Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:47 AM) omg instead of attendance arguing about lack of people now we argue about getting to 3 million people! Arguing? Uh, ok.
  2. QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:36 AM) Official capacity of Comiskey Park II is 40615 so as Steff would say, it's doable The attendence for sellouts is usually way less than that because of comp tickets. For example yesterday we drew 38,931 for a sellout. Really all it would take is one game of 30,000 vs the Royals and we would be pretty well screwed.
  3. Well at least you got a White Sox winner! Hopefully the rest of the trip was way better than the flight situations.
  4. QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:22 AM) To reach 3 million, the Sox must average 38952 for the last 21 games. Even if one game falls below that average, they won't reach it so let's sell these games out! Because of the capacity, that is going to be nearly impossible to get.
  5. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 09:58 AM) Did the News-Dispatch ever report on it? It started Sunday at 3:30 am, so it missed it, and would be in today's paper. They don't update the on-line version until about noon. I'll let you know what it saids.
  6. http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/08/14/p...g.ap/index.html
  7. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 10:23 PM) I thought I heard that the 3 night caps are sold out. I think Thursday was the one that was going to be the hard sell, being an afternoon game in the middle of the week. Hawk kept mentioning that tickets were available for all of the games, but I just looked at Monday, and you can't even get a single ticket for it.
  8. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 07:42 AM) I'd never root for Boston under any circumstance. I dispise them more than anything in sports. As a lifelong fan of almost all things Chicago (f the Cubs) this is how I feel about Detroit. I don't know if I could root for one of their teams if my life depended on it.
  9. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 08:56 AM) I saw the AP article on this yesterday and I knew right away they were illegals. When you start hearing about mattresses in the kitchen and illegal plywood walls, you know who that's for. That's the samething I thought when I was reading the Trib's version. Its just wierd that they wouldn't mention it, especially when they do mention people fleeing the scene and not returning. To me it leaves out part of the story. In general, it is just really sad that someone would use people like that, and then treat them like subhumans. Not that we ate at that place very often, but I am sure as hell not going in there ever again.
  10. It depends, is Capitian Caveman involved?
  11. For a little bit of backround, this happened about 4 or 5 blocks from my house, so I was looking at the different accounts of it. The first is a Gary paper, the second is the Chicago Tribune, the third is a blurp from the Washington Times. The Tribune makes no mention at all of illegal aliens, the Gary Post talks about it, and in the Washington Post, pretty much all that is said is that 4 died, and they might be illegal. I'll be curious what our local paper has to say... Also for the people involved. This is a tragedy no matter what the details are.
  12. So far, so good for cease fire.
  13. 18 straight sellouts, 38 total on the season. Here is where it gets interesting though as there are tickets for all four of the up coming games at home against KC... Do your think Sox fans, put your money where your mouths are. You say you go when we win, well we just swept the best team in baseball...
  14. QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 09:29 PM) Jackie Hayes, you pinned it. The throwing around of the phrase 'acting like Nazis' is insinuating that they are out to eradicate Muslims from the earth ror something. PLus, has nothing to do but distract you from the wackos present at the SF rally. I think the whole "acting like Nazi's" thing for the Jews, is the exact reason things like "anti-semite" get tossed around so freely on the other side. Everyone wants to pull out the hard hitting label for their 5 second soundbyte, without actually having to put some thought or sense to anything. When the Israelis conduct mass round ups and executions of a race, without a single act of aggression or war being taken against them, then we can talk about "acting like nazi's". So far the Israelis are responding to an act of war perpetrated against them, yet again. Have their tacticts been nice? Hell no. But is it nice to break multiple Geneva conventions and invade a nation with ununiformed militia and kidnap its soliders to hold them for ransom or worse? Is it nice to fire missiles from civilian/nuetral party areas knowing it will draw fire towards innocent people? Is it nice to perpetrate lies and control all media access in order to make one side look like they are committing war crimes, when in fact they are responding to acts of aggression? Yeah, give me millions of dead Palestians murdered because the Israelis blame all of their woes on them, and hold them up to hide the shortcomings of their own governments, then we can talk about acting like Nazi's.
  15. QUOTE(Reddy @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 07:15 PM) what you seriously think that keeping people from bringing shampoo on the plane will stop terrorist attacks? wow. if the plots been 'foiled' then no one's gonna try the same thing any time soon. and if we DID foil it prior to them getting to an airport why do changes need to be made at the airport? obviously we're doing a good enough job... i'm sorry, but 3-4 hour lines at security is ridiculous and pointless El Al saids "hi"
  16. Its not just Rueters under scrutiny for doctored pictures...
  17. August 16th was to have been the date of the attack, today was supposed to be the "practice" run ________________________________________________________ Al Qaeda member held in Pakistan in connection with the investigation
  18. Uribe, just because the SS position is involved more often in the game than the CF.
  19. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 01:43 PM) Massive peeve of mine also. Not to mention MVP chants
  20. QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 01:33 PM) Not sure if Simon is posting on here while he is in the US, but just so everyone knows his flight was delayed but he made it in yesterday evening. He picked quite a day to fly in huh? I spoke to him over the phone and I'm definitely looking forward to attending Saturday's game with with him and his son! Excellent. I am glad this stuff didn't derail his plans
  21. QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 01:09 PM) Because all I heard from everyone last year was how Boston was going to Dominate because the WIld Card had won like the previous four world series. People just go with these stupid patterns and they think they have to be true. I believe Ben Franklin once said, "Those who do not learn from their history, are doomed to repeat it." There is obviously a reason why so many wild cards win the World Series, so it just goes to reason that even if we get in as the Wild Card we have a pretty damned good chance of winning it all.
  22. QUOTE(farmteam @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 01:08 PM) Yeah, that one is never called, and it happens all the time. It's easy to tell people don't know the balk rules -- just listen to the crowd anytime the pitcher makes a move to second. They think it's a balk. or the fake to first, fake to third move that everyone starts screaming about...
  23. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 01:00 PM) The #1 that people forget about (including umps) is the comming set rule. You must come completely set for 1 full second which is something you see a lot and you hardly ever see it called. Roy Oswalt does it constantly and I've only seen it called on him once. yeah, that rule they have completely quit calling. I know they enforced it for a while about 10 years ago, but they were calling so many balks, they pretty much just quietly quit doing it.
  24. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:54 PM) I'm just trying to figure out how basically no one at the park seemed to catch it. Fathom and I mentioned it right away in the game thread but I thought my eyes might have been deceiving me considering nobody on the Sox argued at all. Very, very few people know the balk rules at all, and that is including the seasoned baseball fans. I would bet if you 100 baseball fans to list the ways you can balk, less than 5 would be right.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.