Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I went last night, and I just want to say that I have never been to a professional sporting even that was close to as incredible as that was last night. That was the highlight of my fandom. Wow.
  2. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:39 PM) It might have been the right call, its still hard to tell, but he signaled out. That's the problem. I am so happy he did call it a trap.I think Buerhle was going back out in the 10th and I had visions of Britt Burns and Tito Landrum back in 1983. That game featured a baserunning blunder just like this one. What did the replay show when Crede was doubled up? It really didn't matter, Pods would have had to drive him in, and I think we all know that wasn't happening. I am glad I wasn't the only one who had the horrors of Tito Landrum dancing in my head
  3. QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 12:37 AM) by the way - i was so f***ing stoked when they played "holding out for a hero" i was like "SOXTALK! RALLY CREDE!" it got me sooo pumped! Even funnier was at the game they showed these two drunk ass frat boys who were doing the running in place thing just like they did in the original movie it was in.
  4. So he was better off dead, than to ask Reinsdorf for tickets?
  5. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 04:37 PM) Us bunch of liberal idiots who have nothing better to do then spaghetti monsters and spam SOXTALK. Hey, I take my spamming seriously.
  6. Does anyone still need further proof? BOW DOWN TO THE RALLY CREDE!!! :notworthy Accept the Rally Crede as your avatar and be saved, or burn with the rest of the heathens!
  7. I really look forward to reading Scott's blog when I can. I love the inside view that he brings. It is totally unique.
  8. All righty guys, I am outta here, headed down the Red Line for my first ever ALCS baseball game. Hold down the fort and lets get us a White Sox Winner!!! I have the camera with me, so as long as the rain holds off I should get some good pictures.
  9. Hey Knight, thanks again for this thread. There are some awesome pictures in here, and I saved a bunch to my computer. I have the my pictures folder as my screen saver, and a bunch of these pictures are on it, which always makes me smile when I see them. This one is for you
  10. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Like I said before. Aiding and abeting a felony. Pull their charitable charter with the IRS. They are officially a criminal organization in my book.
  11. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:34 PM) Whoever got your tix, You Da Man rd5!! Taking care of SoxTalk Family is awesome. Speaking of which, where is my Beatles stuff (just kidding)
  12. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:30 PM) Or floor traders. . . I Kid Because I Care® Or CEO's
  13. QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:19 PM) more money = more freebies given to cheap college kids by mike.......right? Hey I am all for it, if some really nice players give us autographs again
  14. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:40 PM) Nice Sig. :headshake Funny, if you mentioned soxtalk at WSI, you'd be banned in a minute by George Here, we don't mind, we love the comparison But I'm wondering, why are you posting here? The answer is probably the obvious, he got banned at WSI for something...
  15. QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:36 PM) Players failed to execute. If Ozzie puts calls for a bunt, and Pods can't come close to getting it down (then looks at strike 3), how is that a managerial error? Its not. The players just were not sharp last night. I don't know if it was the 3 days off, or the jitters, or what, but it just wasn't there. Tonight should be a different story.
  16. I lived in Houston for 3 years as a kid, so they are my 2nd favorite team. I'd like to see them advance, but the Machevellian in me doesn't really care.
  17. QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:25 PM) Do you need to bring a sign saying "Need a Single Ticket".. or is it best just to stand around and ask? I might decide to drive on over there, park along the Red Line, and take the train in.. depending on when I get out of work. If I can't get in, it'll take over an hour to get back home, and I don't wanna miss the first 5 innings. Can't make up my mind! :banghead You'll see plenty of people asking if you need tickets. Ask them for a single and what their price is. If they have them, never pay their first offer, and undercut it by a chunk to see what they come back with. If you don't like the price walkaway from them. The longer you are willing to wait, the more the prices will come down.
  18. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:25 PM) Shut up. There will be no whining or b****ing whatsoever. You want to whine and complain do it elsewhere. This team is a playoff team, thats won one round and got beat. They hit Byrd up later in the game and just had some hang wiff ems. And Crede sure didn't choke early in the game when he hammered a solo shot. Seriously, shut the f*** up. There's another game tomorrow and I'm not gonna deal with people jumping off ledges. My hero.
  19. QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:08 PM) What Ozzie needs to do is sit the fock every player and tell them once and for all that we will ONLY have 5 innings to score in every game. Because I am sure our players didn't realize how good the Angels bullpen is
  20. QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:07 AM) and you're still considering this "job"!?!!?! more money=more baseball tickets=all right! Giditty!!
  21. http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5663357.html
  22. Nice Story. to Nomar
  23. QUOTE(~~HighHeat45~~ @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:22 PM) The bunt dye put down on the first pitch in whatever inning was the the worst call all season. It made no sense at all and even if it somehow worked and he got on i still would be saying that. There is no way that was called from the bench. That was all Dye.
  24. FYI, the Trib is reporting Barak Obama will throw out the first pitch tonight. I haven't seen anything about the anthem singer.
  25. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:17 AM) I hear ya SSI, but IMO that's a lame crowd. It's easy to cheer when the team is up, the team NEEDS the support when it's trailing. Exactly. Its easy to wait until things are good to cheer. Its just like waiting until the team wins to get on the bandwagon IMO. Its lame.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.