Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. So even the UN admits that Hezbollah is firing missles from close to UN positions... It doesn't take a big leap to get that they are trying to get Israel to target the UN positions to further their PR campaign again.
  2. QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 11:22 PM) The term Zionist is itself anti-semitic. Maybe in the last few years when used by certian groups as a term of derision, but historically it wasn't meant anything like it is used by the enemies of Israel today.
  3. I'm just shocked... no wait...
  4. It look initially like the west coast and Alaska are going to get hit really hard by this shutdown. Alaska is going to miss out on a huge amount of taxes and royalties, while the west coast might have to get creative on where it gets its oil supplies from. http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/08/oilfield....n.ap/index.html
  5. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 01:01 AM) What do you guys think the standard grieving time (in general) would be for the death of a dog that you were very attached to and had for 5 years would be? Just a basic estimation. At what point should a person be able to move on and accept a new dog into their life? I know all people and situations are different but what do you people think your or the average time would be? Depends a lot on the family and their dynamic. For some families a pet is another kid, for others its an accessory.
  6. QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:30 PM) As close as we may come, i don't think that a nuclear bomb will ever be dropped again as an act of war. I really believe we will see a nuclear or atomic weapon detonated in our lifetime as an act of terrorism, not as an act of war.
  7. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 06:01 PM) Ever read "Lies My Teacher Told Me" by James Loewen? Great read. He also did one about lies on historical markers that blew me away but I forget the title. I've read something like that... I can't remember who by, but it was a great read.
  8. QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 04:22 PM) Interesting indeed. I remember reading it in a history textbook, of all places. Those things are poorly written pieces of trash. Regardless, that still seems to be the mentality of some people. I hope you aren't telling me that you believe everything you read in a textbook...
  9. QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 03:23 PM) To paraphrase a quote from a Vietnam Sgt.: "The only way to save them is to kill them" If this quote actually was ever muttered by anyone besides Peter Arnett is an interesting discussion... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Arnett
  10. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 01:37 PM) where does Quizno's get off charging $6.50 for a regular size sandwhich? They've got a pepper bar?
  11. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5251742.stm
  12. QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 12:58 PM) The manager really has to step up here-maybe more than the players do. His best is needed. Manage the bullpen, as there are no days off. No more than 1 replacement player (non-starter) at a time. And keep the mood easy and put the clamps on the 3rd base coach. Meh, I don't know why this has gotten to me, but here is what I think. Despite what the arm chair managers want to say, Ozzie isn't stupid. This is from the Trib Odds are these injuries haven't appeared out of nowhere, especially for Crede and Thome who have real injury histories with their backs. Ozzie isn't just starting these guys because he loves them, he is starting them to preserve them so that instead of missing a game here and there, they don't miss a few weeks from not being able to go out all because their backs have locked up. Ozzie Guillen played baseball for a longtime, and still has a pretty good idea what it takes to be able to play a full season of baseball physically. Its easy to say that we should send out the best team for 162 days straight, but in reality, if you try that, you will hurt guys, especially guys that we know are prone to certian injuries. Personally I would rather see Cintron start a game or two at third, versus seeing him and Ozuna play it for a month straight, or seeing Josh Fields's baptism by fire in a pennant race.
  13. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 12:47 PM) I can understand why HR people can be so rude. I bet 95% of what people got to HR for can be found in writing somewhere. Most people are too lazy to look for it and read. It's faster to pick up a phone and bother HR. You have got me backwards, it isn't that I think they are rude at all, they are just way to happy about life most of the time. They remind me of used care salesmen more than anything. QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 12:53 PM) aboz, it sounds like you did everything by the book. I graduated in December and finished an internship in April. You can expect to hear something within a few weeks, but do not be discouraged if you do not get the position. One word of advice. I went on probably 7 interviews. The first three, I did not get offered. The fourth, I got offered only to find out a week later that the position was being put on hold. The final three all offered positions to me. Don't feel you have to take the first offer you get. Had I done so, I would not have ended up as happy as I am now. Good luck to you and your job search, it's not the most fun thing to do, but when you get one, you'll be very happy. True story. Whatever offers you might get aren't necesarily their best offers. I negotitated on and off with a place for a week before finally turning them down. To be honest I am glad I drug it out as long as I did, because it told me a lot about the way they work with their employees, and it told me I didn't really want to the be there anyway. I saw just this morning they have the position relisted on Monster.com, mostly because they didn't want to cover their own excessive insurance costs.
  14. More of the same... Death toll lowered from 40 to 1 And more images being pulled as faked... http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3287774,00.html
  15. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:32 AM) I was on E yesterday, and it was $3.09, disgusting. Just wait...
  16. QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:08 AM) Chicago's dirty? Whats New York and LA? Unless you have been up there, its hard to explain. The people are nicer, life is a little slower, Toronto is a lot cleaner. Its a beautiful city. Chicago has been cleaned up a lot over the last 10-15 years, but it is no where close to Toronto.
  17. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:12 AM) i think most people get their opinion of stern from E!...which highlighted the girls and crazy antics. That being said, its definately not for everyone. Things I enjoy...prank phone calls, good guest interviews, general discussion and analysis of the news. Listen to Mike North lately? This guy seems to be influenced by Stern, with the spiff he does. God no. Mike North is just horrible.
  18. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:38 AM) People here are incredibly fickle. Here's a breakdown of at least the most vocal members of Soxtalk, and where they stand on the season on a particular day: After a win: Winning the Central After a loss: Winning the Wild Card After a two-game winning streak: Give us the rings. After a two-game losing streak: Playing golf in October. And if you feel offended in any way by the above chart, you most likely are a person this chart is describing. Its funny because its true
  19. Personally I haven't gotten the whole shock-jock thing for a while now. Really I don't think either one of them are very funny after a few days of listening.
  20. QUOTE(IggyD @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:56 AM) I agree with your initial views, however I did not write those statements. To be fair, you did say that you believe them to be true FWIW.
  21. Landis fires back, and makes one interesting point, I don't know if anyone here can answer to it or not... http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/200...is-retort_x.htm
  22. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:08 AM) That is your little grey box with a red X, not your little chart. Must be pillowpants at work...
  23. Is tonights game against Anaheim sold out? It didn't sound like it on the broadcast yesterday.
  24. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:27 AM) That's quite an interesting little story in itself. I wonder if this will mean Javy will just abandon the curveball now in the later innings if he just starts to feel the pinch tiredness wise? If he can get that high leg kick going though, and he continues to throw the way he did in his last start, hopefully this won't be an issue. For something like this, realizing it is half of the battle. It happens across all sports, and especially in this particular situation, it was probably something he didn't even realize until someone pointed it out to him. Now in the later innings, it will be in the back of his mind, so he will work harder to make sure he is technically correct. Plus the confidence of an outing last Saturday goes a long way too.
  25. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 09:18 AM) If you could send good thoughts and prayers to my 3 year old nephew (his bday was 8-3) it would be appreciated. He had a doctor's appointment for a check up yesterday and it looks like more tests have been ordered. They feel he is too short and are trying to see if there might be anything specific causing it. Since he is 3 and still cannot handle dairy, they are also putting him through some testing to officially diagnose it as lactose intolerance (the sperm donor has this as well so it wouldn't be a huge surprise). He goes for the tests in about a month and in the mean time he (mom) has to keep a diary of what he eats every day. He does take vitamins every day, but we are hoping that at worst it will be calcium supplements. The doctors didn't give my sister any idea of what they suspect might be the issue so we are all a little rattled at the idea something could be wrong with our little Dude. Oh, I had to share this. When I went to seem him on his birthday, I brought a cake, ice cream and some presents. As soon as he saw me he asks, "Are you bringing me my happy birthday?!" He was so excited to see me which melted my heart. We played catch for about an hour (he kept changing the "ball" we were playing catch with haha) and his friends came by. We ate dinner, then cake and then the presents. While he was opening them, his "girlfriend" Lexi was helping him and her mom told her no and then my nephew told Lexi's mom it was okay she was helping him. He was so excited to get the "Little People" CDs and DVD that I bought him as well as the overalls (the pants and shirts he liked but didn't get excited over haha). Hopefully the little guy is OK

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.