Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Bulls Sacremento thread...
I just wanted to start this thread with only the purpose of saying WTF are the Kings wearing? It looks like they got the color from my toilet after a night of binging on white castle and beer. :headshake
-
Reifert is back.
NO doubt. You can be awesome at your job in PR, but speaking in front of large groups of people is completely different. Imagine yourself up on stage in front of a couple hundred people or so and tell me how exciting you would be?
-
2006 Soxtalk Fantasy Baseball
QUOTE(vandy125 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 05:08 PM) I'm like Timo, waiting for a league to play in. Seriously though. Thanks Zoom for setting all of this up! It sounds like a good amount of work! Trust me, its tons of work. Definate props for all of Zooms work
-
2006 Soxtalk Baseball League #1
Good deal. Looks like all we need now are Steve9347 and Mathew to finish things off.
-
Hackett forced out
In a nutshell this is exactly what is wrong with American politics. There is no choice by the voters anymore, at all, in either party. We don't even get to choose canditates early in the process, because we have the parties filtering out canditates behind the scenes. And they can control all of these things because they control the purse strings through our discriminatory campaign finance laws. The party has all of the money because of the hard caps regarding what you can give directly to a canditate so they control what we hear about canditates almost completely. We have zero choice. You might as well have the politburo putting together the party slate, because right now the only difference between us and the communist states of prior days is that there are basically two politburos who have to fight it out, instead of just one. This system is a complete joke and needs to be completely blown up and replaced with something where all canditates stand on equal ground. Dollar vote does not equal free speech. Free speech equals free speech.
-
white sox tickets
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 03:55 PM) Lower the damn prices of pizza too, gosh. Don't even get me started on the non-Shiner Boch factor at USCF
-
Buy Single Game Tickets Early
Stupid question... Did you have to sign up again, for this offer, or if you were already registered, are you getting the email for the early ticket sale?
-
Dow>11k:Crude<$59
One more thing that everyone will like is that unleaded hit its lowest mark on the futures market since May of 05. http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/14/markets/oi...dex.htm?cnn=yes
-
Sox Claim Rusty Tucker off waivers
Does anyone have a scouting report? His post surgery numbers aren't impressive, but that could be left over from his injury recovery too.
-
white sox tickets
QUOTE(Allsox @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 02:54 PM) I should have stated why I mentioned the White Sox can't please all White Sox fans so I'll try to do that now. After hearing all the crap in Oct about the availability of playoff tix(Which was caused by the shrinking of the Upper Deck by 6000+ seats, which was brought on by fans griping), I really have no patience towards peoples' criticism of Comiskey or of the club's ticketing policy considering how much the organization has put into the park over the last 4 years and of how hard the marketing staff (Particularly Brooks Boyer) has worked to make the club more fan friendly. All I keep reading now, even after the Team has just won the friggin' World Series, is why can't they make all the seats green, why aren't there more lower deck seats for games, why aren't there more seats for Opening Night, the Upper Deck still sucks (Which it doesn't and never did till the row chop in which you now have obstructed views with the poles and less tickets for fans). It's like, what else do the Sox hafta to do to please? :banghead 75,000 unobstructed view, front row, lower deck seats that are always sold out, green of course, with 16 new sets of bathrooms included so that there aren't any lines. Oh yeah, and half price nights, every night. Plus they need to go 173-0... at least.
-
Dow>11k:Crude<$59
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060214/wall_street.html?.v=13 Two very positive numbers in markets that have really been going sideways for a while now.
-
Cheney shoots Quail Hunter
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 02:13 PM) Well it seemed minor to most of the talk show hosts, I didn't notice any politicians making jokes. But right from the start the Republicans around here started hoping for boorish behavior from liberals, that is sad. Where is Mercy! when you need him?
-
Those 3 words
QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 02:12 PM) Every day, many times. Wife and daughter both. ^^ Me too.
-
Cheney shoots Quail Hunter
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 02:05 PM) at least they are calling it minor. I can't believe Doctors missed some shot in his heart, I'd have thought x-rays would have picked that up pretty easily. they said in the article it migrated. it probably got caught in the bloodstream eventually flowed to, and lodged in, the heart causing the attack if I am understanding it right.
- Those 3 words
-
2006 Soxtalk Baseball League #1
Southsider2k5 Knightni Sox1422 DBAH0 TheBones Whitesoxin' Mathew BigRed3535 Goldmember RockRaines Kalapse Steve9347 Are the members of League One for 2006. So far I have signed up Me Bigred Mathew Sox1422 DBaho Knight Goldy To everyone else, get it together!!!
-
Folks with kids...
QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 12:39 PM) And that aint even the tip of the iceburg.. :headshake Over time we've just come to look past her when she talks. But this one.. oye... I, who shocks rarely, was shocked... My sister and I have decided to get her diapers. Her? Or the baby?
-
Folks with kids...
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:47 AM) She needs to eat a lot of sugar or something before-hand. That way the baby will move around a lot instead of just sleeping like the last one. We had our cat incident last night. She was sitting there watching tv, and Cassie walked up to her to lay down on her lap, and got all pissed off when the baby moved around, because the cat couldn't settle down. It was funny. LMAO. That sounds like the kitten laying on Ang's stomach while she was pregnant. The cat was purring right above the baby, so the baby started to move around and kick, so what do the cat do? Attack where the baby was kicking from. (the cat is front declawed, so no one was harmed) it was pretty damned funny.
-
Folks with kids...
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:42 AM) My wife will end up having several small showers, and I don't think that's wrong - one at her parents - that way her parents friends who can't travel as far will be able to 'participate', the girls at work want to have one for her, and then we're having one in Dallas where most people will attend. But we wouldn't dream of having one for the next baby. That's crazy. I don't think the problem is with having multiple showers for the same kid, its with having them for multiple kids... BTW, if I don't catch you guys, good luck on Friday!
-
Folks with kids...
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:37 AM) Someday, they will come up with a way to say that and not make me feel ill. I dont have any problems with it, relatives have had the procedure, but just the thought of it makes me uneasy. there just isnt an easy or nice way to say "vasectomy" Nope, and that's why I don't even waste my keyboard trying to sugarcoat it.
-
white sox tickets
We now have sold out the lower deck almost completely for lower deck tickets, in just the season ticket base. Get used to the upper deck guys.
-
Folks with kids...
QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:29 AM) It's 2006... if you can't afford a 3rd child.. take measures not to have one... JMO. I personally agree 100%, but not everyone thinks like that unfortunately. I know we are having the talk about getting one of us fixed right now.
-
Folks with kids...
Its more common nowadays than it ever has been, but still isn't looked at too highly as I understand it. To be honest the way I had it explained to me, the poorer you are, the less down it is looked upon. It used to be this never happened, but those kind of old traditions are slowly fading away. I know its expensive to raise a baby, and I could understand this in some cases...
-
It's Safe To Come Out Now
Lets just say multiple personal attacks and warnings to stop. I guess the pressure of being 14 on a board with intellegent people was too much for him to handle.
-
Need last minute Vday dinner reservations?
QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 10:39 AM) "flare" being the proper spelling in this case, rather than "flair".