Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:08 AM) Well, I've been to about 13 parks and from what I remember most of them would keep you on the concourse, especially some of the newer parks. I remember that PNC, Great American, Skydome, Petco and Yankee Stadium all do it for sure. Though Cinergy and Riverfront never did it, so it's sort of a new ballpark sort of thing I guess. I've been to Houston (2), Cleveland, Detroit(2), Texas(2), St Louis, Cincy, Milwaukee, and obviously Chicago (2) and never have seen it. I stayed at the Skydome, but never actually saw a game there. We always called that stuff hockey rules because those are the only places we have ever seen it happen. I do love the idea and I wish they would implelment it everywhere.
-
I found this website...everyone needs to see
QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:13 AM) Exactly, if you truly dislike Marriotti, ignore him. He'll disappear in due time. I personally havn't read a column of his in 5 years, this is includes the supposed good article he did on Frank Thomas last year. I refuse to give him my attention and if you don't like him, I suggest you do the same. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:52 AM) No way. Mariotti's not going anywhere, even if some people ignore him. QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:54 AM) If everyone who dislikes Marriotti simply stop paying any attention to him, he'll slip into obscurity. He banks on people hating him, if he loses that, he's screwed. Quiting buying the Sun-Times, and write them telling them why you aren't buying it. Quiting watching his shows and do the samething... If companies see their bottom line falling and have a victim to blame, you can damned well bet his ass would be out on the streets. As it is now, people read his stuff, watch his show, and talk about him on message boards, so he has a primo job. The ST doesn't care about how good he is, they care about how many papers he sells.
-
Enron verdict coming in.
Odd quirk... Sentencing is on Sept 11th.
-
LOST! finale SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED, BE WARNED!
Another question... Is the guy who we were led to believe was the leader of the Others, also the guy that was in the hatch before Desmond?
-
Enron verdict coming in.
- LOST! finale SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED, BE WARNED!
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:56 AM) - I am shocked they didn't kill Michael. At the very least I wanted to see Hurley jump on him and crush him. - I think Sayed, Jin and Sun are still at the "fake" Others camp. Talk about theatrics, there was nothing real in that camp and the hatch they had led nowhere. - I have a feeling the "blast" wasn't a blast but more of a pulse that really didn't destroy anything. I doubt they'd kill off two of the most popular characters. - Her name was Widmore and she is the daughter of Charles Widmore who is one of the head guys in the Hanso Corporation (I love this mythology they are creating) A few questions of my own... - What is up the giant four-toe "Homer Simpson" foot? - Sine the magnetic properties on the island probably screwed up his compass and hindered Desmonds escape (thus thinkling humanity was gone)...What is heading 325? And why is Fake-Henry sure there is a rescue wating for Michael and Walt. - Was Elizabeth really Libby or a twin? - Didn't the final guy in the artic station with the glasses look like Jack?!? Hmmmm and check this out...cool http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page Perhaps we should add a "SPOILER WARNING" to this thread? I just read this in todays Trib... I didn't get the last part- Once again, if you have not watched there are spoilers included!!!! http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...,1,802486.story QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:07 AM) So... is it worth it to go rent these? I have (finally) started catching up on 24. I love that show, too. YES!!! definately. This is an excellent series. It rivals the Soprano's IMO, and really tops it only because you get new episodes on a regular basis.- LOST! finale SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED, BE WARNED!
QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:49 AM) Sounds good...I'm going to give it a shot. You won't be disappointed. I started in season two by watching season one on DVD and it is even more addicting that way as you don't have to wait a week for a new episode.- Ozzie: Mack going to start more games in CF
QUOTE(fathom @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:43 AM) Without Mackowiak in the starting lineup last night, we don't win the game. And Dye's just as much to blame on the dropped fly ball as Mackowiak is. Also....anyone who thinks that Anderson would have gotten a hit off of Haren last night is nuts. Righties only had 1 hit last night against A's pitching. Mack got one and gave them one... By my count that makes the score 2-1, no?- LOST! finale SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED, BE WARNED!
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:32 AM) I love this show!! Last night was heart-pounding and jaw-dropping! This show has got me hook, line and sinker and I bow to my master! BTW, I love the criticisms some people have about the show last night i.e. They didn't answer everything, I still don't know all about those people..etc. NO s***!! If they answered "Everything", the show would be over. WINNER! They gave you just enough answers to keep you interested, while leaving just enough questions to keep you addicted. Some thoughts... -I thought for sure Hurley or Sawyer was going to cap Michael when he found out about Libby/Ana Lucia. -I want to know what happened to Sayed, Jin, and Sun. -I can't wait to see if Mr Echo and Locke survived the blast. I loved Locke admitting "I was wrong" as the place was going nuts. -Who is Mrs Witlock and have we seen her before? -Was the electroamagnitism what caused people to get healthy quick, and if so will Locke (if he is alive) and the other woman stay "healthy"? QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:42 AM) Um...why weren't you watching the Sox? I think I'm going to buy Season 1 and try and get into this show...everyone says great things. Hopefully Season 2 will be out on DVD before Season 3 starts. I was. I had the little TV on the Sox game on mute. Too much TV going on with that, Lost, and Idol My poor remote control.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:29 AM) And I was watching you Johnny Cakes... Sometimes you tell a lie so long, you don't know what the truth is...- which team will have more wins by seasons end?
Unfortunately it will be the Cubs... easily.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:02 AM) Well, seeing how most stadiums I have been to keep you on the concourse until a stoppage in play, I'd say you're dead wrong on this one. Most? Really? I have been to about a dozen MLB parks (granted some were multiples for the same teams), and I haven't seen one that does that yet.- Enron verdict coming in.
Burn baby, burn.- Baseball America Mock Draft
QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 24, 2006 -> 09:11 PM) http://www.pickaforum.com/i/index.php?mfor...se&showtopic=18 Our stalker is back at it. I like how you busted them out in public- LOST! finale SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED, BE WARNED!
Anyone else watch this show??? The finale was incredible and finally started to give more backround info on the last two seasons along with lots of the side characters. I can't wait until the next season, I am so addicted to this show.- My Mother
- Suspensions Coming Down Friday
How the f*** do you suspend someone for getting punched?- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(Steff @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:32 AM) I don't know if you heard her but when Jim was playing "glue" with her (which consists of him holding on to her arm, hand, or whatever, and not letting go) she said "uncle Jim... don't you see the baseball game?" I was watching the game, duh- 18% of MLB Voters Polled Vote to Bean AJ
QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ May 24, 2006 -> 09:31 PM) according to the times blurb on this some sox players voted for aj as a joke, they also speculated others did as well. That's awesome. I love this team.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(Steff @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:21 AM) Monday night I went to get Destiny who was sitting behind the plate with my sister.. when I brought her over to our section and were waiting for the 3rd out.. some ass walks in front of us and she says "hey... game going on!". He didn't hear her. Turns out he was sitting in the 5th row on the end so when we walk down she spots him and is sure to tell him... "you're not supposed to walk when the game is going on". She's 5.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
We don't get to use these often enough, especially when it comes to the West Coast teams- Message to the Posters
Great sentiment Alex, and it can't be said enough.- Happy Birthday Soxy and Jim Spencer!
Happy Birthday Soxy, you should be getting your Noam in a bow soon! Happy Birthday Jim- ACLU gets prayer banned at a HS graduation ceremony.......
Big picture here is the thing I don't get... 100 kids decide to get together and pray at a public school graduation and that equals government endorsement of religion. Whereas schools, federal, state and local governments get together, give classes, materials, videos, babysitting, and birth control out and they aren't endorsing teenage and/or premartial sex.- Has anyone ever eaten at Hot Dougs
Boy does the title of this thread sound like the beginning of a bad joke or bad night of drinking... - LOST! finale SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED, BE WARNED!