Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Come on Timo! Come on Timo!
St Louis designated Timo Perez for assignment yesterday, our CF back up problems are solved!
-
Lunch
QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:11 AM) Now do I go with the Double Cheeseburger, the Beef, or a Chopped Salad? Chopped salad? At Portillos? What the heck is wrong with you????
-
We survived the storms of '06
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:29 AM) Yeah, that whole area of 12 was really nicely surrounded by trees as soon as you get East of the mills all the way to Michigan City. I can imagine that taking a while to clean up. Wonder if Dad had the car outside. He never got the hail damage fixed from the last one of those about 5 years ago (he kept the insurance check). IIRC your family was from the Valpo area right? It didn't sound like they got it nearly as bad as we did. Basically if you took a line right down the Porter/Laporte county line, that sounds like the path of the storm.
-
August 06 QOTM
In the thread about Pluto losing planetary status... QUOTE(juddling @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:57 AM) ...and in other news today...it was announced that the ACLU has filed suit in federal court on Pluto's behalf to keep it's 'planet' status. In a statement issued today the ACLU stated that it can't believe that in this day and age that size still matters.
-
Pluto gets kicked out of planet club
QUOTE(juddling @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:57 AM) ...and in other news today...it was announced that the ACLU has filed suit in federal court on Pluto's behalf to keep it's 'planet' status. In a statement issued today the ACLU stated that it can't believe that in this day and age that size still matters. QOTY!!!!
-
We survived the storms of '06
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:53 AM) I used to bike through Beverly Shores a lot...really nice campground across route 12. My in-laws live a mile down the road in the Pines, and its a miracle their house is still there. There neighbors house got a big oak tree right through the middle of it. That area was just destroyed from the sounds of it. I am sure you remember all of the big old growth trees, that stuff just got tore up. HWY 12 has been impassible ever since the storm at 6 pm last night.
-
This made me feel old... Beloit mindset list
QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:36 AM) Buy a lot of Playtex, Mike? Either that or I work for a stock exchange And judging by my spelling of Playtex...
-
Lunch
QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:29 AM) Don't forget it's a great price for the amount of food you get too! yeah, $5.50 gets you a half chicken, a side, and a pita bread. In downtown Chicago that is a steal.
-
Thome injury
QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:16 AM) Assuming Thome is out for a few days, what about bringing up Fields to play 1b? Lets see what he's made of. He's been killing the ball in Triple A, hitting .311 with 18 homers and a .525 slugging percentage. If its only a few days, who do you plan on sending down or releasing in the meantime?
-
This made me feel old... Beloit mindset list
Sara Lee owns platex and other apparel companies
-
Lunch
QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:10 AM) Here, NS: Link Actually that is a really solid review. The guy who owns the place is a real nice guy, and the food/sauce is excellent. It is on Jackson Blvd between State and Plymouth Ct. As a man who takes lunch very seriously, it is a place that has a permanent spot on my radar.
-
Lunch
Its Thursday so that means two double cheezburgers from the Billy Goat. This is definately acceptable.
-
Arrest in the Jon Benet Ramsey Murder?
QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 09:12 AM) raining cats and dogs . . . And trees, and golf ball sized hail, and ...
-
Pluto gets kicked out of planet club
So did they change the planetary definition again? I wonder what the new one is?
-
Arrest in the Jon Benet Ramsey Murder?
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 08:51 AM) Noted. Scardecat. Nah, just dog tired. Last night was a looooooong nite.
-
Arrest in the Jon Benet Ramsey Murder?
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 08:45 AM) The guy was on the "short list" for three different crimes in three different states. Worth at the very least a look, IMO. I'm not weighing in on this particular case, because I don't know enough about it, I was just giving Tex a little perspective on his statement about people confessing to things that they didn't do.
-
Lunch
QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 07:54 AM) Will you be joining in the chorus of YMCA? ^ Winner! I actually saw the original Police Academy on TV the other day and couldn't believe I thought it was funny 20 years ago
-
Arrest in the Jon Benet Ramsey Murder?
QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 08:31 AM) Steff, I was wondering the same thing. I can't believe at that time they had other, more promising leads. The only thing I could think of was time and money. Perhaps there are so many wackos like this they don't have the time and money to check everyone out. I am guessing that things have only gotten worse since this time, but apparently over 200 people "confessed" to the Lindberg baby kidnapping.
- Happy Birthday Rowand44
-
We survived the storms of '06
QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 07:55 AM) Glad to hear everything is ok. Maybe you and Jim can swap storm stories . . . After his 04, I think he would "win"
-
Don't mess with the Aztecs
So much for quietly surrendering to the Spaniards.
-
This made me feel old... Beloit mindset list
- Lunch
QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 05:16 AM) 5:15 AM and I'm working my lunch schedule already. I see a fish taco in my future. Not certain if it will be from The Blue Oyster Bar (Voted one of the top 20 Beach Dives in America) or Dirty Al's. Anticipation . . . Lets see how many people catch this one- We survived the storms of '06
We are fine, we sustained no damage ourselves. My moms house had a tree fall on a back porch and practically sheer it right off of the house. We haven't had power since about 6 pm last night, and Michigan City and all of the surrounding towns are basically disaster areas. The power is on in some areas, and completely out in others. There are massive old oak and maple trees down everywhere, which made getting around interesting. I have seen it storm like that exactly once in my life, and that was when I was ten and one summer in Texas we rode out Hurricane Alicia. I haven't seen anything since that approached it. But like I said, we are safe and OK, and the reports are by some miracle of God, at least so far no one was hurt or killed in our area. Please keep the area in your prayers as there are a lot of people who lost houses and the like.- Lunch
QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 01:26 PM) Since when? Since I finished lunch... - Lunch