Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Suicide Attack on Saudi Oil Facility stopped
I have never understood why energy facilities aren't the #1 target of Al Qaeda. If they really want to screw up the entire US, take away their energy supplies. I guarentee it will have more of an impact on the day to day lives of America than just 2874 people did. It sounds horribly callus, I know, but it would be the most effective means of shutting down the US economy and causing real chaos nationwide.
-
For GOP only
- For Dems only.
QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:34 PM) If it's best to split the country, fine, just chop it up. There's no reason there has to be a civil war to accomplish that. Turkey would f'n flip if there were any attempt to create a Kurdish nation, though. If its not within their borders, and seeing as they refused to let the US use their land to carry out the invasion from the north, I don't see where they really have much of a say.- Annual mess with Cub fans day at my work II
QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 11:38 AM) Security Geek fun at my work. One of my responsiblities at work is to control the content filters and general internet access. I basically police our people so they dont surf porn and stuff. Well last year I watched as hundreds of people at one of our chicago locations started trying to hit the internet all at the same time. They were all lined up in the virtual waiting room to get tickets. I of course was trying to get the Sox series tickets and figured if I picked off some of my competition I could have a better chance. So I disabled their access. This year I added some more sport to the event as I would let them live in the virtual waiting room, but would block the actual ticket purchase. I have figured out the URL when they win a ticket, and have listed that as pornography. We have had numerous calls about some "business related" website from our cubby co workers. LOL Did you ever know that your my hero?- Big Hurt still hurt
QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 10:51 AM) Frank...shut the 'f' up and play. Don't talk...do. I mean, on the one hand, he talks about how he's disrespected by the White Sox and how they handled releasing him, and how he can't be around the team at the White House because it's uncomfortable. On the other hand, he talks about rushing back from injury because it's all about winning the ring for the team and, in his words, "We did it." Soooo, is it we or is it I? Just pick up the stick, hit the ball, and shut up. Either way, Frank, you are going into the Hall as a White Sox, so you might as well kiss and make up now. yeah that kinda bothered me too. So if he was back a month too early, we could have just waited that extra month, and had him healthy for say by August at the latest, and had a healthy Frank for the stretch run when he would be way more important. Geesh.- 2006 Soxtalk Fantasy Baseball
I might need another for league one. We still haven't heard from Mathew, altough the draft isn't until March 19th so there isn't a big rush, yet.- Catch-All Anything Thread
Yeah, part of that was I went to college in the prehistoric days when most profs didn't have a computer at home, only in the office, so the only way to get ahold of them was by phone... well or we could have walked over there. It may well be different today with most everyone at that stage having computers at home.- American Idol Hottie
QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 10:32 AM) Me too. I thought the worst ones went (although it will be easier to get rid of the guys, I think there are less talented guys than girls this year--although the talented guys are AWESOME--there's just less of them). Yeah the girls are all pretty close together, except for the top couple, and the guys go from average to really, really good. There is no doubt that there is a big gap in the talents of the dudes. I think Bucky, David, Gideon, Sway, Kevin, and Will could all be voted off without really hurting the show at all. The girls are a lot harder to call.- Catch-All Anything Thread
I guess that I went to a unique school then, because at Manchester the profs gave you their home numbers and meant for you to call if you needed something. We weren't really big enough to have real TAs so it was just us on the prof. Almost all of them were really genuine about offering help at anytime they could. The profs in my major were almost like family members by the time I got my four years done. Looking back it was probably one of the two best things about going to a small school, the other being the fact that my activities didn't have to be connected to my major. For example I got to put in 3 years at the radio station on campus, even serving two years as the Program Director, dispite being an Econ major.- American Idol Hottie
QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 10:22 AM) She gone! Deservedly so... She wasn't very good. Really I was satisfied with all 4 people that got voted off.- Dubai Ports selling out
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 10:21 AM) And even though your life's changed, you'd be good at it. Perhaps you could help lead change in the city your child's now in as well. Of course, there's this little thing called $$ that's needed to feed said one child. Maybe when she is in school, but right now I don't want to lose anymore time with her than I already do.- Dubai Ports selling out
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 10:08 AM) Here here! Nice post. So here is my follow-up question to all the regular 'busters here on Sox Talk: are any of you considering running for office at some point? Do any of us feel we could be such a statesman/stateswoman? Note: I do realize that if you are considering it, you may well not want to reveal that fact here, for many reasons. Don't feel obligated. I'm just curious, for those who would want to answer it. I was giving serious though to a run for our local school board, before one baby came along. I was really wanting to see if it led to anything further, as I have a very vested interest in reviving the town I was born, raise, educated, and still live in.- Thome to bat 3rd
The guy just won a World Series, and everyone is shocked when he isn't a complete idiot. :headshake Wake up people.- Last guys on the roster
From the looks of it, it now looks if Ozzie keeps a second lefty, which there is a really good chance he will do so, that we are looking at two roster spots for the last three guys. To me it look like it will come down to Jeff Bajenaru, Joe Borchard, and Ross Gload for those few spots. I am curious as to who people think will be the last two guys on, or even if people think that Neal Cotts will be our only lefty out of the pen, and all three will make it... Opinions please.- Teacher Arrested For Alleged Sexual Relationship
Interesting. I wonder if that law would actually stand up to constitutinal muster?- Teacher Arrested For Alleged Sexual Relationship
If the guy was 18, where is the crime?- Blogo misses the joke
Don't be surprised anymore... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46859- Fav. Classic Rock Song
Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan vs. A Day In The Life - The Beatles- Dubai Ports selling out
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 08:32 AM) I just finished "The World Is Flat" by Thomas Friedman. Interesting read, dealt with a lot of these issues. Bring it with you next time you come to MC so that I can read it too- Four Charged for Selling Body Parts
I wonder what it would cost for an arm and a leg, so I could afford to go to opening day? [books 3rd class ticket to hell, right over the wing]- Water pills...?
QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 10:11 PM) Jim's mom was on lasiks (sp?) after her heart surgery.. is that the same thing? I know that is the one they use to prevent CHF.- Dubai Ports selling out
QUOTE(samclemens @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 05:27 PM) if you are going to be outraged by this deal, then you should be pissed off that 99% of the s*** you have in your house is made in china, made in sweat shops. talk about selective issue-spotting. jesus. After editing out the whining, there is one good point buried in here, and maybe a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, but I want to expand on it... WE as Americans who are the ones who made the foreign takeover of our own ports possible. Our lust for cheaper and cooler consumables, without being willing to pay more for American made products, which support the American workers are what is making this possible. One number you never hear about is the trade deficit, and let me tell you, it keeps hitting new all-time records. And let me tell you also, that ain't the Presidents fault, its our fault. Its that new Honda in the driveway, Saudi gasoline in the tank, Mitsubishi plasma screen on the wall, Sony Playstation 2 hooked up to it, Indian rug the floor, house heated by natural gas from UAE, etc, etc. Yes it is us who directly gives foreign investors the dollars to come back and buy up vital sectors of our marketplace. We can't have it both ways. We can't want cheaper and better products, while importing them at the expense of the American worker, all of the while expecting their to be $50,000 a year jobs for high school dropouts, all of the while not buying American products, and then not expecting all of the dollars from overseas not be reinvested. Its naive at best, completely ignorant at worst to think that companies would avoid trying to own the infastructure of the worlds largest economy, when it was that very same economy which made them rich in the first place!- 2006 MLB Catch-All Thread
Yes, we have retired the 2005 version to the 2005 season in review, which is located in the archives.- Big Hurt still hurt
It was interesting that Macha didn't seem to know Frank's plan for Frank. I didn't see anyone else mention that, but it was the one thing that jumped out of the article at me.- Dubai Ports selling out
A couple of interesting quotes from James Jay Carafano from the Heritage Foundation. http://www.americandaughter.com/index.html...r.com/index.php And http://www.heritage.org/Research/HomelandDefense/wm997.cfm This From Dick Meyer at CBS.com http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/22/...in1335531.shtml Looks like we sold out long ago, and to governments who are a lot less cooperative than the UAE. - For Dems only.