Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 01:22 PM) Get a (lunch) room you two! I'll have you know I am not that type of guy!
  2. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 01:16 PM) Did you dip it in your BBQ sauce? I double dipped it
  3. It could be worse... we could be Cubs fans
  4. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:40 PM) Are you gonna eat your pita bread? Done
  5. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Half a Chicken meal from Chicken Planet, and I will steal Soxy's line and fine this an acceptable lunch
  6. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:20 AM) Nice!!! What school board? And do you have a campaign website? The website is currently under construction, and I already own the domain name. I am going to set up a blogspot here today, if I have time, to get some thoughts down and out out for public consumption. I am running for one of the two At Large Rep positions on the Michigan City School Board.
  7. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060822/people...dia_cruise_dc_1
  8. Damn Get well soon Aaron
  9. This is the second time in a couple of months that Dylan has said this... Does he have a new album or something coming out?
  10. QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:39 PM) Silva just tied a Twins record by giving up 5 HR in a game. Bert Blyeven (shock!) also gave up 5 for the Twins I think it might have been against the Sox in something like 1984 or 1985 right? Didn't he give up the record of 50 homers in one year? All I remember is that the Sox middle of the order used to kick his ass like nobodies business, especially Ron Kittle.
  11. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:49 AM) Canditiate Southsider is almost official. I have my petition to be put on the ballot for the School Board election, and am in the process of getting the 10 signatures and notary stamp to make it "official". It is now official.
  12. I'm sorry Good luck Los, see ya on the other side!
  13. I am tired of the motherf***ing violins on a motherf***ing plane!
  14. QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 01:37 PM) All I can figure out is nuclear annihilation and complex wars are too much for most people to grasp. They can't do much about a nuclear bomb getting dropped, but we can protect children from this kind of idiot. At least we think we can. I'm rambling here and not making sense, but it seems we avoid the stuff we have seemingly no control over and jumo on the stuff we seemingly have control over. Does that make sense? I was thinking about the police work in this case and how most crimes get solved not by police work. Has the Brown's Chicken murderer(s) been caught? A couple of years back when the DNA technology advanced enough, someone had actually saved a piece of chicken from the crime scene that one of the murders was eating. They went back and DNA tested it, and got a match IIRC. Let me see if I can find the story. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 01:39 PM) A couple of years back when the DNA technology advanced enough, someone had actually saved a piece of chicken from the crime scene that one of the murders was eating. They went back and DNA tested it, and got a match IIRC. Let me see if I can find the story. Here is the link to a site that includes the press confrence transcript http://www.pcgraffiti.com/PalatineNews4.htm
  15. QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 10:13 PM) I don't know why Brian Anderson gets let off the hook by so many fans. Has he proven he can hit yet in the big leagues? I mean I like his defense as much as anybody but you can't tell me he's done better than Rowand did. Again, I like his defense and his potential I guess, but Brian Anderson does not appear to me to have star potential as a hitter. I know ... Crede took a while too. We shall see but to say we'll have one of the best cf's for the next six years, I dunno about that. Even the biggest Brian supporters have to admit he has been a C- at the plate to D plus to go with his A-plus work in cf. Am I the only one who remembers the Aaron Rowand HATE that went on here for a year and a half/two years because Arow was god awful at the plate when he got here? A few years back the trade Rowand threads were as prevelant as the Vazquez sucks threads are now. Not every kid comes to the big leagues ready to go like Albert Pujols. Even if they have the tools, it may take some time to learn how to use them. So far Brian has shown solid progress which is all you can ask from a rookie in a pennant race. The other thing he has done is HELPED the team on defense, which all by itself is a plus. Brian will come around, and soon enough everyone will forget about the times when everyone was crucifing him. Heck it has already started to some extent.
  16. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 12:13 PM) This is kinda sad when you think about it. 171 people die in a jet airliner crash in Ukraine today. Iran replies in the Nuclear Showdown that's ongoing. The UK is planning on a 50% withdrawal from Iraq within the year. And the lead story on two of the three cable news websites is this dude getting sent from California to Colorado to maybe, possibly stand trial on a 10 year old murder case. And on the third news site - its story two. ^^^ Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that... But I guess nuclear annailation doesn't rate that high on the news anymore, does it?
  17. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 11:48 AM) If her other "grama" has anything to do with it, it will probably be something along the lines of "that b**** whore skank douche bag"... . What's wrong with that? Its what we all call you
  18. "Owning" a house sucks. In just the year we have owned this place, we have spent more in emergency repairs, than we have in principle.
  19. Congrats to Charlotte. They have been incredible down there this year
  20. QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 03:37 PM) Is it realistic or not to expect Jon Garland to have that type of season again? Is it realistic or not to expect Garcia and Contreras to start showing signs of age? Everything clicked all at once for the starting pitching last year. That's never going to happen like that again. What about the hitting? Why can't I say the lineup has OVERacheived (which they clearly have) without someone always running to the goddamned "the pitching last year..." argument. I think you are working off of the assumption that hitting and pitching are equal parts in winning baseball games. I don't believe that at all, and I think history would bear me out. I truely believe many more teams have won titles with mediocre pitching and great offense, versus the other way around.
  21. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/21/0...6.o0mynclv.html
  22. QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 03:34 PM) the expectations going into the season were high? why aren't those expectations STILL high? oh, and here's a multiple choice exam for you: 1) The White Sox have a. slightly underachieved (5 or fewer games) b. noticably underachieved (5-10 games) c. greatly underachieved (10-15 games) d. vastly underachieved (15 or more games) Even if Vazquez, Buehrle and Garcia were pitching to the ERA norms, and the hitting was WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE EXPECTED going into the season (ie Crede hitting 30 points lower, Thome maybe being more injured and hitting for less of an average, Podsednik stealing more bases, JD having slightly lower numbers), I think you'd be hard pressed to find 6 more wins/less losses. Seriously, did you expect this team to be 35 over at this point? If this team is 79-44 right now instead of 73-50 (a SIX game difference! SIX!) everyone is high-fiving one another and getting the champagne on ice. The tone of some of the members of this site makes it seem like we've had the most disasterous season possible, which is obviously such a gross overstatement it embarrasses anyone who has a brain (White Sox fan or not) If the pitching had been like last year, we would have at least 80 wins right now, probably more like 82 or 83.
  23. QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 03:26 PM) I completely respect your theory...but I ask this: has the coverage of the Sox been that bad this year? I think the media has been rather fair to us this year, and they've definitely given us the respect that a world champion deserves. We're definitely a glass half-empty fan base, and that started well before most of us were born. I've actually been surprised that the media hasn't made a bigger issue out of some of Ozzie's comments this year. I think the local media is afraid of losing their lockerroom access if you ask me, and that's why they haven't been harder on some of the more stupid stuff that Ozzie has said this year. Nationally his stupid stuff seems to be playing more than it has here, but that could just be me. As for the first part, it depends on what you mean by "bad". We have gotten TONS of coverage this year. Way more than we ever have gotten. I would be really interested to see the perspectives if the shoes were reversed and it was the Cubs having a disappointing season after winning a WS. Would Cub fans still be singing about how great the team is, or would everyone be pissed because they weren't running away with it again? Then of course the next question is would the media coverage of it look the same as it does now?
  24. QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 03:14 PM) Are we really counting the tour groups from Iowa as the Cubs fan base? I thought we were considering legitimate fans of the team? Out of all years, this is definitely not the time where we should be bashing our fan base. The attendance has been sensational this year, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find people saying our fans are negative outside of those who read this site, etc. Did I miss a purity test to buy a jersey or get into a ballpark? Yeah, as long as those people are buying merchandise and newspapers based on their favorite team, they are "fans" IMO. And you missed the whole point of the post if you think I am bashing our fan base. The point is, we are getting the kind of coverage we as fans are looking for. Because White Sox fans trend towards the negative side of everything, that's why our coverage tends to follow that same theme. I know some people are going to try to jump in and pick at specifics here as usual, but unlike some, I am not presenting this as a be all end all truth of Chicago media. Its a theory. Nothing more, nothing less.
  25. QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 03:01 PM) We're more negative than Cubs fans? I couldn't disagree more. No one cares about the Hawks, and the Bulls/Bears don't split up the fan base like the baseball teams do. Cubs fans have completely changed their mindset from 3 or 4 years ago. Sox fans are WAY more negative than Cub fans, there isn't a doubt in my mind. Example number one would be the fact there are still sellouts every single night at Wrigley Field, despite the product on the field. If the Sox had a record like that, they would be drawing 15K, and even the Bulls and Bears would be experiencing no-shows on a large scale.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.