Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
A plea to White Sox fans
QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 02:52 PM) I think the problem is that really emotional and passionate fans get upset when the team loses, maybe like ron santo equivalents of whitesox fans, and even though we won they still get upset when they lose afterwards so even though they all appreciate the world series, its just part of their character to be emotional and upset when something goes wrong down the road Part of me has started to wonder if this is why we get the type of press coverage that we get. We have, by far, the most negative fan base of any team in Chicago, IMO. The Cubs, by far have the most postive fan base, with the Bulls, Bears, and Blackhawks next going from most positive to least. The weird thing is that I think the press coverage seems to slant towards those views, as I think the Cubs get the most happy publicity in town followed by the Bulls, Bears, Hawks and finally the Sox. I really wonder if the newspaper higher ups have picked up on the vibes and picked writers for the teams based on those demographics, as people really want to read what they believe, as it is with most people. Because most Sox fans are more negative than anyone else in Chicago sports, would we buy as many newspapers from a group who wrote mostly positive articles, or would the Sox fan base gravitiate towards the more negative writings, as it speaks closer to their feelings? I really wonder if Sox fans are getting what they ask for in media coverage?
-
I can't take it anymore...
I swear my baby cries less when we take her pacifier away, than goes on here when the White Sox lose...
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 01:41 PM) 7lbs 1oz, everything is perfect. Whew.. Congrats Grandma
-
Alrighty then...
Sounds like a doublemint commerical gone horribly wrong.
-
Youtube and Politicos
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 12:36 PM) Hm. Not as bad as calling someone a monkey... but still a poor choice of words. Not that I needed much prodding to dislike Hillary anyway. Its still a really poor racial sterotype...
-
8/18 Games
I haven't seen Brandon Allens name in the boxes for a couple of days now... Is he hurt or benched?
-
Tigers fans turning on Maggs?
I am curious from our visiting Tigers fans if this is basically true, or if this is just selective printing of letters? http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../608210314/1129
-
Who will get the call?
With the way Cotts has been going, Boone is a lock to return. Chris Stewart, Sean Tracey, Ryan Sweeney, and Jerry Owens are my other picks to get called up. It will be interesting to see if and when most of these guys make it up as Charlotte still has the playoffs to look forward to.
-
Rant and Rave
QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:56 AM) you know what really grinds my gears is people who b**** and moan and then expect everyone else to listen and care; like i really give a crap about your problems people i kid because i really cant stand a lot of the same things LCR said when i was at uiuc; and now the driving here in indy is on a completely separate but equal level of inane driving You are in Indy? I'm sorry. To be honest I have never driven in a city that I hated more than Indianapolis. At least Chicago makes sense. People want to go whereever they are going REALLY fast. Indy you have people in the left lane going 90, in the right lane going 45, and some dude behind that guy in the right lane with his right turn signal on for the last 5 miles... except he cuts off the guy in the middle lane.
-
Rant and Rave
I hate people who when they are upset, they feel they have to ruin things for everyone else.
-
Youtube and Politicos
All this does is continue the trend we have been seeing since people realized how important TV was during the Kennedy debates. It just happens that more and more time is getting eaten away at by these mediums. It also continues the trend of electing the best actors instead of the best people for the country because of what they do when the cameras are supposed to be off, and how old or bad they look on TV.
-
Happy Birthday Tony82087!
Happy Birthday Tony
-
Valponick asks for your prayers
for you guys and all involved.
-
Broadway to Charlotte
Is this to cover an injury or a true promotion?
-
Politte has shoulder surgery
Glad to hear that Cliff is going to get taken care of. Once he heals up, he will be a great set up man again for someone.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 03:04 PM) Here ya go.... right up yer A%^#%%*^(*^#$*^*(!!!!! I'll just burn the whole place down...
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 03:01 PM) Is it really necessary to save up all your stapling for the entire week and then use the loud ass electric stapler to do it in the middle of the day when everyone is trying to work....??? Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler?
-
9/11 conspiracy theory
I just happened accross this site which speaks much more closely to how most of us seem to feel about this stuff... http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons And for a more facts oriented look at some of this stuff... http://www.ccdominoes.com/lc/LooseChangeGuide.html
-
Solar Neighborhood now a little more crowded...
This might not be settled after all... Pluto may still get demoted
-
Massive attack foiled in England
Pakistan quietly confirms Al Qaeda led failed plot
-
Chocola to host immigration forum in South Bend
- It isn't easy being green
QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 01:06 PM) I don't think advocating and encouraging policy change is nearly the same thing as claiming yourself a "moral authority." Well to me, telling people to change their behaviors because you believe there is a better way to live life is pretty much the definition of a moral authority, at least to me. Right, wrong, or indifferent doesn't really matter.- What should I get on my plates?
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 01:02 PM) Among morons perhaps... Chicago and the burbs are full of Cub fans FWIW...- Arrest in the Jon Benet Ramsey Murder?
Karr knows crime scene secrets, which have never been released- Not a surprise, not a time to panic, but what happened to "grinde
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 12:23 PM) I don't understand all the clamouring for "smallball". The offense is the best in the league. The pitching has been horrible. The team ERA is almost the same as Cleveland's. Put last year's offense with this year's pitching and you would have a team that would be very lucky to be .500. You can't play small ball when you need to score 7 or 8 runs a night in order to win a game, although I would like to see some more stolen base attempts. The flip side of that is if you put last years pitching with this years offense... :drools - It isn't easy being green