Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
2005 Soxtalk Hall of Fame Balloting
Also a footnote. Balloting will stay open until the first pitch of Game One. At that time the balloting will be closed, and the votes will be added up. The new Hall of Famers will be announced Monday morning.
-
How much extra revenue???
QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:11 PM) Anyone have an idea of how much extra revenue the White Sox will generate with this Postseason windfall, in terms of ticket sales, concessions, and especially merch sales? I read a ballpark figure in the trib last week that said that they stand to make an additional 15-20 million if they make the World Series, but I think there's SO MUCH MERCH being bought right now that the figure MUST be higher. How high could the payroll be next year? Is the 100 million mark a possibility, or is it something more along the lines of 80-90 million? I have been the high estimate all along, so why stop now. $90 million minimum. I really think $100 million is possible if KW can find the right trading partners. I really get the feeling that Konerko will be resigned, and we will go out and find a high OBP #3 hitter to get on in front of him. We are in an excellent position for the offseason because we can take on salaries, which means we should be able to give up less in players and prospects too. I hate to look past the World Series, but I am really excited about this off season.
-
World Series Tickets go onsale Tues
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:09 PM) I used mine on prom night. Problem is it was used to make a balloon animal. Wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't one of those "spermicidal" ones. Yuck.
-
World Series Tickets go onsale Tues
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) Um..yes you can, you get tickets and give them to me...DUH. *AHEM!!!*
-
Live Dogs Used As Shark Bait
QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 09:34 AM) SS, where is the first place to go when you read a story like this? http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/sharkbait.asp Bah, I usually check that too.
-
2005 Soxtalk Hall of Fame Balloting
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:45 AM) There needs to be a Rally Crede crest, or something. Rally Crede has GOT to go into the HOF. Can you grab hold of a rainbow and put it into your pocket? NO, Such is the Rally Crede!
-
2005 Soxtalk Hall of Fame Balloting
Hello and welcome to the Soxtalk 2005 Hall of Fame balloting. First off as a group we decided that the voting should center more on our posters. So instead of having admins on the ballot, we decided that they should all be Hall of Famers for the work and effort that they put into Soxtalk on a daily basis. So my first item of business is to welcome the following people into the Hall of Fame, class of 2005. Aboz56 joined September 2, 2002 DBAH0 joined July 18, 2003 Kapkomet joined December 18, 2003 Spiff joined August 31, 2002 Congratulations to them. Now onto the rest of the 2005 class. When we were trying to decide on who to put on the ballot many of us had long discussions over what should qualify someone and what should not. In the end we decided that peer nominations from the Hall of Fame members was the best route to decide who should have the chance to be recognized. We also decided that it should be long term posters who should be recognized, much like pro sports who will look back over the long careers of players in order to decide whether to honor them or not. So we decided that only posters who had joined and been solid contributing members for two seasons should have the chance to be elected. So for the 2005 class, only those who joined Soxtalk on or before December 31, 2003 are eligible to be on the Hall of Fame ballot. Every year that goes by will move up that date by a year. One more change for this year will deal with how people are elected. Last year we had two polls and the results were added up to decide who had the most votes. This year we are going to elect 3 posters (instead of two last year), and instead of the votes being done publically, we are going to have you all send PMs to Administrator, and one of us will add up the votes in private. That way everyone who is involved gets the honor of being on the ballot, without the vote totals potentially taking away from that. So without further ado, here is the 2005 Soxtalk Hall of Fame ballot. The Cheat aka GeneHondaCivic Texsox YASNY Flasoxxjim Rex_Hudler Greasywheels121 Steff Sideshowapu aka lowercaserepublician Soxnbears aka SnB If you would like to vote, click on this user http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1913 And send a PM to him with a maximum of 3 picks. You can only vote for one person, one time, so three votes for one person, will only be counted once. If you have any questions you can post them here or PM me. Thanks all, and congratulations to everyone involved, you are truely standouts amongst an incredible site.
-
ALCS Gear
QUOTE(thatballhitdeep @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:51 AM) Thats great for those of you in Illinois....but what about me here in Oklahoma??? Anyone know where I can get that hoodie online??? Grandstand does have a website, or you can take your chances on whitesox.com
-
A break from Buck tomorrow?
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:44 AM) Ya, if you watch the final out on the Sox site, Buck is like more pissed than anything. f*** him, we're going to the World Series. I didn't even think he was biased one way or another necesarily, but he just basically b****ed the whole series. It really took away from the quality of the broadcast. For some reason I like McCarver and thought Pinella did a solid job, but Buck singlehandedly poisoned the booth.
-
A break from Buck tomorrow?
Buck was the most negative announcer I ever remember on a national stage. Usually those guys are the most glowing I hear about the teams that are playing, Buck instead portrayed everything in the worst possible light, and harped on the negatives the whole series. It was pretty discusting IMO.
-
World Series Tickets go onsale Tues
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:21 AM) I wanted to call you about that... I won't be available for stripping on Saturday now. Thank for the opportunity! Thank God I am hungover and food doesn't sound good right now... Or else my lunch would be ruined!
-
HAPPY B-DAY KOGS!!!!
Happy Birthday
-
Live Dogs Used As Shark Bait
You know what else makes good sharkbait? Asshole fisherman beaten to a bloody bulp and thrown into shark infested waters.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:02 AM) Adobe acrobat is a b****. Every now and then the program hangs up and screws up opening additional browsers on my home and work 'puter. At least I figured out what it is so I can go into processes and shut it off instead of doing a reboot. I have the same problem at work. I don't even bother with PDF files if I don't have to because of it.
-
The Rally Crede
One more thing I can't resist... Vinny Castilla
-
World Series Tickets go onsale Tues
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 08:00 AM) Trying to think of a way to convince my girls that going to a sports bar instead of Sinise's would be a better bachlorette party next Saturday. . . Its your party right? Set them straight!!!
-
Hangover thread
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 07:50 AM) HEY ASSMUNCH - DON'T DRINK SO MUCH. Had to type that in caps. Your head hurt? Shhh keep it down. No sleep, plus tons of alcohol equals long unproductive day at work
-
A New Record For Most Users Online
You guys crashed the site for a little while, and I couldn't have been happier!
-
Houston @ Sox - World Series Game 1
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 07:09 AM) Boy - I should predict this crap more often, shouldn't I? Boy oh boy - what a ride. Powerball is $340 million *HINT-HINT*
-
Houston @ Sox - World Series Game 1
Can it be Saturday yet?
-
World Series Tickets go onsale Tues
QUOTE(Rally Crede!! @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 11:27 PM) FlaSoxxJim, I'm contemplating the same thing already man. Trying to find a hotel reasonable enough to afford, considering what I'm gonna be paying for tickets IF I can even get my hands on them. I'll be GLADLY driving to Chicago from South Carolina if I can find a reasonably priced hotel close enough. Jas if you need it, we have a free guest bedroom. It aint ritzy, but its free.
-
Riots anyone?
QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 01:54 AM) Remember, we're not in Detroit. A friend of mine called me after the game, saying he went to the park near the end of the game to see if anything was happening. There was too much background noise for me to hear him, so apparently there was something going on there. Here in Hyde Park, it was pretty quiet. There was one guy who kept driving around with one of those horns that play songs, beeping it over and over again. Meh, shouldn't you be plotting how we are going to lose game one?
-
The Rally Crede
You can't handle the Rally Crede, you can only hope to contain him.
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX PLAYOFF WINNER
AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 OZZIE IS RIGHT, THE BEER TASTES BETTER WHEN YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Gameday Ritual
QUOTE(frahungski @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 02:33 AM) Hurry! Go buy a new one!! One? No way, go buy 5 more!!!