southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Duke Lacrosse Rape Allegation
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 03:42 PM) I was making an opinionated statement, and you didnt attack that, you attack the case and the evidence, so nice try on the whole 2nd half of your post. I have isolated your point of view above. If they were both white, would you still be upset? And yes they could commit a crime against a stripper, black or white. Of course in this case since they didnt, your "couldas" dont really bear fruit. Fact is, this broad's statements are being torn apart by scientific evidence, statements, and pictures. What else do you need to convince you? What reason would she have to lie about this crime taking place? My opinion is money. She is so desperate for it, that she has resorted to a lifestlyle of selling her body. IMO, I wouldnt put this past her either. By the same logic, why wouldn't a bunch of rich white kids with tons of money, a great education, and bored with their lives wouldn't be able to cook up a scheme where they rape a hooker, and use their smarts to commit the perfect crime. Hell everyone watches Law and Order these days, and knows about covering up DNA evidence. If these kids are in Duke they are incredibly smart right? How much research would it take to find a vulnerable minority girl with questionable values and backround to victimize, and a method/information to pull it off? I'll bet I could do a Google search right now, and find out how to commit the perfect rape, while leaving zero DNA. The fact that the procecuter said 75-80% of sexual assault cases procede without DNA evidence points directly to how easy and common that it is. If you want to throw out a wild hypothetical, why couldn't that be the scenario? In your obsession over girls with nothing better to do than scam money and frame rich athletes, you miss the completely obvious answer of why a girl would accuse these guys of something like this if it does indeed end up not being true. The answer is to cover up the regret of having a questionable night of sex with multiple men, and the stigma that goes with that. That is by far the most common reason women make up sexual assult allegations, and that is to cover up the second thoughts they had about what they just did.
-
American Idol Predictions
I am just going to steal QPs post, and add my comments. •Ace Young, We Will Rock YouTerrible! No emotion at all for a rock ANTHEM. You don't sing this song, you practically scream it. Too cutesy for the song. •Bucky Covington, Fat Bottomed Girls: Another of a few who don't get you don't sing the lyrics for Queen. I noticed many times that I thought back to the way Freddy Mercury could put emphasis on many words in a lyric, instead of just singing the whole lyric in one tone. This may be the end for Bucky. •Chris Daughtry, Innuendo zzzzz boring. Same sounding song, again. Also very safe, no range, no originality. I wonder who he ripped it off from? •Elliott Yamin, Somebody to Love Again, not in the league of the song. He was within too small of a range, for a song with a HUGE range. Again, very boring. •Katharine McPhee, Who Wants to Live ForeverStood out like a sore thumb wearing red. The preformance was very forgettable. •Kellie Pickler, Bohemian Rhapsody2nd best preformance of the week. Great range, good show. I just wish someone would shut her up... please? •Paris Bennett, The Show Must Go On A surprisingly good week for Paris. She did get the idea that every word of a Queen song has meaning. Plus a great stage presence to give the song the right feeling. •Taylor Hicks, Crazy Little Thing Called Love Preformance of the week. Really got the vocal range going, the showmanship going, and really understood that each word of the lyrics meant something, instead of just singing the lyrics Predicted Bottom 3-Bucky, Elliot, and Katharine... Bucky goes home. For my money, the bottom should be Elliot, Ace, and Katharine with Ace going home.
-
Duke Lacrosse Rape Allegation
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 02:46 PM) Get off your f***ing soapbox. The "All white" attackers were not linked to her via DNA evidence. There is no evidence of her even being in the bathroom that she claimed was the scene of the crime. There was no evidence of any sex taken place recently, including latex, lubrication or DNA samples. They swabbed every inch of her body looking for anything that would point to her involvement with these kids, and there was nothing. She somehow returned to the part even though she was so "offended." She also has a criminal record to stand by. But you are right the defense should have said "well I guess we are screwed" instead of shooting numbers offhand. Not only this evidence contradicting her story, but there were pictures released of her at the party, before the alleged crime was committed, where she was already bruised and impaired when she arrived, and the pictures show a smiling dancer, which is a far cry from one that was "scared." Dont you think that a woman, who is desperate enough for money that she sells her body, may want a little settle out of court money? If you want to pick an underdog to root for, this is not a good target. OH right, I forgot, rich white kids would never commit a crime against a black stripper. I'll tell you what, I'll get off of my "f***ing soapbox", if you can actually handle not making slanderous allegations again people with zero evidence. You can declare the players innocent based on all of this evidence and are flipping out that people can't see your point of view, yet with zero actual evidence, you want to turn this into a conspiracy to extort some college kids. Do you even see the inherent hypocrisy in your own rational? Its a joke. You deserve to get soapboxed as long as you want to be a complete hypocrate on this subject. Its one thing to declare these kids innocent based on the evidence, that I could accept, and haven't even argued with. Its quite another to turn this in to some crazy Bilderberg, trilateralist movement to bankrupt some Duke alumni.
-
I didn't see the game yesterday but a win is great
QUOTE(White Sox Fan For Life @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 03:12 PM) Ha! I WIN FLAWLESS VICTORY! I DID NOT GO TO ANY OF THE TAILGATING PARTIES LAST YEAR! THAT WAS MY OTHER SISTER! That's OK, she was much better looking anyway.
-
I didn't see the game yesterday but a win is great
QUOTE(White Sox Fan For Life @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 03:09 PM) When? And What Game? It was last year, to be honest I can't remember what game it was.
-
I didn't see the game yesterday but a win is great
QUOTE(White Sox Fan For Life @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 03:02 PM) You didn't see me? I did, appearently no one else did
-
I didn't see the game yesterday but a win is great
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 02:49 PM) she'll have to come to the core of the core to prove it. her and her bro have been to tailgates... you just missed it.
-
Duke Lacrosse Rape Allegation
The case is still moving forward according to the DA. This was interesting... I guess that means 75-80% of cases involved women looking to make a buck...
-
Duke Lacrosse Rape Allegation
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 11:41 AM) Well, considering the fact that there is no evidence of any of these kids raping her. Thats my conslusion. These kids go to Duke, they arent from poor families. With all due respect, that might be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. The DA seems to have some kind of evidence as he is planning to procede with the case, so it doesn't sound like there is "no evidence" to me. Quite the contrary if they feel they can take a case to the grand jury, even lacking the magic bullet of DNA proof, they must have something pretty impressive to go on.
-
It would be different if it was Mexico
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:34 AM) SS2k5, as concerned about national security as you seem to be based on other posts, the irrelevant snark you posted in response to Tex seems out of character. The last line of the initial post brought about the stupid email. The whole point was to show the aburdity of showing half of the story. Of course Canada gets treated differently when it comes to immigration, there aren't 11-12 million Canadians here illegally, and with all of the consequenses that brings about. But we have been down the road of why there are different immigration laws for different countries before, and that got no where, so I figured I would go with the humor route. I guess that didn't work either, which quickly reminded me why I have been avoiding here in general... One of these days, I'll just keep walking...
-
Duke Lacrosse Rape Allegation
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:53 AM) Alot of stories and examples of guilty people getting off as innocent in this page of the thread, but not many stories of women faking rape to gain access to easy money like this case was. Framing a bunch of college kids for money? THATs what you think this is about???? Wow. I thought I had heard it all.
-
Soprano's Sunday...
Those pics are awesome! "Its a joke!" LMAO Plus the comments he keeps making to Finn... Wow.
-
It would be different if it was Mexico
I'm just saying if we are throwing out rhetoric, I got that email this morning.
-
Mike Sweeney
FWIW- The highlight of Sundays game was Bobby Jenks dusting off Sweeney in the bottom of the 9th inning at about 97 mph. It should have been done a long time ago.
-
It would be different if it was Mexico
Well since we are stirring the pot...
-
I didn't see the game yesterday but a win is great
QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 08:46 AM) Yea.. because knowing the schedule makes us all such pampas asses. :rolly Oh wow. I have to walk away from the keyboard right now
-
Calipari to NC State...
Wow, basically Calipari chose NC State over Indiana.... how sad is that?
-
AAP: Brandon Allen
Brandon has also been ranked as the number 20 prospect in the Chicago White Sox minor league system by our sister site Futuresox.com http://www.futuresox.com/frontpage/modules...article&sid=264
-
AAP: Brandon Allen
Brandon Allen is a 6'2 235 pound left handed power project drafted in the 5th round in 2004 for the White Sox. Brandon was sited by Baseball America in 2004 as being the Sox biggest raw power prospect in their draft that year. Allen's debut in pro ball was a little rough, as an 18 year old straight out of high school he was sent to the half season advanced rookie ball team at Bristol were he only hit .205 with 3 homers and 23 driven in. In 58 games he drew 16 walks and struck out 60 times, while playing mostly 1B and a little OF. 2005 was much better for Allen as he appeared in 66 games for the Great Falls White Sox, where he led the half season Pioneer League with 11 homers and finished second with 42 RBI. He finished by hitting .264 for the season, including a .366 OBP courtesty of his 32 walks, along with a .472 SLG, and a .838 OPS overall. Outlook-Brandon Allen qualifies as the highest ceiling power prospect that the White Sox have in the minor leagues today. Allen is at best a few years away from the majors, especially with Jim Thome signed for 3 more years, and Paul Konerko for 5 at DH and 1B respectively. Allen did play OF some in the minors and in HS which might hasten his approach to the majors, but he definately is behind some key guys even in the outfield, such as Ryan Sweeney and Jerry Owens. Allen is raw, but with the big jump he made from his first season of pro ball to his second, he may well be worth waiting for, looking at an ETA of late 2008 to 2009.
-
Top Breakout Minor League Candidates
I think Brandon Allen is going to become much better known after this year.
-
Soprano's Sunday...
Slow episode this week... I keep waiting for some big stuff to happen, they keep setting up possibilities, but nothing is really happening yet. Especially with the middle eastern dudes approaching Chris about Tec9's, that has big problems written all over it. My favorite scene was Vito getting busted in the gay bar picking up that dude, and running into a couple of the crew doing some collections. Fun stuff. It will be interesting to see if he killed himself or not.
-
Films
FYI... Snakes on a Plane has a write up in the Trib today.
-
Horrible News
I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is nothing worse than the death of a child.
-
American Idol Predictions
The one I can remember is Ace singing "Somebody to Love". Its got his little falsetto, so he can keep his streak alive.
-
Duke Lacrosse Rape Allegation
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 05:37 PM) http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2404002 So tell me now, is this kid a sick son of a b****? Or a foul mouthed kid who said the wrong thing at the wrong time? The wrong thing at the wrong time? The kid talks about skinning hookers? When exactly is the right time for that? I mean gosh do you have some hilarious Jews in the ovens jokes too? Yes he is a sick son of a b****.