Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:04 PM) Any updates Bull?? I talked to Bull a couple of weeks ago via PM actually. If you are interested in his progress, he had an MRI after the season he was afraid would reveal the need for Tommy John, which it did not. It did reveal bone spurs but he has been working to fix his throwing motion a little bit so that there wouldn't be as much stress on it anymore. He also said that in under 10 throwing sessions that his arm strength has really come back and he is very close to throwing at 100% of his healthy velocity. He is also very excited with the trade of Damaso Marte meaning that only Arnie Munoz and Paulino Reynoso stand between him and a spot in the Chicago White Sox bullpen. I don't know if Jim has anything else to add, but I figured I would chip in what I knew from the mouth of the Bull so to speak
  2. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 01:10 PM) Where did you hear that @? The Pope was declared dead by the 24 hour news networks at least 1 or 2 times in the week running up to his death, so could you give us a source? Good old Al Jazerra is reporting it. http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?catid=1...wsid=79999&ch=0
  3. QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 11:12 AM) Not really...but we love you anyway Aw you sure know how to make a guy feel special...
  4. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 10:11 AM) I thought the season ticket base was under 23,000, and the park holds over 40,000. According to this, "1/24 is when full season ticket holders get to buy them, 1/25 split season ticket holders can, 1/27 general public can", the extra tickets available haven't even been sold yet. So where the heck are almost 20,000 tickets?? It all is very confusing to me....hopefully Brooks can at least shed some light on it. Now I get where you are coming from... One assumption you are making is false, and that is that all partial season ticket plans are evenly divided so that for example of the 1/4 season ticket plans only 1 in 4 actually has season tickets or for a half season plan only one of the 2 has openning day tix, etc. Many of these packages have prime games that are inordinate for their level of committment of games as an enticement for buying the tickets. If only one partial plan included the opener, then that plan would sell more than the rest which would throw the whole point of partial plans out the window, which is to provide balance and stability to daily attendance. Hopefully that makes sense.
  5. I think the respect the mods/admins have for everyone involved and their posting habits on this site is the reason that this isn't as cut and dried as a lot of our discussions. Usually it is pretty easy to decide what to do with a problem, but this time it is a little more muddy. Plus it isn't as much just this one incident, as what we decide here kinda shapes how we handle all of the future incidents of this nature on this particular board.
  6. QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 08:27 AM) The only reason Prior voided that year is to become arbitration-eligible. He stands to make a LOT more money that way. That's why he did it. He would have done it last year (and rightfully so) but he was just short of the time in the majors needed to do so.
  7. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 09:54 AM) maybe I'm missing something then....if tickets haven't gone on sale yet...how is it sold out? All of the season ticket requests, including partial plans, plus extra requests from season ticketholders have demolished any supply of tickets that did exsist.
  8. http://futures.fxstreet.com/Futures/news/a...-f05e0f08-27895
  9. I was glad to see he was back, but I can't believe some of the emails he got. The guy is going out of his way to provide some really cool info, and all people can do is abuse him. Ingrates.
  10. Actually I hate to put this on hold, but basically we are trying to decide for ourselves what we want to do here... The whole point of this board was to let all of the mindless crap that had infected SLaP go somewhere else, and that we could let people basically be idiots if they felt the overwealming need, and the implicit agreement was that if you were posting there, you know what you could read there, and we wouldn't have to babysit. Basically we are discussing if there still needs to be a line, and what crosses it... Stay tuned for further developments.
  11. Just a thought after that game... Where does that TE from Texas rate...Thomas I think his name was? Is he a possibility for the Bears?
  12. Hey guys, could you possibly be a little more original and a little less narrowminded as to the cubfans=gay jokes?
  13. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:28 AM) The mining company wouldn't comment actually from what I've read about the story. And the news net headlines were "Report: Miners Alive" until the Governor "confirmed the rumor." When you have the Governor on the scene saying they're alive, and its corroborating my first report, I'm taking it as confirmed. Shouldn't it throw up red flags when the ONE group who can confirm or deny something, doesn't?
  14. They were saying this morning on WBBM AM that it was his left brain functions that were affected and he would very likely never return to politics. I pray for him and his family, not to mention the Palestians and Israelis through this process.
  15. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 04:00 PM) I'll take plain old Applebee's Sirloin steak any day of the week, month, year, centure, millenium... QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 04:04 PM) LMFAO! I know - you haven't been out much... and that's cool... but dude, someone's got to get you out to a real steak joint. No joke, you need to get off of the Kids menu and get into a REAL stakehouse. Applebees is like the difference between Little Ceasars and Gino's East.
  16. QUOTE(daa84 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:18 PM) just a thought before it happens.....can we try to not make this a 25 page thread that contains one rumor and countless pages of pointless arguement? Not a chance.
  17. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:10 PM) That's some interesting cherry-picking of statistics. Contreras allowed more walks in 05 than Prior did in 03. Should I care? Beats the hell out of me. LMAO!!! You know what statistics get you? The BCS. The games are played on the field and that is what really matters.
  18. Dude, read the board!!! Its pinned right on top already
  19. QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:51 PM) potential aside.... which probably could be considered a wash, Prior is much more valuable to Baltimore with his age and ability to fill a few more seats. That being said, Uribe is an obvious upgrade over Perez, and Sweeney instead of Patterson, one would think that more than makes up for what was lost in the deal with the Cubs. He's not worth much if he is hurt as usual...
  20. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 02:43 PM) Personally, I do believe Iran is looking to build an atomic bomb, because it only makes sense that they should be trying like gangbusters to do so while the U.S. forces are completely tied down and worn out from fighting Iraq, and a bomb totally prevents them from being the next target (they could fund Hezbollah to their hearts content if they were protected by a few of those.) But on the other hand...my intuition is not proof. No document ever presented thus far has given any proof. This document does not give proof - it specifies no sources or methods, there was clearly no danger in its release, and its release serves a clearly political purpose for those out there who advocate strikes against Iran. While Iran having a bomb program makes logical sense to me, I don't feel you can jump to the conclusion that they have one based solely on the evidence we have been presented. All I'm saying with that post is that just because some leak says so doesn't mean that there isn't some motivation behind why we got that particular leak. We should have learned that lesson well with Iraq. So you're saying we shouldn't believe anyone's intelligence anymore because it was wrong with Iraq? I thought that there was tons of evidence out there to back up what you have been saying about that intelligence being wrong anyways, does that exsist in this case? Or is there just conjecture at this point? All I have seen is reports saying they are running a covert program, and Iran denying it. I haven't seen anything actually disputing any of the reports yet.
  21. QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:34 PM) honestly, after the amazingly exciting bowl season we've had this year, I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a dud. I don't know who will win, but I get the feeling it will be a blow out too.
  22. Thanks, but no thanks. The Sox are not a in a place where they need to pay even market value to trade Contreras... And with the dearth of good pitching in baseball, the Sox just need to wait for someone to get desparate and then rape them.
  23. Well hopefully we can come to something with Crede, but I am not holding my breath. It still would not surprise me to see a deal involving Contreras for a 3B, reliever, and prospects.
  24. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:28 PM) lets give some reasoning behind it Reasoning behind your favorite steak? It tastes better I want to try the Chop House, but never have... Out of where I have been I like Capial Grille and Ruth Chris's a lot.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.