Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Rest in peace.
  2. http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read...le.asp?ID=21092 You will be glad to know that there were some minority owned investments made... Sean Jean clothing, owned by one Sean Combs recieved a nice investment. Also in the interest of supporting the working man and their futures, the fund has a $100 million investment set up for Aloha airlines... which of course is contingent upon them flushing the companies pension and current employee contracts.
  3. QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 09:07 AM) Tallon has been trading guys steadily all season, so it's not so much a fire sale as an ongoing auction. Besides, you won't get much for your "stars" when they're all injured. The top 4 paid players on the team are all out with long term injuries and are tying up nearly 1/3rd of the payroll.
  4. QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 10:10 AM) Summed up my thoughts exactly. Gracias! Here's what needs to be done with Congress ---> I agree 100% Start over. QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 10:24 AM) Well, what 50?% of eligible voters vote in a given election, right? That's a LOT of apathetic people out there. I think you could just drop the "a" in front of pathetic.
  5. I am so far out of the hard alcohol stage it isn't even funny... Its pretty much just beer for me. I am too damned old for the rest of it.
  6. QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 08:55 AM) Because the average citizen really has no idea what the Fed does, so therefore they don't care about him. So therefore our reps and senators shouldn't either?
  7. http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...1/1020/BUSINESS One thing I have found interesting is that no one has tried questioning Bernanke at all. We have heard nary a word about this guy, while the spotlight glared on Alito and Roberts. I wonder why there was really no campaign to get the guy to answer questions in a similar matter, as his opinion becomes nearly as important as the Supreme Court justices, if not more due to the fact that the Federal Reserve bank has a bigger concentration of power in the financial sector, affecting many more lives on a daily basis.
  8. Everytime I see an article like this I think one thing. They are all missing the Sox current advertising thrust. The Sox are trying to capture the next generation of fans. So many of their promotions, giveaways, and such are aimed at kids under their teens. They have the White Sox acadamies, Kid's Days, Southpaw, and the Cubs have what? The Sox know you can't change the fandom of the great majority of fans who have hit their teens and beyond, but they are doing an incredible job of trying to get the fans who are still impressionable. Of course there isn't a columnist in town who has caught on to this...
  9. I didn't realize that Yakubov had been waived... apparently he was picked up by the Panthers.
  10. Gas

    southsider2k5 replied to jasonxctf's topic in The Filibuster
    QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 01:54 PM) Correct. But there are other factors in the price of gasoline aside from the price of oil. I think that's what people want to look into. And the traders themselves have, at times, thrown the country into unnecessary price spikes. With other commidities, the market has a little more "give" on spikes up and down. When oil spikes, gasoline and other oil products go up very quickly in response, so the trading fluctuations are felt much more directly. And some of the time, on the tips of the spikes, the extra bump in price is purely the result of speculators. Also I am curious when we are going to start hearing the howls from other industries such as the precious metals markets which are seeing highs they haven't seen since about the Gold Standard days? When do the Congressional hearings start for Big Gold?
  11. Gas

    southsider2k5 replied to jasonxctf's topic in The Filibuster
    QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 12:55 PM) so would government interference in market pricing due to collusion be wrong? if all of the cattle farmers got together and decided to price beef at $25 per lb and stuck to it, would that be collusion? a side question, and I'm really not trying to be a smartass here, if the price of oil is going up, thus leading to higher gas prices, why hasn't the cost of "oil changes" gone up? is the oil used for oil changes different from the oil used for gasoline? Probably because oil changes are a loss leader for most automotive companies anyway. To be honest you might have picked the only oil related product that I could think of that hasn't increased in price in the last year.
  12. CNN has breaking news that a new video tape of the Al Qaeda #2 saying that the airstrikes failed and he is still alive.
  13. FYI I am pretty sure Sanders is gone...
  14. Well after seeing Ozzie comments about Munoz, I would kiss him good-bye. I have got to imagine that it is between the two new guys, or they wouldn't have brought them in the first place if they though an inhouse guy could handle it.
  15. QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 11:52 PM) Were any of you guys at the Big Bar on any of the nights? Or should I just assume that? I know I was up there for a while Friday nite along with a bunch of people from here and WSI.
  16. Hey cool. The quotes from Kenny in that article on Page 3 of this thread are from my question Friday nite.
  17. Also FYI, the 2006 media campaign "If at first you succeed, repeat"
  18. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 06:52 PM) Thx for the pics guys. Yep yep, B-Mac is definately still not jucing. Someone get that kid a burger. More proof Bmac is clean...
  19. Maybe this will quiet some of the crap that Pods took in the second half now... That took some balls to play through.
  20. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 06:52 PM) The only person I ran into at Soxfest was Mike(SS2K5) and family in the Brandon McCarthy line. The place was jammed packed. My son didnt get to go because he was sick, so my brother-in-law came instead. He had a hi tech camera with a good zoom lenz. I will be posting the pics he had from soxfest once he emails them to me. Brian Anderson is a funny guy. He was making cracks with everyone. The Widgenator was cool also. Real laid back. BMac needs to eat some more. Yeah, thanks for introducing yourself. Always great to meet people FYI. Brandon's pitching clinic on Friday was excellent. He was about as comfortable on stage as he was on the mound with 40,000 fans in the stadium. He is a well spoken, articulate kid. You can really tell he is a real student of the game. Heck I even learned something as his clinic
  21. Wow. It seems like only yesterday. It is one out of maybe a half a dozen days in my life that seem like it just happened.
  22. We had a great time as usual. it was definately way more crowed than I have ever seen it, but it was a blast. We even got brave and took the baby up later on, and she got a picture taken with Southpaw, the righty. I got a pic done with both Brandon and Pauly.
  23. QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 09:16 AM) The thing is, he made so many comments at the wedding that clearly indicated that he knew he was done and that it was going to be HIS CHOICE was to walk away with the ring. I haven't seen him since mid November.. but at that time he was still in a ton of pain while walking without the boot... The injury isn't healed. And I think he'll crash and burn. I'm sad to say it, but that''s my prediction. I said it when the Oakland rumors started... I think going from an extreme homers park to one on the exact opposite end of the spectrum is going to hurt him a lot. Also going from a place with zero foul territory to a place with the most in baseball might hurt him more than anything as we all know Franks propensity to foul off pitches trying to get something he can drive. I didn't really want to say it out of respect for the big man, but I really think he is going to have a bad 2006, if he can even stay healthy.
  24. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 09:22 AM) Unlike a few here, I didn't become a White Sox fan because of Thomas. I became a White Sox fan because my parents are. Frank Thomas won't do anything special next year and he'll fade away from baseball. Sucks for him, but that's the breaks. I don't know why the guy has to be a dick like this, but I hope he enjoys never reaching 500. I never thought of it that way, but maybe that is why I never got so attached to Frank, like many other did. I am a third generation Sox fan and can remember games all of the way back to the southside hitmen. The Sox exisited before Frank for me, and will exsist after... I have seen players come and go, and while it is sad to see him leave, I guess its just part of the game.
  25. Yeah I am curious if there is more to this story too. He seemed to be getting it during the last couple of years with Ozzie as the manager. I cannot imagine with Oz as Mgr and KW as GM that he didn't know anything. Until proven otherwise, I just can't believe that, it doesn't make any sense.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.