Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:11 AM) First time in White Sox history hitting a grand slam in all 3 games of a series. First MLB team since the '93 Tigers to do it. First off your team has to win to get a save. Second, you have to be the last pitcher in the game to be eligible for a save.
  2. This does one thing for the Sox... It turns this into Us against the World. The Sox thrive off of that.
  3. Its an interesting question. These guys never did quit, and even with the team down 8, the guys knew they had to get on base, and not just look for personal stats like Sox teams of the past would have done. I don't know if that is the type of players we have, or Ozzie Guillen, but whatever it is, I love it.
  4. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 09:07 AM) We have 4 guys with 8 wins or more and Javy is one of those guys. Guess how many other teams can claim that?? ZERO. I know his era isn't where I want it and I know he has beaten up on KC, but he has beaten some pretty good hitting teams too in Clev, Sea, and Texas. I think the more time Coop has with him, the better he'll be. I'm hardly ready to trade him or write him off as a bad trade. Only on our team do we consider an 8-4 starter a liability. Just like with Contreras, you can't write off a guy who has an arm like that, especially on a team that has a history of turning around these type of players.
  5. The timing of things is odd, especially with the pen getting a few good workouts lately. Jenks had worked 3 of 4 games, Thornton had worked 2.1 the day before, and McCarthy had also worked two IP the game prior... I don't get it?
  6. Vazquez reminds a lot of Garland in his early years here... He has an electric arm, probably only second to Contreras in terms of pure stuff, but it takes nothing to get to him. He really needs to go to the AJ School of Cajones and learn to just tough it up. He seems like the kind of guy who when he "gets it" will take off and start winning 18-20 games a year.
  7. It was indeed Tatis in 1999 http://www.baseball-almanac.com/boxscore/04231999.shtml
  8. QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 08:24 AM) Didn't someone hit two grand slams in one inning before? Fernando Tatis in the mid 90's with the Cardinals IIRC, but I was more looking to see basically what the most RBIs was to singlehandedly bring a team back was... QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 07:08 AM) What about Crede back in 2002 against the Blue Jays? I don't remember that? What did he do??
  9. Does Texas have to offer him back to the Sox before they can trade him?
  10. Wow. I wonder if this guy will have a job this morning?
  11. To be honest, unless we have a chance at a top notch guy, with the way our pen is rounding into shape, plus having Politte coming back soon, I don't see the need to make a deal.
  12. The Oracle of Omaha is giving away $37 of his estimated $44 billion fortune to charity. How incredible! http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=100...=top_world_news
  13. Happy Birthday gang! :cheers
  14. I heard Jon Miller ask last night during telecast, but I never heard any answer... Has anyone ever hit two homers in the last two innings for that many RBIs to rally a team back single handedly?
  15. Intentional pass to Carlos Guillen.
  16. Can we just give them Montero to close games... It would be a big step up for STL.
  17. Damn Isringhausen sucks. Too bad we kicked the s*** out of STL early, so we never got to hit off of him.
  18. Well here we go... Izzy on to face Granderson, Polanco, and Thames in the 9th with Magglio lurking.
  19. The more important question is should this really count as a post since it was completely devoid of thought?
  20. Come on Cards, add to this lead
  21. WOW is right. Grilli better give extra big in the offering plate tomorrow morning...
  22. I would go with Anderson, wasn't he a bigtime football player at one point too, or was that Sweeney?
  23. Jason Grilli to pitch to Pujols??? Holy s***!
  24. How awesome is Soxtalk that we have a Cards fan and Tigers fan posting in a thread on a site that belongs to neither of them 6-4 St Louis in the top of the 8th at Comerica... It just really scares me to think that we will be depending on Jason Isringhausen to get the Sox into first place

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.