Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
White Sox Jersey Sale at Triple Threat
QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 11:32 AM) I think i'm gonna jump on one of these after i figure out who to put on the back of it. Brandon McCarthy... that is what I am having done at the fest. All though a Jeff Bajenaru would be cool points for Soxtalk reasons.
-
Famous White Sox Fans
QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 12:11 AM) the biggest celebrity to come out of chicago since jesus...... PORKCHOP is rooting SILVER AND BLACK! PCHOP NATION REJOICE! I'd rejoice a little more if someone ACTUALLY UPDATED THE BLOG
-
White Sox Jersey Sale at Triple Threat
Thanks JD. I am guessing with all of the people who lost out on ALCS tickets, there might be some extra money floating around...
-
Ticket Master and the ALCS
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 11:09 AM) Trust me, its not all brokers. I think the big problem was there was a server issue at Ticketmaster and for once it wasn't a server issue caused by me. I love a man who can laugh at himself... even while everybody else is too.
-
Chicago Marathon
I have never done it, but good luck
-
David Wells
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:35 PM) Well, you can look at it another way... some of the pitchers on the roster openly say Boomer taught them some great things when he was here. So, is that worth it if we go on to win it all? Mark Buehrle swears by Wells as his mentor.
-
Ticket Master and the ALCS
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:03 AM) I think the real reason I get pissed is all of the bandwagon jumpers who don't know Juan Uribe from Pablo Ozuna will be at the game while guys like myself, who can recite the Bristol pitching rotation in my sleep, will be stuck at home watching Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.... Get my drift. I totally understand that. Too bad Soxtalk isn't in charge of ticket sales, we could come up with an awesome purity/Sox IQ test for ticket buyers.
-
Ticket Master and the ALCS
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 08:55 AM) Put tickets on sale at the box office. Give me a good reason this can't be done. Two good reasons. -MLB controls the rights to all post season tickets that don't go to season ticketholders. -MLB has an exclusive contract with ticketmaster to sell any of its post season tickets.
-
Ticket Master and the ALCS
You guys bothering Brooks and Scott about this stuff are barking up the wrong tree. These guys don't have even a miniscule say in the procedures for ticket sales. MLB dictates everything when it comes to playoff baseball tickets. EVERYTHING. They are the ones who decide who is going to distribute tickets. You all need to be writing MLB and ticketmaster, not the White Sox. All you are doing is truely wasting their time for stuff they could be actually doing for Sox fans.
-
Another Manager Bites The Dust...
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 08:23 PM) Yeah, he's a damn good guy, just like Giambi. I can't wait until Juan Rincon wins the delivery man of the year award and Ryan Franklin wins the Cy Young. They're good guys, I bet. Why would you ever put Jerry Manuel in that group of guys?
-
All this talk about tickets and memorabilia lately
We actually have been discussing a little bigger idea than that, that would include your idea. Conceptually it would be a section of the board complete dedicated to Soxtalk and its posters. It would include the section that we have been talking about here (ticketswap, autographs, memorabilia etc), the Hall of Fame, a history section, the Soxtalk store/donations area, and anything else we could think of. How does that sound to people?
-
Hurricane Katrina
Hyatt anyone? Hilton kicking out Katrina victims.
-
Threat to New York Subway.
The key is to be just vague enough to be able to claim credit for telling us, but not to be to specific as to upset people. These warnings are worthless in general. I see the little things they have done in Chicago to "protect" public transit, and believe me, it would only take a halfhearted effort to kill a lot of people. I fully expect something like this to happen, sooner than later, and the same crap fingerpointing to get done as usual.
-
Spanish Flu recreated by scientists
http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/...c.ap/index.html
-
Harry Potter is Gay?!?!?
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/10/06/pott...reut/index.html
-
The Pride of the South Side
QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:01 PM) I asked about the "Runaround Sue" thin yesterday in another topic. Do they still do that? I haven't heard it since I was a kid, that I can remember.
-
2006 White Sox marketing slogan
QUOTE(southsider17 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:10 PM) I like "Victory Lap"! I hope we can use it. Me too. That's sharp.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:06 PM) That's original. Yeah, yeah, I save all my good material for the blogs. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:10 PM) A few what? Cows?? Jealous? QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:10 PM) Around xmas time most likely Good deal, get ahold of me when you do. You'll have to stop by and see the new baby and place.
-
2005 is not 2004
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:58 PM) It's hard to just ignore 3 games. Not when we were playing without some key personel. When we were full strength we took 2 of 3 from them.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:55 PM) Someone needs to wake the country up. So much of our daily lives are at critical juncture and most people don't know and don't care. Sad, really. I can't argue with you there... So when are you returning to the craphole by the Lake again, so we can tip a few?
-
The Pride of the South Side
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:39 PM) I really cant remember hearing a a song after a homerun. I thought the crowd was singing it for sure. I guess I never paid attention to it. Oh you youngin's need some history lessons... :headshake The "Kiss Him Goodbye" tradition dates back to the 1977 South Side Hitmen team when Nancy Foust started playing that song during a key series against a rival (I wanna say KC) during the pennant race. The crowd responded and went nuts singing it at the top of their lungs after every HR. As a matter of a fact for a long time Nancy used to play "Runaround Sue" after a pitching change, while it has always been Steam for a Sox HR. It still gets played today, except she only plays the chorus through once, instead of repeatedly like she does for a huge HR.
-
Search
It was a mass of search spiders that hit the site all at once. It was just a wierd coincidence. I think the record is somewhere around 275-300 people
-
All this talk about tickets and memorabilia lately
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:00 PM) I really like this idea. Ebay has some big downsides, this would really centralize the whole thing and would be a great place to find Chicago stuff. Plus no Ebay fees.
-
All this talk about tickets and memorabilia lately
yeah that is fine. Now the rest of it could be cool. It would be a neat place to sell autographs, memorablilia, give aways etc.
-
All this talk about tickets and memorabilia lately
The only hang up would be no tickets could be listed above face value because of ticketscalping laws.