Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 09:25 AM) That may be true, but one day many years ago The Rally Crede was kinda bored so he sat down and wrote Layla, Stairway To Heaven and yes, Thunderstruck. And when he was done, he was going to get the Beatles back together again, but then he decided he couldn't stand that b**** Yoko anyways.
  2. Welcome to Soxtalk
  3. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 07:19 AM) Threadjack What did Rally Crede do on his off day? Answer: Whatever he wanted to.
  4. QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 08:53 PM) screw willie harris, i want geoff blum to start. if we win with him the astros will concede the series. and why the hell is this an available smiley option, just out of curiosity? We value our English Soxtalk members as much as anyone else
  5. QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 07:04 AM) The money is going to charity, so they probably want to raise as much as they can for only 1 or 2 dates. Exactly. The money is being split 3 ways between the Bulls/Sox/Hawks charities. Its for a good cause. Plus it costs money to bring in that staff and run all of the equiptment that is necesary to run a 25,000 seat arena.
  6. QUOTE(OilCan @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 07:38 PM) Oswalt's stuff is as the same as John Lackey's. Remember how the media was trumpeting how much trouble the Sox will have to hit his "94 mph" stuff??? Also, I don't buy into ESPN's Baseball Tonight's garbage that the Sox can't hit the fastball. What the heck have they been watching all year long? Garland will have to do another Game 3 performance just like he did in Anaheim. And Roy Oswalt will have to have a so-so game in order for the Sox to win. The stadium will be rocking and rolling, so it will be fun to see what happens in the next two games. Oswalt is light years better than Lackey, its not even a fair comparison.
  7. At least we know she will always have a seat on the front of the bus in heaven. RIP Rosa.
  8. See where Frist made his first mistake is he didn't ask Hillary to give him tips on how to get away with insider trading. Now he is going to have to suffer the same fate as Martha.
  9. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 07:16 PM) Wow, I so didn't read that in that block I excerpted. Not in the least. Well according to what you quoted all of the problems traced back to a Republician as usual and the Clintons framed some innocent man and went with some incredible lie about our national weapons technology and nuclear labs being compromised by Chinese nationals when they had the truth all along to hang the people who were actually responsible for it, but didn't because, well I still haven't figured that part out... There was no bigger secret that they were trying to hide, what they said wasn't true at all, and yet an administration figure most likely leaked out the name and story behind this guy, which turned out to supposedly be false. So basically the framed and procecuted a guy for no reason at all. And you expect me to believe that? Especially after the sites you quoted coudln't even agree on the details of what happened! Come on dude, I hope you don't think I am that stupid.
  10. Its my last day at the sinking Enron commonly known as Refco HELL YA!!!!
  11. QUOTE(GoochFan @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 06:25 PM) As much as I am a fan of Tadahito Iguchi, he's been struggling at the plate. Do you think that he should be dropped down in the lineup for the games in Houston especially since some of the other hitters are playing well right now? On the other hand, this lineup has won us a lot of games in the playoffs right now, and maybe it's better not to offend the baseball gods and continue with the same lineup as always? If we did change it up, I could see a lineup like: (1) Pods (2) Uribe (3) Dye (4) Konerko (5) Crede (6) Rowland (7) AJ (8) Gooch (9) pitcher Your thoughts? [smack] Next question?
  12. The Rally Crede loves it when someone Tadahito's his Iguchi.
  13. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 03:24 PM) Here' I think the block of text from that same article that covers the question you're asking. So it all was a Republicans fault, and the Clinton administration went along with it just because. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
  14. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 03:05 PM) I'm sorry, I'm afraid I just can't understand what you're asking me there...could you rephrase the question? (The Nation btw is a fairly well respected journal, albiet left-of-center, and probably holds itself to a higher standard than the Washington Times, for examlpe, no matter who's advertising on it, and thanks to Firefox plugins I'm not seeing those ads anyway so I don't have a clue what they even look like). What were the secrets that the Clinton administration hiding? It had to be something incredibly bad if making up a story about a guy working in Los Alamos spying for the Chinese to steal secrets for China was better than the real truth. You don't just make up a story and sacrifice a guys career and life for no reason. Also in the one article you posted, it said the source of the information had to be from higher up than Lee, which is what exonerated him, and that directly contradicts that last piece you put up which basically saids that the Chinese stole the secret years ago, from anyone of 548 people who had the info. Usually the advertising on a site goes to say a lot about who they are targeting as readers of the site. Banner ads about reliving McCarthyism tells me a lot about how respectable they are in my eyes.
  15. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:54 PM) As far as the information I'm reading...I agree with you on the "Did Richardson leak the name" part...but in terms of secrets falling into Chinese Hands...I'm going to directly quote This piece, which I'd suggest you read, as it covers all the angles I can see - including why the Clinton Administration may have hung him out to dry to cover their own arses. OK the banner ads about reliving McCarthyism were enough to make me not able to finish that load of crap, so I'll just ask you this instead. If leaking to the press that Lee had given the Chinese secrets for a nuclear bomb, wasn't true, what was bad enough to be worse than that, which needed to be hidden from the public?
  16. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:34 PM) Except, as far as everything I has read tells me...We Actually weren't. (feel free to give me better sources if you have them, but as far as everything I've read tells me, Wen Ho Lee became an attempted scapegoat who was falsely accused of just about everything.) That doesn't surprise me, I have seen the sources you read So basically what you posted said that a Clinton administration high ranking official leaked the name of a federal employee who was working on top secret nuclear weapons information of some sort in order to cover up someone who was most likely a higher level offical who leaked vital nuclear weapons information to an enemy of the United States, knowing full well that this guy wasn't involved in the situation? Boy if I didn't know any different, I would swear something remarkably similar was going on right now... So how did the investigations go into who leaked the name of Lee? How did the invesigations go into who ACTUALLY leaked the nuclear secrets to the Chinese? Who was being covered for? And this is supposed to be better than what we have now? Oh I forgot, it was "just a blowjob". GMAFB.
  17. Thanks for the compliments. If the Indians can keep Millwood and Wickman, this is going to be a really interesting division for a long time.
  18. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:19 PM) I sat next to the same guy that I sat next to in the ALDS. He is a total stranger, but we have had some close encounters with Crede's walk off and Pods as well. The thing is, this guy is a freakin goliath. Im not a small man, standing about 6' 1", but this guy must be 6'8" and 270 lbs. He takes up the whole seat, and I basically just lean against him during the game. So Konerko hits the grand slam and I high-five my buddy to the left, then turn to the right to give this guy a five, and he picks me up, over his head!!! Pretty much pressed me straight up over his head! Unreal..... Glad to hear your girlfriend got to go to the game afterall
  19. It sounds cool, they said they were going to bring all of the games and message board stuff from Comiskey, so it will be just like being there. i really wish I could go.
  20. Beautiful. Thanks guys
  21. That is really funny. I wonder if he was serious when he said it or if he was just screwing around?
  22. Call me a joiner, but I love the Lidge one as well... except you would have to get seats at the warehouse behind the ballpark for that to be true
  23. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 01:24 PM) SS, I had to eat lunch before class. It was easier to type that than discuss the focused campaign of every night on the news hearing a new claim against Clinton (and lest we forget the Arkansas Project). Don't get me wrong, I didn't like what Clinton did but when Clinton lied, it didn't compromise national security. There is no way I will believe that was the only lie he ever told. Trust me between everything else he was involved in, there were many more lies than that. It just turns out that was the only one that piqued interest enough to get him to give actual testimony about it. And if you want to talk about compromising national security, Clinton did that in many different ways, including trying to curry favor at the SEC for Chinese nationals, who just happened to be on the payroll of the Chinese government... oops. Or at the sametime he was taking money from Chinese nationals, we were having Chinese spies stealing our nuclear secrets in Los Alamos... oops. Trust me, Clinton did plenty to compromise national security, and that is without getting into the whole he could have had Bin Laden arguements.
  24. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 01:07 PM) Two words, Kap. Clinton's.Penis. See, we are back to that again. With everything that man was into, no one cared about anything but this. You couldn't get the presses attention for anything but sex. So of course they make it look like it was the Republicans who were only interested in the sex stuff, forget the lying under oath to Congress and the nation, not to mention all of the stuff that Janet Reno ignored, and the Clinton administration stonewalled, but hey if you are all satisfied with all of the Clinton scandals being "just a blowjob", maybe I should start characterizing the Bush scandals as "just a misunderstanding". I guess if I say it long enough and loud enough, people will remember it that way. :puke
  25. QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:18 PM) It doesn't matter now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.