Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Crew Rushes to Get to Trapped W.Va. Miners
- Iran President: Israel Completed Holocaust
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 08:29 AM) How can it be *your* homeland if you never lived there? Imagine if we decided to displace people and give native Americans the land. Say Manhatten? I never thought about the significance of what was done back then. We are worried about increased government abuse of emminent domain here, imagine on a worldwide scale. Again, if it was such an important area, how did the Palestinians come to own most of it? I am now understanding some of the historical issues. Where Jews from Germany expected to pack up and move to the Middle East? There is a twisted side to this, round up the Jews and send them to one place? This is fascinating now that I woke up. I never really linked the guilty (Nazis) with who else paid for those sins (Palistinians). Is it correct to say without the Nazis, there would be no Israel. Was there any sort of a movement prior to the war to create a nation? If that's the case, 99% of the Palestinians have to right of return to Israel anyway because they never lived there, so this whole discussion is moot.- Gov Trump?
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 1, 2006 -> 12:15 PM) Linkage Publicity stunt or civic duty? publicity plus power play.- Iran President: Israel Completed Holocaust
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 08:14 AM) Why were the Palestinians selected to be moved? I never thought about this before. The Holocaust happened primarily throught out Europe and of course so much in Germany. Yet instead of a European site, the Middle East was selected. I've got to find a good book about this. I have a few weeks before it's back in the classroom. Because no where else was the Jewish historical homeland?!?!?!?!- Delay
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 2, 2006 -> 02:32 PM) I didn't hear this much complaining from the left when Al Gore was taking money from the Chinese. I guess that was ok huh? They tried to get John Kerry elected President after taking money from the same guy as Gore/Clinton, and Kerry even did the one up of getting the guy a meeting with the SEC. For those keeping score at home, that is forgein nationals giving money to our top governmental officials to influence them...- For GOP only
I'm usually not one for circle jerks, but this was pretty funny.- Iran President: Israel Completed Holocaust
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 2, 2006 -> 12:51 AM) What other locations were considered for Israel? A lot more than were offered for the displaced Palestinians.- McCarthy
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 12:44 AM) That's what I fully expected him to be working on too, but the report said it was a 2 seamer/split finger pitch of some sort that he wanted to work on. I do think a split finger/2 seamer makes sense though, at least as much as a cutter, simply because the kid is freaking tall, and he'd really be able to get on top of that thing and push it downwards, just like JG. (Imagine JG with BMac's changeup...he might give up 3 hits all year) INteresting. I would have thought with a decent curveball, that they would have tried to add something with some sideways motion instead of adding another up to down pitch. Hopefully it works for him.- Happy 2006 to Soxtalk!!!
I know we have a few of us where 2006 is old news (Credepopsup, DBAH0, and Deploder), but I wanted to be the first to wish my extended family the most joyous New Year of 2006. 2005 was the best possible year that could ever happen to me. Hopefully 2k6 is something close to that for everyone else. Happy New Year Soxtalk!!!!- McCarthy
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 06:27 PM) A few months ago there was some talk that he might be working on a split finger pitch over the offseason. I haven't heard anything, but judging on the Sox past, I would guess a cutter would be more likely.- M's step up offer to Boston
Congrats all... another thread down the toilet.- The media's take on bloggers
Why does it seem like we have been down this road before.... hmmm....- The media's take on bloggers
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 03:50 PM) I read Daily Kos but less and less, otherwise really just follow my close friend's LJs and tvnewser, gothamist, fluxblog and occasionally CTA tattler. PurgatorywithPantagraphs>CTAtattler My reaction to the article was that Kathleen Parker must be about the most insecure person in the world.- In teh spirit of the holidays, can anyone help me?
QUOTE(Drew @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 03:41 PM) If someone was coming on here selling unlicensed videotapes or DVDs of the World Series, then yes, that's illegal. I guess I don't see this as a totally abnormal query, or at least one much different from someone asking around their circle of friends. In that case I still feel that this classifies as personal use and the spirit of the law is against unlicensed mass-distribution. While a lawyer may be technically able to hunt you down for making a copy of a VHS dub, there is no way they would because a single copy that a Soxtalker paid for a blank tape and to have said tape shipped is not worth the effort. If you don't want to help the guy out, don't, but blowing the anti-piracy whistle is excessive. Thanks for the lecture. When you have a website feel free to break all of the laws that you like, meanwhile I think I can handle things.- The media's take on bloggers
- Soxtalk's March to a Million
Seeing as we are now only about 6500 posts away from a million, this is as good of a time as any to open this thread back up.- Olbermann and MSNBC being smart.
QUOTE(WCSox @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 02:08 PM) I suppose I underestimated how incredibly stupid some people are. How to make friends and influence people in two easy days.- Tropical Storm Zeta.
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 02:04 PM) Doesn't Flaxx need to like do a naked triple sow cow while wearing a funky fruit hat with the formation of Zeta? :puke :headshake :puke :puke :puke Sorry.- 2006 Attendance Figures
QUOTE(SoxFanInDallas @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 01:56 PM) 40,615 to be exact....per the website. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...lpark/index.jsp I was a little high with my original estimate. Lots of the regular season includes free tickets to the games. People who redeem things like vouchers from the team, games lost to rain delays, and the free UD tickets that get given away. Those don't count in that number, because it is paid attendance only. That's why we never see that 40,615 number, except in the post season.- Can Tejada be a reality?
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 01:42 PM) And we all know how fun that was in 2004. Neal 2k6>>>>>>>>>>Neal 2k4. I have no doubt if Neal went into spring training as a starter, he would be solid at it. I also believe Neal could give a team 60-75 pitches if needed in a spot start, and do a pretty damned good job of it. What I don't see is Ozzie losing his only lefty for 4-5 days, when he could just call up someone from the minors to suck up the innings, and leave the rest of his team in tact for those same 4-5 days.- Can Tejada be a reality?
QUOTE(Damen @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 01:27 PM) It's a risk I'm willing to take. I think Bajenaru should be ready to enter the majors this year in the pen, and if there's an injury to the SP, you could always move Cotts into the rotation for a few spot starts. And, again, you are increasing the offense the team will be able to generate. We aren't just losing Contreras, we are gaining an elite SS - both at the plate and in the field. Cotts will not be an option to spot start as the team stands now. We have ZERO other MLB LHPs in the pen, and we all know how Ozzie likes to use the lefty on lefty match up. If we had Bmac already in the starting 5, we would dip into the minors for the prospect du jour for a couple of starts.- Can Tejada be a reality?
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 01:13 PM) I'd consider seeing the White Sox winning the World Series AND the Bears winning the Super Bowl in the same year to be pretty unthinkable if you ask me. Hell 9 months ago I thought the Sox winning the World Series was pretty unthinkable... All bets are off now.- 2006 Attendance Figures
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 12:56 PM) Which means that for us to hit 3 million, we'd have to be near capacity at almost every single game - if we have to average 37,000+ and our capacity is 39,000, then you need 1 sellout for every game that you have a crowd of 35,000 fans, or you won't make it. 3 million just seems too high for us right now...I just can't see us selling out enough ballgames and drawing in enough big crowds during winter/after school restarts for games against K.C. or Tampa Bay. I think something like 2.7 million is more realistic. That would put us at 35k a night, and give room for a few bad draws to go along with the sellouts that should come down the pipeline.- 2006 Attendance Figures
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 12:22 PM) Game 1 of the WS---41,206 Game 2---41,432 Game 1 of the ALCS---40,659 Game 2----41,013 Game 1 of the DS---40,717 Game 2---40,799 http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb..._day_by_day.jsp A lot of that is because they sold areas like the PSB and the Patio as regular tickets instead of add ons. The regular season capacity is more like 39k.- New Year Resolutions
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 12:20 PM) I'm lookin for a roommate ya know. Hey I used to watch this show on NBC - Iran President: Israel Completed Holocaust