Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Very excellent work Jason, Bob, and Alex
  2. RIP and Shine on!
  3. Pizzahut.com has a sweet site to use to order pizza on-line for either pick up or delivery. They also have tons of coupons and stuff like that which you can use if you use their on-line service. We just tried it for the first time, and it went pretty well.
  4. QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 01:36 PM) I'm a democrat and I agree completely. If Bush were a Dem, the republicans would have found a way to impeach him three scandals ago. The problem is that no one possess the charisma of the ever-popular Bill Clinton. To the Democrats, he was Michael Jordan... almost impossible to replace. (Obviously most GOPers think differently). Somebody has to step up. I really don't think that person is Hillary... maybe its russ feingold or mark warner or whoever.... I sure hope they figure out who it is before 2008. Trust me, I get the MJ anaolgy, and when you go below the surface it isn't that far off. MJs personal life really got him in a lot of trouble as well. There have been many allegations of his affiars, supposedly his gambling problems are what made him retire for the first time, and he had a lot of people who really didn't care much for the guy. To be honest, I think if GWB had half of Bills charisma, half the stuff that we hear about would get swept under the rug, just like it did for Bill.
  5. QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 10:55 AM) Compliant with the laws of the state of California, he believed this man deserved the DP. Now, however, his religious outlook has changed and that should not be the deciding factor. Religion is not supposed to be part of the equation as per the US Constitution. This, my friends, is really what separation of church and state means. EDIT: This is a prime example of where separation of church and state is truly applicable. I've got to say, if this judge is making this decesion based on religion, I had better hear that the ACLU is going to fight to have this judge recused.
  6. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 12:55 PM) I'll have you know I'm more like the Ron Karkovice of posting. Knees gave out and retired a long time ago?
  7. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 03:05 AM) So, according to UPI, this deal would actually affect 21 ports, and not 6. I find it hard to believe that UPI isn't wrong here, since I just think that in the week since I started this thread, SOMEONE out there would have noticed "Hey, there are another 15 ports involved here" and written that up. Well, we'll see. They are owned by the same wonderful folks who own the Washington Times, but they usually do very good work. Actually this would give them operations in 23 ports. http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/25/port.security/ Also this directly from the company
  8. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 03:01 AM) I believe the Filibuster was created entirely so that people like Minors could have a place to chime in alongside people like me, where both of us can make arses of ourselves without being banned. Unfortunately you are dead on right... I guess we have a place where even the Timos of posting can hang out...
  9. QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 05:24 PM) boy that's a kick in the pills... merry xmas to me. now i get to drive 45 minutes down to us cellular to use my gift card to buy tickets. BROOKS!!!!! If its a White Sox gift card, where else would it be used?
  10. The Rally Crede. Yeah, Buehrle deserves it, but the Rally Crede was a Soxtalk thing. It deserves its place here atop the opener. Period.
  11. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 03:04 PM) Please tell me they are moving Swapmeet out of Hotstove and out on its own! Looks like Jas made it its own board, and it is now called the Ticket Exchange.
  12. Anything else?
  13. Hey Jas, what order do you want them in? [/sending a boy to do a mans job]
  14. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 02:48 PM) Wouldn't change the cruise thing. Cruising through the Panama Canal is quite expensive so only a couple lines have semi regular cruises (Princess, Holland America and Celebrity.) And those only travel through one lock to save on taxes. Usually the transcanal cruises are reserved for repositioning sailings to move a ship to Alaska or the Caribbean. I thought there was something in the works to widen the canal to be able to handle the modern supertankers and then some... Maybe I was reading speculation? Can anyone else help me out here???
  15. Aren't they working on an expansion of the Panama canal? I thought I remembered seeing something on History or Discovery to that extent?
  16. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 02:31 PM) So outrageously wrong that I've never seen anything wronger in my life. So wrong that other patently wrong things seem right by comparison. So wrong that we should start calling Tex "Wrongy Wrongington." Everybody pile on! Tex is so wrong, I don't wanna be right...
  17. I got good seats for the Saturday game, but I am going to Ebay/Stubhub them to buy tickets at USCF.
  18. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 02:00 PM) Man, I'm sad I wasn't here on the day Bush decided to support those steel tarriffs. The ONLY reason I support those at all was because basically every country that is dumping steel in the US is doing it with government subsidies. Its one thing is someone can build a better widget, its quite another to have a trading partner putting our people out of work through no fault of their own. I was also pretty disgusted that Bush crapped out and gave in to the WTO on this issue. If he was going to put them in place, he needed to give them more than lip service.
  19. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 01:56 PM) (Random MSNBC piece) Honestly, if those are Dems, I really don't want them. Free trade my ass. They need to turn in their GOP cards and STFU.
  20. QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 01:47 PM) Don't we have ports where China is basically supplying the same services the UAE are supposed to provide? I believe I read that somewhere. If so, do you think the Chinese government has no input on policy? If so, why was there no groundswell of objection to that scenario. In my opinion, that is much more disturbing than the UAE in the same position. From what I got yesterday while reading, China pretty much runs the port of LA.
  21. QUOTE(minors @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 01:34 PM) There must be plenty outhere because if not Abortion would not be legal Ever hear of this funny little group of nine people called the Supreme Court?
  22. QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 01:05 PM) yeah because this happens all the time. getting an abortion is not like going to the dentist or getting a car wash you know. the pain that the procedure causes is pretty severe. Severe enough where people aren't just using this as an alternative to going out and getting condoms. on a side note, would you rather have abortions or babies found dead in dumpsters? just asking.... That has to be the worst possible arguement for legal abortion. I can respect the arguements over rape, insest, danger to the mother, etc, but to argue that if you make it illegal that there will just be a bunch of people murdering babies disgusts me. Its makes it seem as if it would be OK to do a coathanger abortion because the mean old system won't let you have one. Its almost like saying the legal system won't go after the guy who committed a crime against me/my family, so instead I am going to go kill him myself. It doesn't make it right, and it is almost a blackmail type arguement instead of a rational arguement.
  23. QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 01:09 PM) Oh damn, I was about to hurry back to the dem thread--I had my cheese and crackers all ready for that wine. Here's to you Ms Soxy
  24. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 01:08 PM) Not entirely true. He inherited most of his money and it wasn't from oil IIRC. His family owns a large construction company that basically built Saudi Arabia if memory serves me correctly. Now adays most of his money comes from donations of like minded people, and shell companies that his followers run.
  25. QUOTE(minors @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 01:07 PM) Because all they can do is wine about everything. I should go over there and ask them if they want a little cheese to go along with that wine. Everything Bush does is wrong in their eyes even if Bush got jobs for everyone and got world peace the liberals would complain about this as well. They can keep whining and we will keep winning elections. Dude if you are going to stereotype a bunch of people, at least have the decency to spell "WHINE" right...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.