Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
US economy "stronger than people think"
QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 01:22 PM) Dow is at 11,000 I can't begin to say how important, both from a technical and a mental standpoint, it is for the Dow to close above 11,000.
-
Worst Films of 2005
QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 01:22 PM) War of the Worlds was definately dissapointed and it was the worst movie I saw of 2005. The boy goes off on a death mission and everyone is dying but he managed to live somehow along with Tom Cruise and his daughter, make it real please. That was the way the book was written.
-
US economy "stronger than people think"
QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 12:58 PM) all i know is what i heard this morning on CNBC. Personal Income rose 3.1% for 2005 Inflation rose 3.5% for 2005 Net loss to consumer 0.4%. AND... the inflation rate does not include gas/utility prices and housing prices.Imagine the bloodbath if they did. But I keep getting told how housing prices are putting money into peoples pockets and are singlehandedly pushing this extended recovery? How can housing prices be both good and bad when fitting for an arguement.
-
What I did this weekend
Got to see my baby girl discover her feet, and start to reach for stuff.
-
Name Change? Anything else needed?
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 10:42 PM) Can you change my title to "Millionth Post Man?" B) I know, I know. :rolly Leaving the Buehrle fans? Watch your back for Aboz
-
US economy "stronger than people think"
- Buerhle says no to WBC
QUOTE(JimJab @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 12:09 AM) Back in 2001, when I really got into baseball, all I heard people talk about was Kerry Wood. So far I haven't seen Kerry Wood do anything, except up and down seasons. The same goes for Mark Prior. As for Mark Buerhle, I think he made a good decision. He'll be well rested for the start of the season and be back again to lead us to another WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! Ah yes, I remember the old Buehrle>Wood arguements from back in the day... I wonder if those idiots still are hiding after those solid predictions?- The Score pitches Ozzie Jr. as baseball talk host
QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 08:47 PM) NO you are correct, its just we as a nation have become so PC we can't spreak the truth anymore. I have no problem with any ethnic background, I would make the same fuss if there was a Polish speaking show on the Score. Also I am planning to move to Germany.. so I am learning German, not expecting them to cater to me.. That is what Eupopeans hate about us.. Yet Latinos are expecting this now because they came here in droves. This is a touchy subject because most can't face the reality of the situation, it easy to throw around the racist label when they fail to understand the problem. The irony is that most Europeans speak more than one of the languages that are spoke on their continent. They aren't arrogant enough to believe that the rest of the world should learn their particular language.- The Score pitches Ozzie Jr. as baseball talk host
QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 6, 2006 -> 05:20 PM) No its about catering to a small group of the population that refuses to learn american customs..We contuine to cater to spanish speaking people, while every other ethnic background is thrown to the side.. Irish,Italians and Polish Imigrants helped build Chicago into the great city that it is..And they had to learn the Langauage as well as kept their own. They recieved no speaical treatment.. why should spanish speaking people? If your going to cater to one group you have to cater to all..Otherwise that is racist, there is no way around it. This isn't special treatment at all. Racism is EXCLUDING a group based on race. All this is doing is giving Spanish speakers another entertianment outlet. In the US they have the freedom to broadcast in any language they would like. You want racism we can talk about somewhere like France or Quebec where they actually have laws the regulate what words can go on signs, how big they can be, and which language gets the marquee. English isn't the official language of the US as much as people would like to think it is. There is nothing to stop anyone of any group from putting on a show that identifies with a particular group, it happens everyday. If what you believe is true, we have a whole lot of stuff to shutdown. Things like Spike, ESPN, Foxsports, comcast sports etc (male), Oxygen, Lifetime (female), Bravo (Gay), Telemundo (spanish) etc are all geared towards one particular group of people. Does that mean they are all racist too? QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 11:22 AM) Very simple (i am not trying to be racist here), but all those others actually LEARN english when they come to America! A great majority of first generation immigrants speak little to no English. We are a nation of immigrants and our history proves that it is the second and third generations of migrants that make the switch over to the native tongue. For many older adults they don't posess the learning skills needed to adequately learn a new language, as most of those creative skills are most prevelant the younger you are. As you get older the ability to learn language deteriorates. Look it up, its fact. It has nothing to do with being lazy or stupid, it has everything to do with the human body. And as I eluded to earlier, no one is under any obligation in the US to learn English. We don't employ language nazis to ensure the purity of the language. In the US we have historically embrace immigrants, and you don't have to look any further than the amount of forgein works that are used in the English language.- PET SAFETY ALERT!!!!
Anyone with Diamond dog/cat food, read this article. At least 76 Dogs have died from bad dog food. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10771943/- The President will be across the street today...
A cute antecdote from the visit...- Frank Thomas in Rotoworld
QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 11:18 AM) I read in the paper today that of Frank's last 150 homers, 111 came at the Cell. That would be a concern to me if I was a GM in a pitcher's park like Oakland's. I saw that as well. I think it makes him a canditate for a big and quick decline depending on what his next team is. Choosing a place like Oakland could speed him out of the game.- What I did this weekend
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 09:06 AM) It probably saved her, maybe not that day, but later in life. ^ Don't feel a second of guilt, you might have just saved that kids life.- Chicago
They can, But I don't see them beating Seattle or Washington even if they beat Carolina again, who looked like a totally different team than the one they beat earlier this year.- Pens @ Hawks on TV
QUOTE(soxman352000 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 01:30 AM) Finally, I have longed to see a home game be broadcast. I hope the next owner of the Hawks wises up and puts all of the games on T.V. Wirtz has a son who is going to take over right? fwiw, the next Hawks owners are going to be Wirtz's kids...- Say one thing about the poster before you
QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 09:06 AM) "Don't mess with Texsox" Joined Soxtalk the same day as I did...- I could buy your cell phone records for $110
QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 03:01 PM) haha, I'll give you my cell phone records: 1-3-06 7:30 AM From Miss PA 1-3-06 8:31 AM From Miss PA 1-3-06 9:37 AM From Miss PA 1-3-06 10:23 AM From Miss PA 1-3-06 11:53 AM From Miss PA 1-3-06 12:10 PM To Miss PA 1-3-06 1:15 PM From Miss PA 1-3-06 5:44 PM From Miss PA 1-3-06 7:45 PM From Miss PA 1-3-06 10:31 PM To Miss PA 1-4-06 7:30 AM From Miss PA 1-4-06 8:31 AM From Miss PA 1-4-06 9:37 AM From Miss PA 1-4-06 10:23 AM From Miss PA Why did you leave out all of the 900 numbers?- Say one thing about the poster before you
QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 08:23 AM) Thinks ... occasionally Part of the Kentucky Soxtalk crew- Lie #6483
QUOTE(S720 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 09:36 AM) It's not the matter of how much money he had raised in that campaign. It's the fact that everytime this administration gets caught on something negative, it seems like Bush always doesn't know anyone involved. If it's something positive for his administration, he WILL be the first person who will come out and acknowledge it. He's the President of course he is "invovled" in everything. Eight years ago we were told that wasn't enough to tie him to anything... Remember when Bill Clinton was photographed with key players in the Chinese fund raising scandal, and met with people like Johnny Chung almost 50 times, but that wasn't enough to implicate him in anything. Now Bush meets with the guy a couple of times, and that IS enough to tie him to it? Laughable. Like I said, I almost hope that a democrat is elected to the Presidency just so I can watch the criticism of the President go back to being a "vast right wing conspiracy" instead of "Patriotic". The hypocracy knows no bounds.- Soxtalk's March to a Million
QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 06:30 PM) pricks? :headshake nice moderating... I didn't think it needed green because of the OBVIOUSNESS- Soxtalk's March to a Million
QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 06:22 PM) what's going on?? Thanks to you and Flash for making this REAL easy, pricks It was Santo=Dorf. I counted back the deleted posts and compared that with the last code#.- Soxtalk's March to a Million
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 06:19 PM) So did I, and Ranger had the post. f*** it. Let's give it to Mr. Eye cause of the people messing around. Damn it now I have to go back to the code and count posts.... hold on.- Soxtalk's March to a Million
Flash quit deleting posts you smart ass!!!!- Soxtalk's March to a Million
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 06:14 PM) Rangercal got it. With this. I know I would not want that pos on the bears I watched the screen. When it hit one million, Santo had the newest post.- Soxtalk's March to a Million
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 06:13 PM) Did I get it? That was the millionth post - Buerhle says no to WBC