Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Screw all you guys, I am going to be rich!!!
-
Eminent Domain considered for 6000 people
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20051003-122623-2136r.htm
-
Student commits suicide bombing at OU game
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/03/oklahoma....n.ap/index.html
-
Bush's nomination for Supreme Court announced
- Happy Birthday IlliniKrush
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 01:09 PM) Happy Birthday Brian. Hopefully we'll all be tailgating in a few weeks at the world series And dbaho...take note of the name I used in this post Wow that has to be embarassing... corrected by Jason- Financial District/Downtown workers...
I don't get off until 3:30 FWIW, so I won't be down until at least 3:40 or so.- 25 Man Roster set
Ozuna, Everett, and Harris all can play OF if needed.- Congratulations to PTC and fantasy leaguers
Final standings for Pick to Click, contest was won by Yoda who won an autographed mini-helment signed by an assortment of White Sox players. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38522 Mathew won League One, Latino Heat won League Five, Rancheros won League Eight... Still waiting to hear about the other leagues. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40810- O'Hare expansion approved, halted
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TRAVEL/10/03/ohare...n.ap/index.html- Any Chance for a wallpaper
QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 12:55 PM) I get lucky once and awhile... Maybe if you got lucky a little less often, you'd have more time for Soxtalk... like me and Gage- Financial District/Downtown workers...
QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 12:18 PM) Just got off the phone with Alcock's -- The woman told me that they normally dont reserve tables but that she didnt think we would have an issue. I pressed and tried to get her to set something aside for us and she said that she would talk to the powers that be and get back to me ASAP. Good deal. Thanks for the update- Congrats to the Soxtalk fantasy baseball champs
Go ahead and give the props to your league here! League One was won by Canada's own Mathew over Wite's team. I managed to sneak in and take 3rd place. Start to look in this same board in about mid February for leagues starting to form again. Congrats to all, and thanks for another fun season, as this marks the end of our 3rd year of Soxtalk fantasy baseball- interesting
Hmmm I guess spending $208 million doesn't violate some kind of a code does it? :rolly STFU New York.- 25 Man Roster set
QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:25 AM) Well, considering he just started, he wouldn't be available to pitch until game 2 or even 3 of the series. If we make it to the ALCS, he'll be on the squad. You took the words out of my mouth. Brandon going 100+ pitches made the decesion a lot easier for Ozzie and Kenny. I hate to see BMac get left off of the squad, but you need relievers you can use, and Brandon wasn't going to pitch until at least Game 3.- I'm so sick of hearing 15 to 1 1/2
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 10:18 AM) Im curious as to who the "failing, Mike Royko wannabe at the Tribune" is. Mariotti just loves to make new friends, thats for sure. Its a slap at Chicago's most famous Sox fan media member and the best writer in this whole damned town, John Kass.- I'm so sick of hearing 15 to 1 1/2
QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 10:11 AM) The first guy to reply has the right idea....you want to see him go away? DON'T BUY THE SUN TIMES AND BOYCOTT HIS ARTICLES That's what I do. I never buy the Sun Times. If I read it, it is because someone left it on the train.- Catch-All Anything Thread
We made the first mortgage payment this weekend. A whopping $76.47 went towards the principle.- Bush's nomination for Supreme Court announced
Drudge is reporting that Miers gave money to Clinton and Gore's campaigns. Interesting. They are also posting this snippet- Financial District/Downtown workers...
QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 09:57 AM) No answer at Alcocks -- will try again in an hour or so IIRC they don't open until 11 am.- Financial District/Downtown workers...
QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 09:45 AM) I am fairly certain that we can call and get a table reserved -- lets just pick a place and I will call ASAP. Lets try Alcotts first then, as it seems the closest to the most people. Go ahead and call and see if we can get a table for about 6-8 people, as that seems like about what we can draw. Let us know what you find out.- Alan Trammell
NO suprize there... That team just flat out quit the last couple of months of the season. There is way too much talent there to finish 20 games under .500- Anyone else cheering for the Cubs?
This is a horrible playoffs for Cubs fans... The White Sox, Astros, and Cardinals are all in it... LMFAO!- Financial District/Downtown workers...
The biggest question to me is will someone be able to get to somewhere like Alcotts earlier enough to get a table?- Any Chance for a wallpaper
QUOTE(rangercal @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 01:31 AM) Seriously, Goldmember and Dep are the 2 best. It's not even Close AFTER THEM. They are equally great IMO That's exactly how I feel. Those two guys are incredible, and you can't go wrong either way. Also throw Ian in there when he gets time to do stuff.- Financial District/Downtown workers...
QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 09:18 AM) Miller's pub.... plenty of pictures of Bill Veeck and old comiskey on the walls... Where is that at, and how do the prices look? - Happy Birthday IlliniKrush