Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Official Day 1 Draft Thread
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 02:14 PM) How's Ryan Rote and Nick Lemon working out? That's what I was thinking to be honest... Sticking with what you have success with works for me.
-
Official Day 1 Draft Thread
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 01:59 PM) King was a guy the Nats considered in RD 1 apparently so I think they are happy taking him there. I really like Long. On a sidenote, we will be working on landing some interviews as Heads has already gotten in contact with the top 2 picks of the Sox. Heads is uber wise. Excellent news
-
White Sox Select Texas Righty Kyle McCulloch
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 01:47 PM) I'm not sure what to think of this pick. I wish we could get a real power pitcher, but yea, those are rare. The Tigers got a STEAL. Dang. Their system is doing really well now. Well sucking and having money to spend makes it a lot easier to rebuild a farm system...
-
Terror attack expected by end of year
It also serves the purpose of being able to say "I told you so" when it finally does happen.
-
Official Day 1 Draft Thread
And it just so happens that the Sox have a few roster spots open too... Interesting pick for a #2 draft pick.
-
Official Day 1 Draft Thread
QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 12:53 PM) Anyone got a feel on the signing ability Kyle McCulloch to a quick deal? If we drafted him in the first round, we know he is signable. We learned that lesson years ago.
-
If KW trades Lumsden, would you be pissed?
Depends on who we get... If it is a middle reliever that isn't someone like Scot Shields, yes. If we get a legit CF or good pitching/hitting, it'll be OK with me.
-
Official Day 1 Draft Thread
QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 12:37 PM) All I got to say is that McCulloch has got to be pissed. Not for the White Sox as an organization, but that he has got nearly ten guys to jump to make the rotation. I'm sure that the seven figure signing bonus will southe his ego...
-
Official Day 1 Draft Thread
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 12:35 PM) Who did STL pick? n/m I found it.
-
Official Day 1 Draft Thread
Who did STL pick?
-
Here come the aliens!!!
Interesting. Although I do take it with a grain of salt when the biggest proponent of this theory, has the most to gain from it being true. I can't wait to see how the tests turn out though.
-
***Official Game Thread 666***
Score early, score often. Pitch well.
-
Soprano's Sunday...
I was definately disappointed by this "finale" There was so much potential for things, and everything was basically anti-climactic, well at least for everyone but AJ and Chrissy I was definately hoping for more, but I guess they figured they had to save it all for the last 8 shows.
-
The Trade Winds are a blowin'
And are ready for all of the rumors, BS, and ideas during the time leading up to the trading deadlines. Enjoy.
-
Trade Winds is back
Most of you all know the drill... for trade talk and speculation please keep it in the trade winds area, unless something acutally happens, then it will get moved to Pale Hose Talk... Now XBOX trade away!
-
Terror attack expected by end of year
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/05/...in1683852.shtml
-
Poorly chosen words of the year award goes too....
Wow. Is it wrong that I can't quit laughing about that?
- How evil are you
-
Former umpire Eric Gregg dies after stroke
RIP
-
We were supposed to have sympathy for these people.
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:33 AM) Yea, Nuke did only quote one source, but, there are a lot of people who are in the "welfare role" here - looking to the government to take care of them instead of taking care of themselves. It's on the news here almost nightly. I'm sure there are, and if he can come up with articles, statistics, or any other proof that it is just one race doing this, fine. Until then this gets filed with Iggy's 9-11 and the media watch as one sided, and missing vital evidence, as far as I am concerned.
-
Gay baseball players
By all accounts there are plenty of gay baseball players, just like there are in any workplace. Unlike most workplaces baseball players have an audience who likes to dissect a person's personal life, put it on display for the world to see, and then use it against a player in opposing stadiums. Add to that the perceived pressures and narrowminded boobs of your own teams and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why players don't come out while playing, if ever. If this is ever going to change it is going to take a player who is bigger than the game, talented, and popular with the fans to come out publicly, and make it easier for others to do the samething. Until then, the status quo will continue.
-
Herm
The only reason Hermanson isn't on the 60 day DL is the Sox don't need the roster spot yet. If they ever fill up the 40 man roster, he'll get moved over.
-
Miguel Tejada
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:48 AM) Back when the Tejada rumors were flying with us in the off-season, a lot of people were throwing up the suggestion of Garland + Uribe + a prospect for Miggy. The problem is now, for the moment, Garland has a no trade clause, and he'd have to waive it to go to Baltimore. That's why it'd be more likely if it was anyone, it'd probably be Garcia on the way out, since the other 3 SP's in our rotation would be very unlikely to be moved, and no way do I want to lose B-Mac. I know the no-trade clause keeps getting mentioned, but pretty much if you tell a guy he isn't wanted, he is going to want to leave. At that point, unless he is getting sent to somewhere like KC or Pittsburgh, he'll take the offer. If you get Peter Angelo to throw another option year at the guy, or guarentee an option year (I can't remember if Garland has one or not) that can usually be enough to get a guy to drop his "objections" as well. Most of the time a no-trade clause is a formality to give the player a little more power over where he goes to, or gets him a little more cash when he gets dealt to appease him.
-
Miguel Tejada
Now this is a deal if you started with Jon Garland and included guys like Broadway and Lumsen, then you might have their interest. With new competition in Washington, and an ever increasing bad mood among the season ticket holders, Baltimore needs guys who can win today, and at least with guys like Garland and Uribe the O's get some much needed pitching and another SS, plus they can fill in their farm system.
-
Zambrano to South Side?
Am I the only one who think Zambrano would be something like the second best pitcher in our rotation, and would love to have him here, well except for the fact we would have to rape and pillage our team to get him, but if money were no object, I'd love him.