southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Does your Church make you feel like this?
QUOTE(WCSox @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 03:43 PM) Of course, you forgot about the post that started it... :rolly W&O also didn't claim that he wasn't trying to be better than anyone else either. Those are some awful condesending posts for someone who isn't trying to be holier than thou. Its a delicious irony to say the least.
-
Your thoughts/opinions on Avatars
QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 03:39 PM) You must have a s***ty internet connection for avatars to slow you down. Everything i have ever been on was fine except for dial-up. Comcast works especially well... but the cable sucks balls. That's the funny thing. My internet connection supports a stock exchange. It is probably better than anything anyone else on here has.
-
Does your Church make you feel like this?
QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 03:38 PM) You don't have to go to church to believe in God. I can pray to and worship whoever I want in my own home just as well as I could in a church. Plus it's free. Besides even the bible saids "Where two or more are gathered in my name, I am there."
-
Does your Church make you feel like this?
QUOTE(WCSox @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 03:32 PM) Yeah, I'm a real bastard for trying to argue that divine justice is an effective deterrent of immoral behavior. Damn me! Nobody's claiming to be holier than anybody. :headshake Yeah, I can see how you aren't claiming to be better than anyone, Mercy!
-
Your thoughts/opinions on Avatars
QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 03:30 PM) Mine isn't wearing any clothes. Your new Republican accepted avatar, sir.
-
Worst Films of 2005
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 02:54 PM) Eh, it had it's moments, but was nowhere near as great as Rushmore. But I'd take Aquatic over the copycat crap that is Napolean Dynamite anyday of the friggin' week. I was beginning to think I was the only one who though NP sucked.
-
The Milky Way is warped
Damned interloping galaxies http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/01/10/s...reut/index.html
-
Pens @ Hawks on TV
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 02:40 PM) Its been said his Son wants to televise home games. But is now hand cuffed by his fathers principles. Oh, and Yawney needs to be fired, the guy is a horrible coach. Agreed on both counts. I have seen the TV rumors, and I also think Yawney is just terrible. There are way too many fundimentals that just are not happening. Its like watching the Cubs on ice.
-
Does your Church make you feel like this?
QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 02:17 PM) Central and South America(and much of Africa for that matter) are populated primarily by uneducated, unsophisticated people that would believe in anything someone with a sandwich and sentiments of hope tells them to believe in. The only figures that matter are those taken from mostly developed countries. No offense, but wow is that arrogant.
-
Sutter to the HOF
FINALLY. Gossage and Rice should have gone in as well, so now they are going to have to sit out a class or two before they have a chance again.
-
Explain your Screen Name?
QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:58 PM) lol shucks I wish I would've seen it. Those boards are Bush League compared to this one though. I remember those guys always used to complain about soxtalk and when soxtalk passed the ESPN White Sox board in total posts everyone was pissed off. I laughed about it and had to check out soxtalk but I didn't become a member for a longtime. My favorite poster there was Bridgeport Joe and Chisox361 always made me laugh. I haven't seen either of them over there for a long time now. Yeah, BPJ and Rdivaldi were two of my favorites that never moved over here. But this is definately a WAY better place, with way better posters.
-
Explain your Screen Name?
QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:48 PM) What was the great phone call of 2001? I came around in late 2002 or early 2003 so that was before my time. ESPN screwed up and put the phone number to a confrence call out in public in one of their wire reports. A BUNCH of people got a hold of the number and "joined" in on the call. It was freaking hysterical.
-
Fat Tire available in Chicago
The Billy Goat on Wells had a sign for Flat Tire, FWIW.
-
The President will be across the street today...
QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:18 PM) if this was when the motorcade pulled out I was standing right next to you... and what do you suppose was inside that large black truck that was parked on Lasalle, facing north, that fell in behind the SUV with the antenna's??? I was down there around 11am or so when they pulled in, but I saw that same truck that you saw. The communications on that thing have to be insane. The anntanae were huge and thick. That had to be somekind of satillite equiptment, to go along with some well armed Secret Service guys. Some musicians, athletes, actors, etc think they have an entourage, they don't have s***. They need to see how the Pres rolls.
-
Explain your Screen Name?
QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:13 PM) Don't forget that for a long time he refused to tell us who "his" team was because then the arguements would just degenerate into "your team sucks more". He's a D-Backs fan. Never compared to Supertroll though. He was probably the final straw for everyone to flee the boards. Remember "Sox Suck Indians Rule!" 10000 times? Ah yes the good old days Good old supertroll was the main guy who started the KerryWood>MarkBuehrle crap too. I wonder where he is now... Bagging groceries or handing out carts?
-
Your thoughts/opinions on Avatars
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:08 PM) So ya don't like mine??? They usually bog down my work computer... Too much crap on our network.
-
Firefox Extension for Soxtalk
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:02 PM) Soxtalk The World's Largest White Sox On-line Community Aren't we #1 in total posts? I don't know what ESPN and whitesox.com's numbers look like, but we did pass WSI for total posts during the summer. They do still have more members however.
-
Explain your Screen Name?
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 11:57 AM) Who is this Boog fellow? Has he trolled here too? Any greatest hits? He was a troll on the ESPN boards who stole an Indians fan name and used to tell Sox fans how bad the team was. He claimed to be our "realist" which was code for he liked to revel in our teams failures and then rub it in our faces. He tried registering here under a couple of different names, but got banned in a heartbeat when he would pop up. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 12:19 PM) Actually he seemed to have died since the World Series win. Veeky/ESPN john shows up from time to time. They have mods now, the one of the whitesox board is rdivaldi I think. FYI Espnjohn did follow us over here. He posts as Juggernaut. Also I know for a fact that Veeky wasn't Juggs, it was someone from here, but completely different.
-
Explain your Screen Name?
QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 11:16 AM) I was raised on the Southside of Chicago, I am Irish and the 71 is my birth year. I have been using this handle on message boards since 2000 when I broke my whitesox message board cherry with ESPN. After dealing with sensless cub trolls and the king of trolls Boog I found my way like a lot of ex-ESPN'ers to the hallowed grounds of soxtalk. ^^ That's almost exactly how I got here... I wonder if Boog has had the balls to show his face for the last 4 months?
-
Crazy Sale at mlb.com
Very good sales... Hoodies for $30, T-Shirts for $10. Now is the time to fill your closet!
-
Fat Tire available in Chicago
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 10:07 AM) Shiner Bock IS here. I saw it at the Paulina Food & Liquor and Armitage and Damen not too long ago. I'd have to check to see if they still have it. WHA??? Oh HELLS yes!!!!
-
Explain your Screen Name?
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:50 AM) Like all Latino Americans who refuse to learn the English language, I feel that all of SoxTalk should cater to me. Go figure out what my name means then change all of your screen names to Spanish so that I know what they mean. Well played.
-
Bush declares this forum illegal
I guess this is time for me to cut a deal and send my pal GW all of the liberals IP information, huh?
-
Explain your Screen Name?
3rd generation of southside fans here. Both sides of my family lived in Chicago's southside for generations, so being born and raising in Michigan City makes me not quite a real southsider, but I bleed like I have live there all of my life.
-
Your thoughts/opinions on Avatars
I like them except for the vid avys. They break up the reading and give a reflection of personalities that can be hard to gleen off of the black and white of a persons postings.