Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://www.nbc5.com/news/5123740/detail.ht...317&dppid=65192 Death toll is now up to 79,000 people.
  2. I am kinda surprised that Gload wasn't added, especially with as rested as the pen is, there really isn't a need for at least one of the relievers. Then again you have the extra hitter in the NLs park, because the DH will be on the bench instead of the game.
  3. Wow, this is a tough call. There are so many people who could do it, but so few chances. I would have to say Rich Daley in close call, but Billy Pierce would be my 1A choice. I guess it depends on if you want a face of Chicago, or a face of the Chicago White Sox.
  4. http://eurota.blogspot.com/2005/10/us-left...t-spending.html
  5. QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 10:00 AM) And Alsip, of course. Not to mention Tampa/St Pete, Denver, and Seattle...
  6. QUOTE(rangercal @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:43 AM) I would think michigan ave, no? That would make sense. I imagine they would end the parade at either Grant or Millenium Parks, so Michigan Ave would be logical.
  7. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:24 AM) Great article, but I wish I had the 5 min back I spent reading the next post. You read the whole thing? I made it about a paragraph...
  8. I am sure if the Sox win, there will also be a Grant Park rally to go with a parade.
  9. southsider2k5 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Wow, and the Yukitan Pennisula is about to get hammered.
  10. Sue companies for not collecting taxes on internet sales in Illinois.
  11. Twins in a heartbeat. Really I don't even mind the Twins as a fan. They play the game correctly, and they still manage to compete even with a miserly payroll. f*** the Cubs.
  12. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 07:39 AM) I would much rather watch a WS game on TV. I'd rather be at the game, no doubt. The air around the ALCS was incredibly electric, and I hate to miss it. But on the other hand, I knew I wasn't going to be able to get tickets. I am content with that.
  13. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 07:22 PM) Will they do it like they did this year, where you can only get them by buying some sort of partial ticket plan or winning a lottery (which was done during soxfest)??? With a big anticipated jump in season ticket sales, there might not be many left for a lottery. I guess we will see. On the bright side that should mean less Cub fans...
  14. Am I weird that I am not mad about not getting tickets? I knew I probably wasn't going to get them anyways, so why get mad? The Sox are in the World Series, and that is all I really care about. Sure I want to be there, but so did tons of other people, who all happened to have more money or better connections than I did. It happens, its life. I still get to watch my team on TV.
  15. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 07:26 PM) Technically she wouldn't be in the White House any more than she is now...she'd be in the VP Mansion, but she'd be the first one there as well. And it's not going to be a libel suit, because people are just reporting that they've heard rumors and no one is on the record. Split hairs if you like, but it would still be an important moment in history, even if it comes because of an indictment.
  16. I heard this on the train today. This ought to be really interesting. Either someone got the tip of the century, or a libel suit from hell. Either way it would be interesting to see both our first black, and our first woman in the White House, despite what some people think of her.
  17. Congrats to the worst manager in baseball. Seriously congratulations Ozzie, no matter what people say about you, a World Series appearence speaks for itself. Period.
  18. QUOTE(rudylaw @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:06 PM) No chance. And anyone who cancels and gives their tickets back to the Sox is retarded. They could sell them for thousands of dollars instead. Or give them to a buddy if they have any soul. It might not be in their control. They could have credit card rejects, etc. It happens.
  19. http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/10/...n.ap/index.html
  20. They don't sell Cubs/Sox tickets to the public. You had to buy at least a 13 game package to get them in 2005. It will probably be worse for 2006.
  21. QUOTE(IndplsSoxFan @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:44 PM) Are the blue seats going to go on sale to the public when they replace them with the green ones? That's what we need another PR nightmare.
  22. QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:51 PM) " Fans who purchase 2006 full season ticket plans also can purchase 2005 World Series tickets." thats says nothing about A CHANCE Actually that makes it clearer. "FANS WHO PURCHASE 2006 FULL SEASON TICKETS..." If they didn't process your order, you didn't buy tickets. It sucks, but technically true. And yes people are going to be PISSED.
  23. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:42 PM) Wow man, sorry to hear that, that aint cool at all. Yeah, that is going to be a mess... Eep.
  24. QUOTE(soxgirl25 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:19 PM) It's worth it to me....I'm spending my entire savings account!!! I was just concerned I would get a fake ticket from a broker or something....I've been assured that www.ticketsnow.com is safe and secure Hmmm something smells a little fishy in here...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.