Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Sox leaning toward 11 pitchers
This probably seals Jeff Bajenaru's fate back to Charlotte.
-
Lefties Boone Logan & Heath Phillips to get a shot
QUOTE(SouthSide2004 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 01:43 AM) I'm sorry but Heath Phillips doesn't have the stuff that half the guys we brought in have. I am not saying he is not worth considering, but Guillen is realistically only saying this to motivate the guys they have in camp now. One of the eight guys is going to win the job in the bullpen or they aren't going to take a second lefty. It's as simple as that. Its not about "stuff". Its about getting guys out. period.
-
American Idol Extra
I saw this on our newswires, and couldn't find it anywhere else yet.
-
In like a Lion... March 06 Quotes of the Month
A gem from the Critic in the thread about Mark Prior getting pushed back again
-
Kirby Puckett has died.
Wow, this must be the first sign of getting old, when players you grew up in awe of, start having health problems... for the whole family. Strokes are awful, hopefully he can recover to some semblance of normality.
-
Happy Birthday Mario and FlashTizzle
- I'm finaly going to get to a game!
QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 06:16 PM) Okay. One last thing for the time being. You might want to see this while you're here. I'm sure it will be spectacular. If you do, get tickets ASAP as they are going INCREDIBLY fast.- I'm finaly going to get to a game!
QUOTE(DePloderer @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 03:23 PM) Where's the best place to buy tickets? if you have a specific date in mind, you might be able to get someone on here to help you out with good seats. There are lots of games where season ticket holders don't go, and they want to get rid of. Really for someone coming that far to see a game, I'll bet someone would take care of you.- For GOP only
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 04:01 PM) this is becoming a stupid thread. ^ Hence why quantity really doesn't matter most of the time...- Emblodened Al Qaeda looks for "big bang"
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/02/...in1364828.shtml- the power couple
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 03:12 PM) If it's inappropriate in the case of a Senator who may run for the White House, how exactly is it not inappropriate in the case of another Senator? Did Bob Dole earn over $1.5 million in differing forms from the President of Dubai, and then try to enlist someone working on Liddy Dole's staff to get them a high paying job consulting for the approval of this deal, while simultaniously saying that the deal should not be done in support of his wife's position?- Guillen injures wrist, out three months
QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 02:53 PM) ^^^^ my guess. 1 year 1 mil :puke They did offer him that and he turned that too.- 2004 Pictures
I have no idea, and if no one else does, you can always email the team and see if they can help you out. These guys are a half season rookie ball team, that pretty much is the lowest level of the minor leagues for the White Sox. Odds are most of the guys never really did anything for the Sox. bwsox@bristolsox.com- Cavs@Bulls
QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 02:08 PM) Yeah, he can hit clutch shots if he gets open, but the fact that he can't dribble his way out of a hairy situation or make an accurate pass to an open man when the game is on the line is what I'm concerned with. The fact he can hit a shot if he is open is still light years above the rest of the team...- Dire Straits
I like their music well enough, but the thing I will never forget about them is their videos... They were soooooooooo far ahead of their time.- Caption Contest
Hot damn, I'll bet Dick would blow this thing away!- Official NBA Discussion Thread
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 08:49 PM) Guys are you all mental or something. The Bulls aren't looking at Morrison, not one bit. Exactly. Scott Skiles/John Paxon+Adam Morrison=Not Bloody Likely. They want guys who hustle and defend on both ends of the floor.- Cavs@Bulls
I gotta expand upon this and say the only guy who should touch the ball for a shot in the last minute of a game is Ben Gordon. I have seen nothing of Hinrich, Duhon, Nocioni or anyone else that has shown me that they have the moxie to knock down a shot when it matters, even if they are camped out alone somewhere. I don't know that I have ever seen a team choke so often at the end of a game without having the Cubs bullpen involved.- July 4th game for uk fans
Uh guys, Chicagos big fireworks display is July 3rd. They might have something at Navy Pier that night, but the huge display is July 3rd for the Taste of Chicago.- American Idol Predictions
More on Paula's odd night- 2006 White Sox Photos
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 11:03 AM) Soxtalk guys? Not sure what that means. Do they read this board or something? But I will try for those pitchers you mention. A couple of them post occasionally, but all have done a lot for the site (interviews, answer questions etc)- Former Domino's head starting own town
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/02/catholic.town.ap/index.html- Glitter jailed for 3 years.
Hopefully Vietnamese prision isn't nearly as nice as American prisions...- Wow, what an offseason
In a weird sort of way, its almost sad the games have to start again. All winter we were the World Champs and no one could take anything away from that. Now if we start to lose or play badly people are going to have something to pick at.- 2006 White Sox Photos
If you could try to grab some quality shots of any of the soxtalk guys that would be awesome... (Baj, Bmac, Cotts, Tracey) - I'm finaly going to get to a game!