Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. If we win another game and Hernandez gets dropped, Gload gets added, IMHO. Maybe Ozzie would take BMac over Vizcaino, but I doubt it.
  2. QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 05:22 PM) Question, of the guys the Sox have....who do you think they would have to trade to pry Brandon Wood away from the Angels? Shortstop prospects like that are few and far between. The Angels have OC for another 3 years (at $24 million), and may be willing to part with him. If he is that good, he will be playing 2b or 3b when he comes up, or Cabrera will be sent packing.
  3. Make that a Franchise Record 105 wins in 2005!!!!
  4. With the victory over the Angels last night, that gave the White Sox their 104th win of the year. This ties the 1917 White Sox for the most victories in any season, when the post season totals are added in. Just another interesting milestone to a hell of a season. (X 104)
  5. Aren't you the one who has been talking about the fall of Buehrle for years now?
  6. QUOTE(Lefty Of Love @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 06:10 PM) Nobody has mentioned that even though LA has 3 catchers, that it was a questionable move to start both Molina brothers, one as the DH, because it does leave your catching situation thin...there is a reason Paul was a 3rd string catcher and only played in 30 something games...maybe Scioscia shoulda made sure he had a good player behind the plate. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41364
  7. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 07:10 PM) Garland is 2-0 with 7 or more days rest. Oh and he's allowed 1 run in 13 innings in those starts. Good call Cheat. He really knew to avoid the sinker last night, and had the best fastball I have ever seen from him. He was 93-95 mph all night last night.
  8. How about a 2005 sequal to 8 Men Out, where a close-knit plucky group of 25 players redeems an entire franchise by bringing a world series trophy back to Chicago? Along the way there are some scares as the team almost blows a 15 game lead, there is excitement as some of the unlikeliest guys play heroes, and even some controversy happens, but in the end the Good Guys win.
  9. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 03:19 PM) I love how the guy from Indiana is the one with the answer. To be fair I do work in the financial district and have for almost 7 years now. I see more of downtown than many Chicagoians do.
  10. QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 05:05 AM) Chicago and LA are bigger markets than Houston and St. Louis. Has anyone heard how the ratings have been? Not that it matters, but I'm curious. Game 2's ratings were down 10% vs last years game two, between... oh shoot, who were those two east coast teams???
  11. Good for Frank. Get well soon big buddy.
  12. QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 01:30 AM) there were several chisox fans who jumped on a plane and are here for the 3 game set. several people i met came by themselves. i bought my ticket on ebay and really enjoyed my seat. i had to sit by myself in the freakin sea or red. at one point in the game i had tears swell up in my eyes realizing that we may be only 2 more games away from the WS. even though we were all scattered throughout the stadium the best part of the game is when we all got together at the sox dugout after the game and WENT CRAZY AS A SEA OF WHITESOX FANS in front of the interviews and media. thanks to chisoxfn for hooking my longterm whitesox bud up with a ticket. CHISOXFN IS WAY COOL and should be welcomed wherever the hell there is mention of OUR CHICAGO WHITESOX! also want to say that bamadoc got screwed over on his flights from alabama with his son but they made the game just in time & wanted to give a big shout to everyone on SOXTALK that couldnt get out here! QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:11 AM) chisoxfn is definitely way cool That cinches it, none of you have ever met Jason, or you would know better.
  13. Cool deal. I filled mine out.
  14. QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 02:40 PM) i'm pretty sure those are both the same building - see the sears tower behind both? The red building (Go Sox) is the CNA building. The other building (Sox Pride) is the Blue Cross Blue Shield building. They are two different buildings on different sides of Grant/Millenium Park.
  15. Does someone have a link to a download for it?
  16. Those are some great stories about the origins of the song and the band. Everytime I hear it, I think that they are playing my happy song, because there is always something good going on when that song gets played.
  17. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 12:53 PM) So, I read through the pages on this thread, and I don't see the answer to this question: does anyone know if/where I can download that opening reel they show on the scoreboard at The Cell during pre-game? The one with shots throughout history, set to music from Pirates of the Carribean? Just curious. If anyone knows where I can get that, I'd appreciate the info. Because of the royalties associated with the music, it is not available legally.
  18. Its funny, because its true.
  19. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 07:58 AM) Wow, he jumped on the bandwagon early I'm kidding with the above posts. I'm just noticing how quickly we divide the idiots, the bandwagon jumpers, and the brilliant sports writers and commentators. There are no other categories and as soon as there is a positive article somewhere, like a bunch of lemmings, we rush over and take a look. People have opinions, there are intelligent opinions that picked the Angels. That thought the call was wrong, etc. Ah yes, Texsox the media relations specialist. So when is Hug a Columnist Day?
  20. The closer we get to rings, the less chance that Cooper leaves.
  21. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 11:28 AM) Radio. or Travel. or a political campaign. I've never been good at doing things I don't like. So I work in the my guilty pleasure industries. It's kinda nice. I am looking really hard at local politics. Basically if I can find some kind of a support base, I am running for school board. We'll see if it goes anywhere.
  22. I know a while back (last year sometime I believe) I started a thread to see where people were from on Soxtalk. It was interesting to see from how far around the country and world that had people become Sox fans. I think last time we asked this, we covered about 30 states and about half a dozen countries around the world. But I think we have added about 1000 new members since then, and I am curious how much more coverage we have now. If you would like, please share where you live, and if it is a long way away from Chicago, what made you a Sox fan, and what brought you to Soxtalk.
  23. And the thing is, you never know what the future will bring, so be sure to enjoy it NOW! Go-Go you White Sox, Chicago (and much of the world) is proud of you!
  24. QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 11:54 AM) At this time, I'd like to thank you all for the kind, heartwarming responses to my opinion of this song. And once again, MANY THANKS for making Soxtalk a place where we, as Sox fans, can discuss, debate, express our opinions and beliefs, and most importantly, AGREE TO DISAGREE on so many diverse and wide-ranging topics. It's this kind of warm friendly, FAMILY atmosphere that makes soxtalk.com my "go-to site" for all things White Sox AND BEYOND....... ....and in closing, I'd like to add...... :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger If Critic makes a post on Soxtalk, and no one cares, does he really make a post?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.