Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Holy Shrine nearly destroyed in Iraq
The US military is only confirming 7 mosques have been damaged. http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060223/pl_af...us_060223155005
-
Riots in Nigeria kill at least 146
The Christians and Muslims are now going reprisal for reprisal http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle....ERIA.xml&rpc=22
-
Water pills...?
I know they use them in the elderly to prevent congestive heart failure.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 02:43 PM) I like Paris and that girl that sang last (Katherine, I think). Of them I think Katherine is my fave. Taylor (the grey haired guy) is totally my favorite. He's the only person on tv that is as socially awkward as most of the people I hang out with. Ace, well, um, he's very nice to look at. He can sing well, but he's much more fun to look at, his brother was also equally hot. Taylor, that's it... I love his voice. It just has the blues feeling to it, and I love that kind of music. Melissa is the other girl I couldn't think of, I think she preformed right before Katherine on Tuesday nite.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 12:18 PM) I'm totally addicted to American Idol. I am forced to watch it religiously. Its either that or listen to grief when my shows (aka the White Sox) are on Who is your favorites so far? Out of the girls, Paris, Mandesa and the brunette who modeled are the best, along with Ace and Travis (the grey haired dude) of the guys.
-
The reluctant leader recognized
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/s...itesox0223.html Great lines by good ol AJ
-
FCC may declare "Shit" a banned word
s*** used to be one of the seven words you couldn't say on radio or TV, but that kinda went by the wayside. Interesting to see they are talking about bringing it back.
-
View New Posts
Not until we upgrade to a new board.
-
Darren Dreifort retires
definately near the top of the list for one of the worst contracts ever.
-
Holy Shrine nearly destroyed in Iraq
Irans President saids the US and Israel did this... Yup, and soon he will have nukes.
-
Naval Academy Charges Quarterback With Rape
QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 04:37 PM) Thanks for deleting my questions.. :headshake I think he messed up trying to merge it... Its fixed now.
-
Cheap gas..
Another good site for cheap gas!
-
Dubai Ports selling out
QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 02:35 PM) No. Just don't want foreign state-owned companies controlling our infrastructure. Then what do opinion polls have to do with that? Would it have been OK after 9/11 when the whole world held a favorable opinion of the US?
-
Dubai Ports selling out
QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 02:25 PM) I know this is a stretch but I compare it to letting a state-owned German company take over a port in Poland in the 30s. So are you proposing quit doing business in China, France, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, etc? http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?ReportID=247
-
to PC or not to PC
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 02:27 PM) When I was a kid, we called that style of T-shirt something else. Any guesses? (Please excuse the slur here)... Dago-T.
-
Dubai Ports selling out
QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 01:58 PM) Granted this is 2 years old but just shows you the attitude of the people of the UAE. Why do we want a company that is owned by a goverment, where the people hate Americans, control our ports?? "Arab/Islamic hostility toward American policy translates into enmity for the U.S. as a whole. A March 2004 Pew Research Center poll of four Muslim countries found unfavorable views of the U.S. outnumbering favorable views by 61 to 21 percent in Pakistan, 63 percent to 30 percent in Turkey, 68 to 27 percent in Morocco, and a remarkable 93 percent to 5 percent in Jordan. A Zogby International study taken three months later found even deeper hostility toward the United States in six Arab states: those with unfavorable views of the U.S. outnumbered those with favorable views by 69 percent to 20 percent in Lebanon, 73 percent to 14 percent in the UAE, 88 percent to 11 percent in Morocco, 78 percent to 15 percent in Jordan, 94 percent to 4 percent in Saudi Arabia, and 98 percent to 2 percent in Egypt." Source: http://www.zogby.com/Soundbites/ReadClips.dbm?ID=12645 I'm not quite sure what you are saying, but is it that we shouldn't be doing business with companies in countries that have unfavorable views of us?
-
Going to spring training
I hate you all, and I hope it rains the whole time you are down there. [/irrational jealousy]
-
Malimony
QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 01:34 PM) Uh hu. OK.. let me try this again.. They should split the marital assets 50/50 and move on. He should definately get half.
-
Men's Olympic Ice Hockey
They had a nice chance off of a face of with about 30 second left, but again came up short.
-
Men's Olympic Ice Hockey
4-3 with 4 1/2 to go
-
Yahoo Trade Veto
The injury factor is huge when considering both Griffey and Wilson. I would say the guy who got ARod won the trade, but for the other guy, he is a getting a lot of solid players, which could really serve to upgrade and balance a roster, with only losing two probably big contributors.
-
Men's Olympic Ice Hockey
4-2 Fins after two periods...
-
Holy Shrine nearly destroyed in Iraq
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 12:59 PM) Could you give me the evidence that this is not Iraqis killing iraqis? We've had dozens of reports of Shi'a militia run death squads targeting Sunnis in Iraq, and we've had dozens of reports of Iraqi resistance units targeting the Shi'a. The article I read today about this very bombing said it was most likely done by foreigners connected to Al Qaeda. There are thousands of foreign arabs in Iraq with the sole purpose of killing innocent people to incite a civil war. As a matter of a fact the porus borders allowing these very people into the country has been one of the many rips against Bush in this very war.
-
Dubai Ports selling out
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 12:53 PM) Yet, despite all the screaming about deficits...the option of calling for a couple percent across the board tax increase to cover things like upgrading port and power plant security isn't even considered. Nationwide people ballot inicatvies for tax increases for a miriad of activities. I would be shocked if Americans would be willing to pay more in taxes for something that most people don't even take seriously as a threat. You know as well as I do that most Americans don't tend to be proactive when it comes to their pocketbooks. Heck even after Katrina I haven't heard a big groundswell of people asking for a tax increase to protect against another natural disaster like this. Basically the issue has gone away dispite the fact nothing has really been fixed yet.
-
Iran offers to fund Hamas
-Hamas is chartered to the destruction of Israel. -Iran is offering to fund the Palestian government as the West refuses to fund it, until Hamas agrees to recognize Israels right to exsist, and ends violence against them. -Iran is actively pursueing the enrichment of uranium in the open, and in secret trying to get ahold of the materials and knowledge to make a nuclear weapon. -Iran's President believes that the final prophet is immently about to arrive, and that it is his duty to do whatever it takes to ready for his arrival. I don't see a reason to be scared, do you? http://www.cbc.ca/storyview/MSN/world/nati...amas060222.html