Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!
  2. Wait you want City of Chicago employees to work? That's rich. True story alert. One day last week, while walking down Van Buren to the train while crossing Dearborn I notice that the lights on Dearborn are both red and green at the sametime, while the lights on the other road in the intersection are cycling as normal from green to red, and back to green. I didn't see a traffic cop there, but notice there was one at the next intersection of State and VB. As I approach that intersection I notice the traffic cop isn't directing traffic, instead standing off to the south east corner just watching the cars go by. I walked up to her and told her about the problem, to which she saids "OK". As I walked away she just stood there. She never made an effort to call anyone or walk that whole block to direct traffic. Instead she continued to stand off out of traffic and watch the cars go by. I looked back every so often to see if she moved as I continued to the train station. In my two block walk, she didn't budge. She never directed a car, she never tried to fix the problem one block away. Someone could have been killed by the confusion in the lights, but she didn't lift a finger to do anything about it.
  3. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 03:37 PM) Maybe Ahmed Chalabi WAS Deepthroat. As long as Chalabli doesn't do Chicago, we are OK...
  4. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 03:26 PM) This guy could also be another Chalabi. Or he could be another Deepthroat.
  5. And that's why I prefaced the source for what it was worth... It is interesting that an Iraqi general is now saying this, and that we could have the evidence under our nose, and not have translated it yet. With the gaps in our intelligence, it wouldn't surprise me if again we had all of the information and just didn't know it. It was one thing when right-wing blogs were speculating about this. I never really paid them much attention because of the source... Now the source is someone who would have been on the inside, the only question is whether he is trustworthy or not.
  6. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-t...ov=ap&type=lgns
  7. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060208/ts_nm/...iran_germany_dc
  8. Muslim leaders calling for calm and peace
  9. I'll never forgive you!!!!
  10. I saw this for the first time last week on some blog I had never really seen before, so I didn't really pay much mind to it. Now that it has actually appeared in an American newspaper (though not much of one) it looks like a good time to post this. A top Iraqi general is claiming that Saddam transported his WMDs to Syria. http://www.nysun.com/article/27110
  11. That one hit way too close to home for comfort...
  12. Barry Manilow with the #1 album in the country... :puke http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2006/feb...rrymanilow.html
  13. CLICK ME NOW, DAMN IT!!!
  14. Actually it was a fairly common practice. As I understand it, this was way more common than the white men sailing up and kidnapping a village to sell off to the highest bidder. Most of the time these people were being sold to the white men by a rival tribe who had either captured them in war, or were doing the kidnapping themselves to both weaken a rival, and to reap the rewards of payments from the slave purchasers.
  15. http://www.nbc5.com/news/6819489/detail.html I saw the other day where he was complimenting the Irani president for investigiations into the holocaust. :headshake
  16. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20..._slavegirl.html They were able to follow one particular slave from Africa to the US and even figure out who her living ancestors were today. Facinating read.
  17. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 10:39 AM) MLB should build the damn stadium themselves. If there's one thing that bothers me its cities spending hundreds of millions of dollars to put up a stadium for a private business. If baseball wants all the fancy bells and whistles, why can't they pay for them? To me its no different than cities fighting over companies by offering tax abatements and incentives for them to open their plants in their towns. Cities make a ton of money off of the pro sports teams, just like they do off of having other businesses in their towns, both through jobs and increased tax revenues from spending. Ecomicially this is the same as when Toyota was pitting city against city to see who would offer the best package for them to build an assembly plant.
  18. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 10:25 AM) An older kid more likely. My wife has had two such instances as a teacher in two different schools, and in both cases it was called in by 7th or 8th graders disguising their voices as best they could. Bot were expelled, needless to say. Going by this line... I'll bet it is something stupid like a parent trying to get a kid a day off or something like that. I don't see why it couldn't be an older kid trying to get out of school, but the authorities seem to feel it was an adult.
  19. I'll bet dollars to donuts it was a parent.
  20. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 09:28 AM) That's great. But why would you let the world know about it? If the Senate is all about collegiality, you send him the letter and that's the end of it. You don't put the letter on your website and let drudgereport know that its there. That's grandstanding, period. Of course it is grandstanding. The Repubs know they can't allow Obama to continue unchallenged in his stature as some sort of an untouchable god senator. This is just the first salvo of what is only going to get worse.
  21. southsider2k5 replied to Drew's topic in SLaM
    I voted and broke the tie. 678-677 you are leading... Good luck.
  22. QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 08:18 PM) Isnt google 100% against charging people for things? today they are... give them a few years when growth slows and they need to find a new source of revenue.
  23. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 10:54 PM) I missed the "F-16" quote, but he also said Bill Gates would "s*** his pants" if he was in Venezuela. Gumble also said that Guillen is known for picking fights with guys like Magglio (no) and Thomas. I don't know about Maggs, but they used to do it to Frank on purpose to motivate him. He played better mad, so they used to screw with him to piss him off. It wasn't a thing where they fought because they hated each other at all.
  24. The estimates that I read were $1500 per car goes to cover health insurance for the employees. I don't know how that translates hourly, but I don't see it being that high... But I also did hear that the Union is refusing anymore concessions to the company, dispite the mounting company losses. I wonder if that means if the company were making record profits, instead of record losses, if they also would be refusing raises and better benefits?
  25. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 03:10 AM) Normally I to side with the majority opinion so it's glad it ended in a 29-29 tie. I didn't vote so I guess I break the tie & majority wins. But the ignore feature at the site puts a spin on this debate. What's an ignore feature analogy in the real world? I would say a degree of censorship as to what can be said in public. I would consider the right to say whatever you want in private or amongst private groups would be a fundamental minority right that the majority would always approve of. So the vote is meaningless because everyone has the right to censor another her at SOXTALK. When you respond to a person's post you have freely choosen to read it. No one compelled you & the person writing it certainly isn't posturing themselves to get notice. They certainly aren't saying it to get accepted either. They are just sharing what's on their mind. BS'g in the kitchen at work if you will. Nice spin Rush. You also have freedom of speech in life too, and the ability not to listen. Does that mean any majority rules statements are rendered useless as well because you don't have to pay attention to the ballots? Not a chance. You have already way proven that all of the stuff you preach doesn't apply to your own actions. You say everyone else should behave like that, but the hypocrate that you are, you don't believe your own rules should apply to yourself. You had the chance to prove yourself as a man of principle by standing up for majority rules BEFORE the results were known. Instead you ran and hid until it was over, and then came up with a reason why it was OK. A real man who believed the stuff he said would have posted right away in the thread and said "You are right, I believe in majority rule, and I will abide by the majority." Instead you read the threads, post nothing, hide, and come back after all is said and done. And on top of it all, you try to add some spin about the ignore feature rendering any polls here useless. You should be embarassed to be yourself today in all reality. I can't believe you would even want to show your face here after being exposed in the way you did. Everything you said you stood for is just lies. Do as I say, not as I do.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.