Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 12:35 PM) If Alford did somehow get the job, recruiting might take a hit. Not necessarily his strong point.... I'm going to argue with you there. Steve Alford is a solid recruiter. He got guys into SW Mizzou and Manchester that had no business stooping that low. He hasn't done bad at a place like Iowa either, which isn't exactly a prime destination. I think he would be a huge recruiter at Indiana, but it is more his in-game coaching is what I would worry about. I know first hand that recruiting and motivation were always his two biggest talents.
  2. I wonder if Majerus's health issues are rectified? If so I would have to say he would be my #1 choice for the job. The guy has won everywhere he has been, and even turned somewhere like Utah into a place to go for NCAA hoops. Can you imagine what he could do in a place that almost recruits for itself?
  3. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 10:32 AM) I would kill all of you. :headshake
  4. QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 11:45 AM) Take it easy, there. Yeah, consider this a warning. name calling is not permitted and will be met with a suspension next time.
  5. QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 11:39 AM) You gotta think he is going to want to keep the ship steady until he (individually) has a little more market confidence. Not that the market doesn't trust him, but I'm sure he doesn't want to be rocking the boat shortly after the transition. I honestly believe that the only reason he is going to raise rates is because it sounded like Greenspan was going to stop the increases, just to show his "independence". To be honest I don't think it isn't even that he wants to be different, but I think that Bush went out and found the guy closest to Greenspan that he could, and we really aren't going to see much difference in the long run. I think the one big thing could be that Bernanke might not get the media darling treatment that Greenspan did, even during downturns.
  6. No big surprises so far. Basically he has just repeated everything that Alan Greenspan has said.
  7. QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 08:43 AM) Dave Wilder I really think this guy is the cats pajamas and will force Kenny into an Executive role with the team and become the GM. As JR gets up there in years, there needs to be a new Chariman of the Board. A sustained run could open this for KW????? Its a good thought, but I think KW has no intention of stepping down anytime in the near future, especially with his kids being older and leaving for college now anyway. I think Dave Wilder will be long gone by the time Kenny is ready to move upstairs.
  8. And we wonder why there is an epidemic of bullemics and anorexia in this country. :headshake I wonder if Ruben Studdard got told to drop weight too?
  9. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 09:45 AM) I dislike Hilary pretty intensely, and I can't see voting for her for Prez (unless the GOP alternative is Tom DeLay). But you need to get with reality, my friend. Hilary is not nearly as far left as some of the others you will see in the Dem primaries in '08. On a handful of issues she is pretty far left, but on the whole, she is closer to center than quite a few in her party. I would second that. Hillary is as far left as her polls tell her to be. There are real honest to goodness liberals in the democrats who actually believe what they say and mean to fight for it, even if it isn't the most popular guy. I have a lot more respect for the Howard Deans of the party, just for that reason. And don't kid yourself, with as far to the right as the White House has been, this is the perfect opportunity for a REAL left wing canditate to emerge from the pack as an alternative.
  10. Where did they hide ANY information. Its s*** like that, that pisses me off about this board. NO ONE HID ANYTHING. There has been zero proof of that. Not dialing up Peter Jennings on your cell phone after you just pumped a round of birdshot into someones face, doesn't mean you are "hiding" something. -They contacted the proper authorities -The victim was taken to the hospital -The victims family was contacted. -The White House TOLD the family to contact the press about the situation. -The White House held a press confrence the next day about the situation. The whole basis for a cover is that a specific group of the press wasn't contacted. The rest of the conspiracy is just inflamatory bulls*** because the White House press corps got their feelings hurt because they weren't first. There is no doubt this is a legitimate story, for no other reason than for the people involved. If this was two guys hunting in Wisconson during Deer Season, it would be a local story MAYBE. Because it involves the VP, it IS front page news. What there is zero evidence of is some great right wing conspiracy to bury something. If they were REALLY trying to hide something, do you think they would have let the guy live? Do you really think they would have let the VP take the fall? If it was some grand conspiracy, why would they have left so many holes and witnesses out there? Why would they have contacted the authorities so quickly? Why would they have told the family to contact the media? Wouldn't they have wanted complete silence? I mean if you are going to hide something, why would it be something so little in political capital?
  11. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 09:26 AM) Well they acted like they had something to hide. Yeah I know when I have something to hide I call the police to the scene of the crime.
  12. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 09:23 AM) See NUKE's response above which reads: This should be a non-story no matter who happens to be in office. And if you are basing your wide ranging generalized responses off of what Nuke has to say, I'd say you need to do more research.
  13. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 09:19 AM) I disagree. Shooting someone in the face will always be a big story for a politician or celebrity. And this incident was handled poorly. We cannot say with 100% certainty that it was just a mistake. Who knows, although unlikely, maybe Cheney did it on purpose or he was wasted, etc. So you just can't dimiss this as a non-event and immediately chalk it up as an accident. I see, guilty until proven innocent.
  14. http://blog.radioleft.com/blog/_archives/2...14/1760958.html I came across this today. I completely disagree with lots of her stances, but it was facinating to see her say exactly almost what I said dispite our views.
  15. http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...EWS01/602160495 Hands off b****es ITS ALL MINE!!!!
  16. Good lord. I guess we have gotten down to the Jr High level of reporting where we spread little rumors about the girl we don't like so her boyfriend will dump her... :rolly:
  17. Where are the "who gives a s*** responses?" They reported this to the proper authorities, made sure the guy got treatment, and made sure the people who were obligated to know, knew. The VP has been full cooperational with the police investigating this event. Now if you have proof of an actual allegation of wrong doing that is one thing. The only legitimate one I have heard so far had to do with the state of Cheney's hunting licence, and low and behold that was taken care of as well. I just think it is ironic that "certian people" are throwing rocks while living in glass houses... as usual.
  18. QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:35 AM) I can't believe you guys still can't see why Ozzie made the in games moves he did during the season. He kept his subs sharp and his regulars rested. He also showed in the post season that he can change when circumstances do. He kept running his regulars out there with a 'win today' mentality, which so many of you think he should have game in, game out throughout the course of a 162 game season. He shouldn't, and I for one am very happy he doesn't. Of course, I preached this all throughout the season last year, but I thought a WS championship would have convinced most of you doubters. I should have known better. There are plenty of people who can't see past the next pitch to understand that sometimes a loss can be beneficial down the road. Many other people have been preaching about Ozzies "Not for today, but for October" managing style since he got here. I'll say this again for everyone who spazzes out over every detail in a game... IT.DOESN'T.MATTER. Ozzie is looking at a game, a pitch, an AB today as an insight to what he can use and do in the playoffs/pressure games. How would Ozzie have known that Neal Cotts was his best set up man last year, if he had never tested him out in the roll early in the season, and instead stuck with the Jerry Manuel style of pigeonholing pitchers into specific rolls and innings? He wouldn't have. Its not a 100% science and sometimes guys aren't cut out for what he needs, and yes, it costs us a game in July. But if you will notice, in September and October, Ozzie always had the perfect move up his sleeve. That isn't a coincidence. That came because Ozzie knew his players and their abilities better than any other manager in baseball, because he had already tested them. Now I know that as soon as the season starts we'll have the usual suspects freaking out over everything, and that I am probably wasting my keyboard with this post, but maybe... just maybe, it will click for someone, and they can actually enjoy the games a little more, instead of losing sleep because Ozzie used Cliff Politte in a situation instead of Bobby Jenks.
  19. QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 08:44 PM) Does that include not telling the press that you shot someone in the face until 18 hours after the event? And then not accepting blame for the event until today? Could you please point out where in the Texas hunting code it saids that you have to report hunting accidents to the press, and how long is proper to wait for a news confrence afterwards?
  20. Happy Birthday Dude
  21. Cheney accepts blame
  22. Just curious, but do you all still have the orginal email adress you registered under?
  23. QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 02:35 PM) I think he means season tickets, Mike. and HEY, when can we expect the change to SS2K6? ...are you on some other calendar, like the Chinese? When's the SS New Year??? With the way 2005 went, the 2k5 might be here for a while. It was either that or retire the Southsider name, and i couldn't think of a good replacement.
  24. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 02:33 PM) If the only place you can find this is on Insight or WorldNetDaily, I'm not buying it. Wait sources matter now? But I read it on a blog, doesn't that count? Supposedly ABC is going to run lots of this on Nightline.
  25. More breaking news on this... Saddam himself caught on tape. http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page...T20060215c.html

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.