Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
8/11 @ 7:35 PM Game Thread
I bet this is up to at least 100 posts before the first pitch is even thrown
-
Maurice Clarett
That story about Clarett is crazy. It will be interesting to hear the details as they come out. To me it sounds like one of the guys that gave him the cars and house wanted his money back.
-
Nood-Nicks At Yesterday's Game
QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 11:12 AM) Well, I can't understand anyone that would hassle a fan of the visiting team as long as he is acting in a respectful manner. There are opportunities there for some good natured banter, which can be a lot of fun. But to hassle someone because he is seeing his team at your ballpark is just classless. And most people never would, but as Sox fans know its the 0.0001% of people who can ruin it for everybody. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:15 PM) Did I miss something or was the intital complaint about the idiots that wear the garb of a team NOT playing...??? i.e.. I did not wear any Sox stuff when I went to Shea last weekend because the Sox were not playing. Yeah, as usual we are off of the orginal point.
-
Massive attack foiled in England
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 11:59 AM) The amazing thing is though, if they really wanted to bring this country to a standstill, they'd be able to do it easily with just a few per day, as logn as they happened in this country. We're damn lucky they haven't figured that out yet. If they learned nothing from the Washington sniper attacks, that should be it.
-
Massive attack foiled in England
QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 11:22 AM) How would you repsond to this . . . The risk on the street is greater for the individual. You are correct that a bomb on an airplane would be more likely to kill a group of people. But for the individual, does it matter if they were the only ones killed by a car bomb, instead of one of a hundred that were killed on an airplane? Isn't this about protecting individual lives? Doesn't the person on the street also run the risk of knives, guns, cross bows, traffic accidents, etc? I'd be interested in adding up airplane fatalities through terrorism versus car bombs, suicide murders, etc. There is one bit of logic missing here though... the enemy we are fighting doesn't care about total fatalities as much as they care about making a huge impact on the USA both ecnomically and having a big show to prove to the world that they can take on the Great Satan and we are powerless to stop them. They have no interest in killing people one by one. They want to kill 10000 at a time, once, not 50 a day.
-
Sell out streak!
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 10:41 AM) i couldn't have asked for the fans to support this team better after the world championship season. it just proves who the smarter fans are... we held out for a world series championship, and Cub fans still sell out that stadium every game/every year, giving management no reason to win. QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 11:01 AM) Oh BS, the sox always had the money. I love Kenny's ways of trading for players and getting other teams to pay their contracts, BUT, it was always BS that the Sox didn't spend, and now that they ARE spending, we be happy. You are actually wrong on this, and the answer is in one of your previous posts. Because of the Sox much lower attendance at times, they have never had the money to spend like the Cubs. Plus when you add in their much higher outside revenues from things such as merchandise and advertsing, it isn't even close. I know the old JR haters used to always sing this song, but the Sox have always spent everything that comes in. Period.
-
8/11 @ 7:35 PM Game Thread
QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 10:34 AM) Miner is putting it back together. Last three starts: 6.1 IP, 7H, 3ER, 0BB, 3K (against minnesota) 5.2 IP, 4H, 3ER, 3BB, 2K (against tampa bay) 6.0 IP, 4H, 2ER, 2BB, 5K (against minnesota) Not great, but decent. To be fair, neither of those teams is much to speak of offensively, but we will see if it holds up or not.
-
Top 3 web gems in White Sox history
That's the hard thing about this list... after reading about guys like Joe Jackson, Nellie Fox, Luis Aparicio etc, you know they made plays that would rival any of these we are talking about, we just don't know about them. To call this the best in history is misleading, because all we really are talking about is the past 20 years for the most part.
-
Woman gave daughter to boyfriend for sex
QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 10:19 AM) She was getting paid - with body piercings and everything. Oh, I agree, they're both worthless, but she's supposed to be her daughter's protector - not pimp. She's not even supposed to bring this kind of trash around her daughter, let alone serve her up to him. I can't argue with any of that, that's for sure. The mom deserves to get abused in prision. What kind of mom turns her own kid into a prostitute to make sure she can keep her boyfriend? Its discusting.
-
Proof that Umps hosed us in Yanks series
Big surprise there... the umpiring for both sides was subpar and inconsistant. Very many missed calls for both teams.
-
Woman gave daughter to boyfriend for sex
QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 09:54 AM) IMO, the mother is worse and deserves harsher punishment. meh, one is a pimp, the other is a child molester. I don't think either of them is worth too much.
-
Nood-Nicks At Yesterday's Game
QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:22 AM) Sorry, but I've gone to a Sox-Rangers game in Arlington wearing Sox gear and cheering for the Sox. As long as you aren't a jerk about it, there should be no problem. Basically, I paid for my ticket and have every right to root for whoever I want to. In mean time, I had some great baseball conversations with some knowledgeable Ranger fans. No problems whatsoever. You'll have that at a park that is less of "rival", vs wearing Sox gear at a place like the Jake, Comerica, or Wrigley.
-
Sell out streak!
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 09:39 AM) I think if we win at least 90 games (which I think we'll definitely do), most of the fans will come back to watch us again next season, or at least I would like to think so. It's not like the other product across town ain't doin so well ATM anyways. I think you might start seeing some empty seats at Wrigley next year, unless a huge move is made by the Cubs in the off-season. I think it takes a trade for ARod or Tejada, or someone of that calibur to keep the lemmings coming, especially if the Sox make anykind of a showing in post season play. You can feel the bitterness creeping in for Cub fans, the next step is to quit going if progress isn't shown.
-
Woman gave daughter to boyfriend for sex
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/11/underage...t.ap/index.html
-
Massive attack foiled in England
A British Muslim gave a keep tip that broke apart the plot Days of Carry-on luggage are over.
-
Joe Lieberman will run in the general.
QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 08:02 AM) Alexa is a website that tracks traffic on commercial sites. It happened to be tracking Lieberman's and Lamont's site. Both had equal spikes in traffic. The difference? Joe Lieberman's website was on a shared server with 74 other websites. This website has trouble with 350 people on it at once. It wasn't a bandwidth issue. It looks more like a server issue. That might, or might not mean anything. If they are claiming a denial of service, that could be important. If they are claiming they were hacked, that is a different story, and how much traffic is on the site doesn't matter.
-
Sell out streak!
Last night marked the White Sox 15 straight sell out of US Cellular Field, and 35th sell out of the 2006 season. The Sox have all 3 games with the Tigers sold out already, meaning we are looking at having at least 18 straight sellouts on the Southside, as the push for 3 million fans continues
-
Massive attack foiled in England
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/cbed2e12-28b5-11db...00779e2340.html MI5 has been tracing this group for quite a while now... I wonder when some of the details on how they got their info will start to leak out? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Arrests in Pakistan led to British cell being activated
-
Massive attack foiled in England
On the US side of the investigation
-
Gmail users
I have gmail, and I have very little spam get through. There have been a couple lately, but I am sure they are on top of it. In general, I LOVE my gmail. I love the bunching of related emails which really keeps down the inbox clutter.
-
Is the East a bit overrated?
We just took 2 of 3 from New York (including NY self destructing in game 3, blowing game 1, and nearly blowing game 2) and 2 of 3 from Toronto (including a beating of Roy Halliday), while Kansas City was sweeping the Red Sox (??!!??) Did these teams just get caught at the right time, or is the AL Central better than they are getting credit for?
-
Trade with SF (2002 firesale) Lofton for Felix Diaz
Was Liriano drafted or signed as a FA? Also what year was he drafted if he indeed was?
-
White Sox Ring Raffle
- Massive attack foiled in England
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:30 PM) That movie looks like the worst movie EVER. I mean, really. That's the whole point actually. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- More details are leaking out about the attack... http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/0...sive_gel_t.html- Massive attack foiled in England
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:28 PM) I'm pretty proud of myself. I pretty much said the exact things the lawyer said. I don't know that I would be proud of that - Massive attack foiled in England