Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
I almost got hit by a car on my way to
Join the club... I usually just about get ran over about once a day walking around downtown Chicago... Mostly it is either the buses or the cabs that do it, after all traffic laws don't apply to them.
-
Did you get your tickets in the mail?
I used ticketsnow.
-
Presale
QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 11:26 AM) i smell tailgate. Hopefully there will be a lot of that this year.
-
Presale
Game two is sold out... I got two sets of two seats in 510 for it.
-
Heart of the Order
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:43 AM) Josh, is that you? Don't mind me... [pours gasoline on fire]
-
US security role shifting...
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/20...4-us-role_x.htm
-
325,000 names in terror suspects database
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11355793/
-
Heart of the Order
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:18 AM) I think his good reason to think that is because the 16-1 tear we went on with Dye in the 3-hole. Kyle Orton went 10-3 as a starter...
-
WTC movie poster
Damn you for making me work
-
Alright.. enough of this shit.
Just curious, because I sure haven't seen it in any of the articles, but why are they targeting American interests? I still haven't seen where a major American media outlet has shown the comics yet. Shouldn't they be burning down and attacking the French, Danish, German, Eygptian etc... interests???
-
Gold digger Parody..
QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 09:40 AM) Oh my.. I didn't realize the borderline porn on there. Apologize mods. Feel free to remove that link if you need to. I can't pull it up at work, so I put a warning in there... if it is bad enough it needs to come down completely, could someone let me know please? Thanks.
-
Gold digger Parody..
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 09:27 AM) Forget that clip! Look at all the sexy singles in my area!! Oooh this one has potential... *Pair of Plushies not afraid to experiment
-
Former NYT omsbudman speaks
http://www.mediagiraffe.org/artman/publish/article_438.shtml The interview is interesting. He talks a lot about blogs destoying print media, and the general decline of media and reporting. But there was one quote I had to laugh at.
-
For GOP only
This is pretty cute, but the reporters question makes it worth posting alone. http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/fe...ml?id=110007970
-
Willie's new jam
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/1...s.ap/index.html
-
Cheney shoots Quail Hunter
QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 08:32 AM) You make it sound like these types of accidents occur all the time. Here's a snippet from a mediainfo article: Doug Pike, an outdoors reporter at the Houston Chronicle who, like many such writers has been drafted to work the story, reports that the accident is rare. He said his reporting since Sunday found that Texas had only 2.7 hunting accidents per 100,000 hunting licenses sold in 2005. "That is the lowest since 1966 when they started keeping records," he said. "It is uncommon." http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/articl...t_id=1001995914 BTW: Odds of being struck by lightning: 576,000 to 1 So what you are saying is that you have about 18 times the chance of having a hunting accident as you do for getting hit by lightning? You are also factoring in accidents that are reported. How many people do you think report this kind of thing, especially if they are in a situation where they might not have been up to date on their stamps, poaching, etc? I think this is an area that would be way underreported, common or not.
-
Lollapalooza '06
Great, just what I needed... another reason for drunken muggle suburbanite hoosiers to be on the south shore train. Oh well, it makes for solid blog material I suppose.
-
work with any of these people?
All except for the boss part, this is me. I love my job because I can get away with stuff like this.
-
Bulls Sacremento thread...
QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:26 PM) The Bulls have mastered the art of blowing games they should've won. Up 5 with 1:30 to go and can't finish them. This game was lost when Tyson fouled out. Which by the way was a completely bulls*** call. Tyson was perfectly still on that screen, but because Bibby wasn't paying attention and flopped, they called the offensive foul. Then again if the Bulls do better than the middle fifty percents from the free throw line, Tyson's "foul" doesn't matter.
-
Delgado almost a White Sox instead of Thome?
QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 09:06 PM) Yep, I'm surprised that KW would consider obtaining him again after that happened. But it was Delgado's right to decline a trade. It is his right... but it is also my right to tell a guy who doesn't want to play for a team, that we sure as hell don't want a guy who doesn't want to be here. Enjoy the Mets, dickhead.
-
Delgado almost a White Sox instead of Thome?
f*** Delgado anyway. They had a deal worked out for him in 2004 and he turned it down.
-
Heart of the Order
QUOTE(TLAK @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 08:53 PM) Traditionally you put your best OBP at 3. Jim Thome ------.408 Paul Konerko---.349 Jermaine Dye---.334 Exactly. You have got to get the guys on base for your RBI guys to drive them in. It doesn't make sense otherwise.
-
Sox Claim Rusty Tucker off waivers
Hmm sounds like the Padres were trying to slip him through hoping that no one would notice.
-
Bulls Sacremento thread...
I just wanted to start this thread with only the purpose of saying WTF are the Kings wearing? It looks like they got the color from my toilet after a night of binging on white castle and beer. :headshake
-
Reifert is back.
NO doubt. You can be awesome at your job in PR, but speaking in front of large groups of people is completely different. Imagine yourself up on stage in front of a couple hundred people or so and tell me how exciting you would be?