Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:43 AM) 2 pages 20+ replies and 166 views. I'd say some people found it interesting. I would say that the arguement that ensued was about 90% of that
  2. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:30 AM) Has anyone else been saving anything and everything White Sox from this year? I have been saving good newspapers for the whole season. Plus I grabbed a few of the different newspaper box signs to go with them.
  3. The Rally Crede created the Flying Spaghetti Monster and blessed his noodley appendage.
  4. $15 a ticket doesn't bug me at all because it all is going to the teams charities. I am going to have to think about going to one of them.
  5. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:19 AM) Oh I dont know, maybe because you picked the sox to win 75 games in the preseason, maybe because you picked the red sox to destroy our sox or maybe because you said "the angels are headed to the world series" you've been right on the mark all year about this group. Can I change my vote now? If Osnua thinks we are going to get beat by Houston, that means we are winning it all!!!
  6. The Rally Crede calls his mom... Daily.
  7. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:22 AM) So, AL champs is a TOTAL, 100% FAILURE? :headshake Don't waste your keyboard...
  8. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...2100294_pf.html
  9. I'm #1 and #2 (insert joke here). I am excited about just being here, and I really think we could win it. But my supersticious side won't let me think that we WILL win it all.
  10. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 09:03 AM) Maybe you're right, but I'm still gonna give it a shot, I have no choice. Not to stereotype, but some street scalpers are obvioulsy scalpers and not cops. You have to use some street smarts and common sense. This news works in favor of brokers. They probably hope everyone pulls the trigger today. Hopefully it means that the brokers prices will crash today as they won't be able to sell them through guys on the street tomorrow. Good luck.
  11. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 08:42 AM) It's illegal to SELL tix for higher than face value. It's not illegal to BUY them for above face value, right? So, if I'm out there just looking what can I be arrested for? Looking? I would imagine being involved in an illegal transaction probably isn't legal in some way, shape, or form. And with 200 undercover police/feds hanging around, it would be enough to convince me.
  12. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 08:23 AM) If anyone is planning on buying game 1 tix from scalpers at the park, can you post any tips for those us that will be trying for game 2? Thx. Judging by the amount of undercover officers and feds they are talking about being around the park, I wouldn't try it at all.
  13. QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 08:13 AM) You can get as close as Jimbo's patio, but get there early if you plan to do this. Meh, not worth it. We talked about it, but I want to be in the lots taking in the games, the joy, the excitement. I don't think the bar would be the same. We'll either be at home or at a bar in Michigan City.
  14. QUOTE(tts1stros @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 05:52 PM) Greetings from an Astros fan. My two cents. Looking forward to a good series. I think I'm going to go make a "Keys to beating the White Sox" post and let y'all tell me what you think of it. Welcome to Soxtalk
  15. Wow, the wife and I had thought about going up for a tailgate just to take in the atmosphere. I guess not, huh.
  16. The Rally Crede requests Journey. And if the band knows what is good for them, they play it.
  17. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 03:46 AM) I've been screaming it feels like all year to bring back Frank to a Juan-Gone type deal...where he is only guaranteed the league minimum next year, but with incentives that he reaches, he can get in upwards of around $5-8 mill. That is pretty much what I see happening. He will get about a million base, and then insentives which could make up the difference between his what he could have made this year and the million dollars.
  18. It doesn't surprise me at all to see Evan Bayh's name on there. He has his eyes on the oval office, and being apart of a bill like this is a great thing to be able to campaign on. It is also items like this that make me wonder if a line item veto wouldn't be so bad of a thing...
  19. I think it comes down to do kids have a right to be ignorant. Remember ignorant is a purposeful lack of knowledge. Do parents have the right to have their kids not learn something. How different would the arguement be if the district was teaching intelligent design instead of gay tolerance? Essentially it boils down to can an educational system require you to learn something that you in your heart *know* isn't true, and don't want your kids to learn? Another example, how about in a predominantly Muslim town like Dearborne Michigan. Say they decide by popular vote that they want their kids to take a class on the history of Islam. Why wouldn't Jewish, Christian etc parents have the right for their kids not to be taught something they don't believe.
  20. southsider2k5 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 10:18 PM) i'm hoping for at least one more t.s. piddling in the atlantic. TS Alpha
  21. QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 03:44 PM) I fixed the Rally Crede up a bit, the white part bothered me And the Rally Crede said "thou shalt have no other idols above me, or I shall strike you down, and return you to earth in the most horrible form possible. Thou shalt be known as 'Cub fan'." And then the Rally Crede made it so. And from the earth sprung the two most hideous horrible creatures the Rally Crede could imagine. Then the Rally Crede said "I shall call you 'Steve Bartman' and I shall call you 'Ron Santo'."
  22. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 03:07 PM) What about game 2? Oh I hope its thunderstix!!!
  23. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 02:13 PM) I think that gift should go to season ticket holders only. Some guy who can afford $10,000 to buy tix from a broker doesn't need any more 'freebies'. Couldn't the same be said for someone who drops $10,000 for season tickets?
  24. Congrats dude. I wish I could say the samething.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.