Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 08:20 AM) I did - sort of. The tone of the article was snippy and annoying so I stopped reading. But from what I read, I got the impression it was more lambasting the idea of a 3rd party than the Republicans. Maybe I should have finished it. The last two paragraphs are where it gets good... Is my personal favorite line...
  2. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 08:06 AM) I would have to disagree on two points here. First, the parties were not this far apart until recently. In fact, the American political parties (the two big ones) were far more centric than parties in countries like, say, Europe. Until recently, that is. While they are centering, we are pulling to the outsides. Interesting trend. But I don't think they've been this polarized for "decades", at least not in the broad view. Second, where and when did this turn into a Republican-bashing thread? I seriously do not see a single post that does that at all. In fact, I was surprised to see that it hadn't happened. The only off-shoot I really saw here was the electoral college bit (which has been argued on this board ad nauseum). Check out the link in post #2.
  3. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 04:46 PM) Here is a discussion question on that topic... Which would be more effective - creating a viable third party, or having the leaders of one party or the other drag the party back towards the middle? That hasn't seemed to work at all so far. There are significant portions of America who can't identify with either political party, as they have deserted the entire middle 80% of the US. If you aren't on one extreme or the other, you haven't been represented in decades anyway, so while being a valid enough reason to do away with the electoral college, evidently for some it isn't reason enough for a third political party, like we have seen many times through out our history. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 03:35 PM) A piece I enjoyed on those "create a 3rd party in the middle" suggestions. Yeah, because the "other party" did so incredibly well when it was completely in charge I should have known hope for a third party would turn into a "Republicians are the bane of all that is evil in politics" thread, I just would not have guessed it would have happened within the first post.
  4. QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:57 PM) i didn't see the game so Tracey was supposed to throw at someone and didn't? f*** him if thats the case... thats total bulls*** on his b**** ass part. Enjoy the time off. That's way too far. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:26 AM) Yes, warnings were issued. None of this even happens if Javy just pegs some f***er after AJ gets hit the first time though. Thank you. QUOTE(Drew @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:01 AM) ...and why wasn't that f***er Padilla tossed? Thanks again. QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 04:02 AM) Not in today's game. Instigation will get you suspended these days. It didn't even get Padilla thrown out of the game, hows that for today's game?
  5. QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:52 AM) definitely an attendance record this year. It won't even be close. The Sox are pretty much impossible to pass the 1991 mark of over 2.9 million people in this season.
  6. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:03 PM) Add Sean Tracey to the Pussing out club. Nah, not pussing out, not having any control. He tried twice and missed. That's good enough for me, at least it sends the message. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:31 PM) There was an even larger disparity last year. Just win. Winning is the best revenge. I didn't hear anyone complaining about how the HBPs were handled in the Cleveland series. Anyone speaking up now is being a hypocrite. Oh, did I miss a pitcher throwing a fastball on the first pitch in two consecutive ABs at the same person? When did that happen? QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:40 PM) Ozzie was really classless tonight... It was totally unfair to ask Tracy to bean him... and then take him out afterwards... if he's sent down for this i'm going to lose ALOT of respect for this organization... LOL. This was the funniest of all of the posts... QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:44 PM) I don't see anyone complaining about Joe Crede sliding spikes high into second base in the 9th inning of an 8-run game. You're right, he should have gone into second like his wife was the shortstop... QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:54 PM) I don't think people would be nearly as disappointed if not for two things: - Ozzie pulling Tracey after not hitting Blalock - Hawk's completely classless comments. I had the game on mute on a different TV most of the time, I missed Hawks crap, and I am still pissed about it. QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:58 PM) Listen: Showalter obviously dislikes the White Sox and Ozzie, and it's pretty clear that he ordered Pierzynski thrown at. You know why? Because he wanted to get under our skin. Mission f***ing accomplished. This is avoided if Ozzie doesn't throw a hissy fit like a four-year-old, or if we don't decide to start throwing at the Rangers to prove how big the team's collective dick is. And on top of that, Ozzie completely demoralizes Tracey, who could help us during the season if Politte doesn't get better. Make a point this way: Win tomorrow, take the series. Texas won't be in the playoffs, and we probably will. Let them feel content on the golf course while we're still playing in late October. Yeah, because doing nothing about it seemed to work really well for us before... Winning is the ultimate cure all, but at the sametime, taking 4 innings to even attempt to do anything took us out of the game. That was completely obvious. By not responding at all, it lingered over the game, and took us right out of it. If we respond promptly, we endup on level ground.
  7. QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:42 PM) Both teams were warned I.Don't.Care. You stand up for your guy based on principle. Let the team pick you up, after you pick up your teammate.
  8. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:39 PM) Wow, Hawk is pissed. He's going to be going on about this for weeks. And sadly, he is rightfully doing it. Padilla has just totally made us his b****. -He should have been thrown out after the 2nd beaning, he wasn't. -Ozzie should have stood up for AJ, and screamed his head off at an ump, he didn't. -Javy should have thrown at someone, he didn't. This better not turn into Minnesota and Tori Hunter 2k3.
  9. That was just embarassing. How can you go out like that? At least go down swinging. :headshake
  10. I didn't have the sound on for the ballgame... Why didn't Vazquez throw at someone? That has to be complete garbage. You don't let your guy get thrown at twice on purpose, let alone your catcher. I'm so mad I could spit right now.
  11. The race for re-election isn't looking good, so Joe is thinking of back up plans... My hope is that if he is will to run as an independant for Senate, he would be willing to do so for President and take a couple of true conservatives with him to form a 3rd MODERATE party in the US. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/14/D8I84U105.html
  12. http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/13/911.hijacker/
  13. I know we have had discussions about how corrupt, or not corrupt Vincente Fox's PAN government has been, and it is interesting to see that one of the big things they are finding out is that they use many of the same techniques that got Pat Fitzgerald interested in Ryan and Daley employees in Illinios. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...,1,409269.story
  14. Like Balta said, the NFL has been in the forefront of this stuff. They have a rigid testing program, and have done so all along. Baseball has drug its feet and fought change at every possible chance.
  15. Keep up the good work guys. Hopefully if we get these guys close enough, other teams will jump on the bandwagon to push these boys up over the top of the heap. Has anyone tried contacting some of the National League team sites to work on some alliances (for lack of a better expression)? That might be a good idea as well.
  16. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 02:48 PM) heres an article on him as well. http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../603050329/1002 looks like 312 walks in 686 innings in the minors.
  17. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:08 AM) If Russ Ortiz has any brains at all, he signs with Baltimore as soon as he's released. He definately better be sharing that contract with Mazzone QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 12:03 PM) Fixed. Yup, iirc most of the Ortiz talk here was just a big sigh of relief. Mazzone obviously hasn't done much for the O's, btw. Its still early. It takes pitchers a while to make adjustments, plus he has a whole staff of guys to try to fix there.
  18. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:31 PM) LMAO.. Jim just about pissed his pants. Tell him not to do that on the electric fence... bad things man, bad things.
  19. QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
  20. All right this is going no where, I am going to to edit this and open it again later.
  21. QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:57 AM) The bullpen has been a lot better since Cliff went down (June 5th). 21.1 IP, 13 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 19 K, 2 Wins, 4 Saves, 1.70 ERA.* *These are stats I compiled. They may not be 100% accurate, but are close. Thanks for doing the research on this. I was saying earlier that since Nelson and Politte went down, the pen has quietly been doing their jobs. The nice thing is that it has been spread around to everyone basically doing solid work out there too. I love Bmac getting used like Scot Shields for Anaheim has been for years now, and so far Montero has been solid as well.
  22. Getting back Politte at even close to what he was like last year would be just as good as what we could get on the trade market without trading away our farm system for a big named closer type guy. Politte healthy and ready to go would be a huge shot in the arm, for a pen that has quietly looked a lot better since Nelson and Politte left Chicago. I don't know if it will keep or not, but the pen seems to be a whole lot more effective over the short term with Bmac and Montero handling the set up and middle relief work from the right side.
  23. This could be interesting if both Tracey and Montero keep pitching decent. I imagine they would send down Tracey and keep him stretched out as a starter, but these guys are competing to see who stays and who gets a bus ticket to Charlotte.
  24. QUOTE(Heath @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 03:48 PM) I think that Wagner's given up on Wagner. He had a pretty poor Spring Training and he's whining himself to a 7+ ERA in AAA. Not a good way to endear yourself to the new management/FO Staff. He's got the stuff....but the 10 cent head. Sounds like a guy who needs a fresh start? Or is he just a mental case that will never get past that stuff?
  25. QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 08:17 PM) Sorry, man, if it was a blue cat I could make it green, and if it was pointing toward the scoreboard I could angle it towards home plate. That's all I can do for ya - the black and white cat/ass-in-face situation is out of my control. Forget you then, I'll just ask Zach, he has all of the answers

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.