Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:31 AM) Added Kyle McCullough as a "friend" on facebook and put this on his wall... "Congratulations Kyle! I'm a lifelong White Sox fan and I look forward to a future rotation of Buerhle, Garland, McCarthy, and YOU. Best Wishes!" Seems like a pretty cool dude. Tell him to stop by here and say hey, that way he can meet his new fans
  2. QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 11:56 PM) this is just a rumor from Murphy on 670... but he said... that BMac for eyre and Howry is a possibility... Now that's just funny I hope no one wonders why talk radio is pretty much worthless now...
  3. southsider2k5 replied to shoota's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 11:00 PM) Great point about the subjective nature of errors. I brought up the same point last season over at WSI. For your own enlightenment, you can search my posts that listed Crede's misplays that weren't recorded as errors--something I termed "unofficial errors." QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 11:12 PM) I plan on going back after my lifetime ban expires. Seriously, I'm just trying to inform another segment of Sox fans who may have been blinded to the insight I awaken in them. Ah now it all adds up. Its obvious the guy has been "stalking" Crede for a while now if he has created a whole new category to give him ammo to go after the guy. Another agenda, another stalker, :headshake
  4. I thought I saw somewhere as well that Munoz got sent down to Birmingham?
  5. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 04:54 AM) Colter is one of those conservatives that conservatives wish would just stfu. No doubt about that...
  6. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:03 AM) Good news. I am actually not sure if Kap is serious with his post - and I am equally unsure if I agree. When I saw this on the news this morning at the gym, one of the first things to come to mind was that Onion article just after 9/11. The one where the terrorists were in Hell, enduring graphically-decribed atrocities, and wondering aloud where their 70 virgins were. I pictured Zarqawi in the same place. And I'm a little embarrased to say I enjoyed it. That issue of the Onion was the best ever.
  7. We shot Zarkawi, and we shot his deputies...
  8. Jim Thomes answer :finger
  9. I am sure they make something like this in a mens cut. Try the Grandstand.
  10. Well that was a waste of a few weeks... At this point I wish we had just had Montero, Tracey, or whoever up here to take their lumps instead of wasting our time with a guy who was obviously hurt. Thanks for nothing.
  11. The news clip I heard this morning had an American official at a press confrence declaring him dead based on fingerprint info. I don't think we have ever heard anything THAT certian before, only maybes, couldbes, and almosts. This is it, Zarqawi is dead.
  12. Awesome pitching again tonight. Contreras looked tough when it mattered most, as did Montero, Cotts, and Jenks. EAT IT MAGGS!!!!
  13. QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 03:43 PM) i hope he succeeds. I do. We need him. I just caution about expecting instant success. seen too many guys come up and get in trouble because big-league hitters (other than BA) know how to contol the strike zone, take their walks and make a young guy prove he can get multiple pitches over the plate. Seen too many guys like Ginter and Rauch and DAnny Wright who struggled with good arms because of command. Maybe Tracey will be the exception. But I don't think we should expect him to fix our problems immediately. Neal Cotts was in the walk every two innings category in the minors as well... we all know how he turned out. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 05:27 PM) I just want to point out that it is highly unlikely that Tracey will pitch tonight. He went 7 strong innings on July 5th where he gave up just 2 runs (1 earned) on 4 hits (he walked 2 and k'd 4) Of course by July, Jason means June.
  14. QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 02:21 PM) Cliche. Oh, and while we're at it, lets see if this guys ERA balloons a bit more than Montero. Why not call the rest of these quote end quote prospects up... Speaking of cliche... I guess original throughts are cliche as well
  15. Congrats to you and the Mrs
  16. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:36 PM) Wait... You haven't had the full on assault on the senses that is also known as THE WIGGLES!!! I have, and it gets changed immediately. She actually likes Big, Big World way better which is on at the sametime thankfully.
  17. I gotta say I am glad to see Tracey get the call up, but I worry about his comfort level out of the pen, especially as rarely as he will be used(hopefully)
  18. QUOTE(Soxy @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 12:39 PM) Eh please, you wouldn't change any of it for the world. Well if were up to me, Bus Driver Bob's theme song would be a lot less catchy
  19. It sounds like Jason Grimsley will be looking for new work to replace his old "income"
  20. You wanna know what the worst part about having a young child is? Getting a damned theme song from one of those kids shows stuck in your head :puke
  21. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:25 AM) Scary thing? I went to High School/College with a Charles Kuntz (Chesterton, Indiana) Any relation to Mike?
  22. Interesting... I wonder if we even call up another pitcher with interleague play around the corner, or if they do go for another reliever...
  23. Interesting. I wonder if the Sox will really throw some money around at these guys to get them signed or not?
  24. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:33 AM) If the gov't would just get its claws out of marriage entirely, that would be ideal. It would fix this problem, and remove an intrusion into out lives that is just not necessary. Our personal relationships should not be regulated. Its too late for that in a way. Taxes are based on marital status. Divorces are proceded over by the courts. Adoptions are decided partially by martial status etc.
  25. QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:51 AM) Rodney's actually been much better than Zumaya this season. The Sox did just double Rodney's ERA this year, and also managed to score off of Zumaya the other time they saw him this year, FWIW.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.