) Yeah, but is Lighthouse Place ok? I haven't heard anything either way to be honest... They did say one of the stores in Wal-Mart plaza got hit by lightning and burned down.
  21. QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:10 PM) You live the good life steff, I can only hope my "real world" is something like that, Steff totally needs a reality show. It would be the coolest thing since Laguna Beach...
  22. QUOTE(mskli @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:28 AM) no Pudge/Thames/Infante Jim Leyland must be the worst manager on the planet for resting 3 of his starters against the White Sox... QUOTE(dagotony06 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:41 AM) Long time lurker, first time poster. It seems like a great site, hoepfully I can contribute something to it.Let's get this win today and split this series, and have some momentum going into this huge weekend series against the Twins. Let's take it to Robertson early, and give Big Jon a cushion to work with. Welcome to Soxtalk
  23. QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:57 AM) better start printing up those new science textbooks I just hope they didn't start last week...
  24. Am I the only who would root for pretty much anyone besides Detroit? I think after all of the years of Tigers/Pistons/RedWings/Lions/Vipers hating, I couldn't ever root FOR a Detroit team, even if it were against someone like the Yankees or Red Sox... I think the only exception I could make would be against the Cubs, and since that could only happen in the World Series, I don't have to worry about that one...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.