Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Randar68 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 09:33 AM) BTW, it is this type of reasoning that I used to determine it would be economically feasible to acquire a Thome/Delgado/Helton/Giles in addition to Furcal and resigning Pauly... Again, wouldn't an offseason like that simply electrify this city? This team is primed for a huge bounce in Chicago. Regardless of if they win the ALCS or not, they have a big boost coming in the payroll department. If they make a big named spash in the off season, in addition to their 2005 success, they could be in excellent shape to take back Chicago from the Cubs.
  2. QUOTE(3E8 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 09:00 PM) Nice chart. Thanks for the back up. Also I believe the dollar for dollar amounts correlate even closer than the percentages do. The previous year's profit/loss in total dollars, is almost almost identical to the next years payroll increase/decrease.
  3. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 09:18 AM) Gracias, don't you think that they should all be selling them since it's through ticketmaster? Some events are region restricted, only certian outlets can sell the tickets. It is supposed to prevent scalping as what would a ticketmaster outlet in San Diego theoretically need with White Sox world series tickets? I know there are exceptions, but ticketbastard must think it works. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 09:19 AM) Thx for the info. Are there states further away that might be selling them? I ask because with the Cardinals being in the mix, you will have their fans also hitting up the Midwest locations for tickets to games at the Cell. I have no idea which specific outlets will be selling. I put the closest ajoining states because if there are restrictions, I can't see any of these outlets being left out in the cold. Missouri might be selling tickets also, I would call their outlets and ask them on Tuesday morning if they will be selling them or not.
  4. OK here are some alternative phone numbers. I don't know what locations will be selling White Sox tickets, but here are the Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconson phone numbers to the individual ticketmaster outlets Indiana Customer Service Anderson/Muncie 765-644-3131 Bloomington 812-333-9955 Evansville 812-423-7222 Ft. Wayne 260-424-1811 Indianapolis 317-239-5151 Lafayette 765-743-5151 South Bend 219-272-7979 Terre Haute 812-234-2424 Illinois Chicago 312-559-1212 Springfield 217-544-9400 Peoria 309-676-8700 Normal 309-454-5500 Champaign 217-351-2626 Danville 217-442-3434 Wisconson Appleton 920-731-5000 Green Bay 920-494-1414 Madison 608-255-4646 Milwaukee 414-276-4545
  5. QUOTE(mreye @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 09:07 AM) 3 computers and a phone? It's people like you... It hasn't worked for me yet Actually I am going to try to put together a bunch of off beat Ticketmaster numbers to try also. Forget trying Chicago, I am going to assemble some of the other numbers.
  6. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 09:03 AM) I think im going to try a different approach, and try the phone. My dad did it for the ALCS, and it worked. To be honest I am going to try both. Plus I have 3 computers I can use here at work.
  7. QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 07:52 PM) He could stay in Steve Bartman's old hose. Nobody lives there anymore. Or in Steve Bartman's seats at Wrigley... There is no one there either
  8. QUOTE(mreye @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 08:39 AM) "But it was on sale!" And the always quality, "But think about how much I saved you!"
  9. But its at zero percent hun...
  10. That was one of the many deafening songs that was sung at the top of everybody's lungs after the game last night. It is catching and an earworm to say the least. I have had it in my head ever since.
  11. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 08:06 AM) Customer "Wow, that is a great cut, and thank you for the advice on my dissociative fugue. Are you like a Psychologist/Hairdresser?" Soxy "Yes I am, I am America's new Super Hero" Reminds me of the Arrested Development episode where the one brother is a combination analyst/therapist or an analrapist
  12. There were a couple for me. I got offered a bunch of positions in broadcasting out of college, and I always wondered how those would have turned out. I didn't follow that route because it would have been minimum wage and way too many years of grief for me at that time. I also got a call for an interview to an entry level position with the White Sox two weeks after I started working on the trading floor, and couldn't take anytime off yet to go to an interview.
  13. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 05:37 PM) Oh great, now I don't have a clue what to believe about that letter. Could it have been a forgery? Sure, why not. We tried to justify an invasion with one. Could Zawahiri be panicking now that a letter got out? Sure, why not. Somehow, I doubt telling the truth is one of his biggest priorities. Especially since they are trained to lie to paint America in the worst possible light, such as claiming torture while under arrest etc. Who knows who to believe, but it doesn't surprise me that they are claiming a forgery even if it was true.
  14. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 03:18 PM) IF that's true, and a good part of me hopes it is...they will sit down and work this thing out a week after the season is over, and it'll turn out to be a fair deal for both sides. I feel fairly confident that KW doesn't want to endure another Ordonez style long-term negotiation and negative parting. It also puts a ton of pressure on Kenny to bring him back and make him a fair offer. They don't have the standard attendance excuses to fall back on anymore.
  15. I think the White Sox have the biggest statement to make tonight. They have had to sit and listen for two days to the national media b**** about how the White Sox stole that game from the Angels (nevermind the execution that came after that play vital to winning the game), and I think they want to make sure that they win the rest of these games to make sure there is no taint on the Sox victory. They want to be able to say clearly that they deserve this and no umpire gave it to them.
  16. QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 05:40 PM) I was also that and i can say, that was the best game i have EVER been to. QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 07:52 PM) I was also at the game, and still almost 24 hours later all i can keep on saying is "best f***en game ever" im still in shock i think and still speachless. that game was amazing Agree 100%. And I have been to TONS of big sporting events. This was #1 BY FAR!
  17. I don't know if anyone saw AJ on Jim Rome's show yesterday but it was priceless. At one point Rome is on his assinine rant about "there is no doubt that Paul caught the ball. It is one hundred percent clear, and there is no question in my mind." AJ looks at him and saids, "You're a So-Cal homer, of course you would say that." LMFAO
  18. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 06:48 PM) I'll be trying. Maybe some of us can work out some deals where if some get lucky we get 4 and cut them to other people who weren't so. I am going to try, but 4 tickets together might be harder to come by. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 07:43 PM) Do i even bother trying? Seriously? Hell yeah. We need every possible person, trying every possible way. We want to make sure that as many tickets as possible go to people who bleed for the White Sox, and not some coroporate shill who is there because it is cool. QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 08:00 PM) we both won the "right to purchase" cardinal world series tickets on saturday. Not exactly sure if that guarantees us anything, but we'll see. You might think of setting up a buy it now auction on EBay to sell the right to buy the tickets to a Cardinals fan. That might make you the cash needed to buy yourself world series tickets. That was why I tried for them, but I didn't win.
  19. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 03:15 PM) I could imagine the chairman spending $90 on a team that makes the world series. I can't imagine him topping triple digits. Not yet anyway. Just going off of the last 5 years or so, the profit/loss of a prior season, is about 95% responsible for the increase/decrease in the following seasons payroll. It has been almost uncanny. If you take the Forbes figures of PnL and the payrolls, it is a direct 1 to 1 correlation.
  20. QUOTE(Randar68 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 02:46 PM) If you'd like to now divert to the question of whether or not 85 million is realistic, that's an entirely different discussion. I am going to go out on a limb and say $85 million is the lowest that our 2006 payroll will be. With a 20% attendance increase, on top of a large ticket price increase, plus at least two playoff rounds, there is some cash to be spent. Don't doubt it for a minute. If we play one or two more LCS games at home, and make it to the World Series, we could realistically be looking at a $100 million payroll for 2006.
  21. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 02:46 PM) I'm also Soxtalk's most ruthless admin.... Psssht. Whateva. :sleep
  22. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/13/s...e.ap/index.html
  23. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 02:11 PM) I was wearing my 1919 road gray cap by the 9th inning. I had one by one tossed them aside, trying to find the correct rally cap. I forgot about the significance until Cheat's shop-job. What sucks is after we attract all the casual Cub fans to Cominsky, they'll take up collections to get poor Joe some shoes After all they bought Woo-woo some teeth...
  24. QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 02:08 PM) That little for those two guys? I keep hearing at least $10 mil for Paulie, and I doubt we could get Giles for only $5 mil. I was going more along the assumption of Pauly's contract already being factored into the payroll, so the only thing you would be looking at was his raise. (so about 3-4 million to get from 8 mil to 11/12 mil or so) The rest of the money would be to pay for the big time #4 hitter that people are trying to add.
  25. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 01:50 PM) LOL, was that actually in the paper or did someone just make that? Something tells me that was Cheat Photoshop special

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.