Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Also if you commished a league last year, and would like to do so again, please post it. And if you would like to commish league, please let us know as well. FYI, it sounds like ZoomSlownik is going to be the organizer of things this year, and I can't thank him enough.
  2. Yes, if everyone would post their interest here.... If you have played before and want to stay in your same league, please post what league you were in. If you are new, please post as such. thanks Also, with not having as much time I used to... I would love to hear from someone who would be willing to be in charge of orgnaizing the league and assigning people to groups. Please PM me!
  3. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:53 AM) And what if we hypothetically throw in your radio guy's conversion to an oil-for-Euro's trade system for the trifecta? We'd probably be lucky to get $100/barrel oil with a confluence of events like that I assume. The only thing we would have "going" for us at that point is that the demand side would get crushed by our economy going into the toilet. It would be interesting in theory, but nothing I would ever want to see in real life.
  4. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:16 AM) To clarify, he didn't say Iran DIRECTLY attacking the US, but he is saying that Iran would assist the Al Queda network with what they needed ($$, etc) to attack the US. OK now that is a little more plausible, but to be honest it still doesn't make that much sense. 1.) The Irani president is trying to harken the end of the world by bringing about the last prophet. Israel is the key to that as I understand it. An attack on Israel is MUCH more likely 2.) Even if Iran wanted to directly attack US interests, they have much easier and much less conspicuous ways of doing so. Heck they have 135,000 US troops next door which they could aid in attacks on if they wanted to do that. Or they could simply close down oil production and watch the US spiral, which might be even more effective than any terrorist attack they could pull off.
  5. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 09:51 AM) I thought you didn't make it due to something with the kids..??? My bad.. That's just what he told us :rolly
  6. Hopefully this isn't politics, but Eygpt declined Israels offer of aiding in search and rescue http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull
  7. http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/02/03/...ship/index.html
  8. QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 09:08 AM) Same net result, imo. Maybe... but that isn't what he said.
  9. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 08:45 AM) Yea - it was some strange stuff. I was listening to this thinking, WTF? And the more I listened, the more I couldn't turn it. It was really strange. And yea, I agree, SS. I think before the end of February, something's going to happen. That's the other thing that this guy said. Basically, we know when, where and what the next attack will be right now. It will most likely have fingerprints pointing to Iran in some fashion... That's all similiar to the conspiracy s*** that Bush knew 9/11 was going to happen before it happened in detail. Iran has zero interest in attacking the US. He has to hit Israel in order to further what he believes is his cause in aiding the return of the final prophet. If they guy had said Iran was going to nuke Tel Aviv I could have believed him, maybe. The US getting attacked by Iran, no way.
  10. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 08:49 AM) That was an inside joke for SS. Our econ prof used to tell us that below 5% unemployment was impossible to achieve. Below 5? s*** 6% was full employment back in 1994
  11. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 08:46 AM) 4.7%? Wow. That's impossible... No that short tie over the gut is what is impossible...
  12. The other thing is that they revised the December report up 81,000 jobs, or almost exactly to what they had expected that report to look like at the time...
  13. Were you listening to Art Bell or something? Holy s***! There were no mention of aliens and anal probes right? Anyways, his solution is economically backwards anyway so that is complete BS. I will give him one thing, I do believe that the signals are out there that an attack is about to happen... Both Zarqawhi and Bin Laden put out messages within the same week essentially, taunting the US. I really think there were trigger messages in there, and something is about to go down.
  14. Gas

    southsider2k5 replied to jasonxctf's topic in The Filibuster
    QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 03:51 PM) If making 180 million than the same quarter last year is a decline, then you'd be right. Damn you're right That paragraph read really wierd... Anyways, just on a lark I googled record profits in the news to see when the next sets of congressional hearings were going to start and here is what I came up with before I got bored... Duechse Bank http://www.upi.com/InternationalIntelligen...02-105119-3542r Candian Pacific Railroad http://www.cbc.ca/cp/business/060131/b0131149.html Cummins Deseil http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti.../601300436/1003 Canon http://www.mg.co.za/articlepage.aspx?area=...rticleid=262687 Catipiller http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/busines...-1b27earns.html Sharp http://www.todayonline.com/articles/98837.asp Apple http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ss/13660814.htm Valero http://www.dailytexanonline.com/media/pape...texanonline.com Wells Fargo http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../601180336/1033 Sony http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=2882&date=20060118 Goldman Sachs, Bear Stearns, and Lehman Brothers http://www.nytimes.com/glogin?URI=http://w...Q26JbQ7BGQ20Q27
  15. Gas

    southsider2k5 replied to jasonxctf's topic in The Filibuster
    QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 11:46 AM) http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/...ource=PA%20Feed Now its Shell. The interesting thing is that their US division profits actually fell vs the same quarter last year, despite an increase from $45 to nearly $70 in the price of crude.
  16. A picture is worth a thousand words.... except here most of them are aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  17. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws
  18. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:35 PM) Odd, I thought I had a Blunt in my bag! Turns out I was wrong. Turns out it was just a Boehner in your pants
  19. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:18 PM) You're right. Make the ID free of charge. It's sort of like charging for a Passport. After 2007, to freely travel outside the US, you gotta pay $70+ for a passport. It's good for ten years, but its still a travel tax of sorts. Why wouldn't you pay for a passport? It involves processing and research right? Why should someone else pay taxes to subsidize a persons travel outside of the US?
  20. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2315990
  21. http://townhall.com/opinion/columns/Michae.../02/184899.html
  22. QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 11:58 AM) Considering it's unconstitutional and a form of a poll tax, it's horrible. But I've been hearing that this would be happening in Ohio just in time for the election, so this doesn't surprise me. So how would you prevent voter fraud then?
  23. The version I heard on the radio yesterday reported that 3 had died.
  24. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    Drug smugglers are using puppies to traffic heroin. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11132226/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.