Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I'd be willing to bet that gets skewed by the people who only go to a few games a year, which are the higher attended games, which tend to be against the teams with better records... meaning more losses. Nice work thought TLAK
  2. Do you like like your presents? AL Central title, AL home field advantage??
  3. So much for Ozzie owing to the Yankees and Red Sox to field a competative team LMAO.
  4. Go. And if you are 21+ stay at the hotel and hang out at the bar at night. Good times...
  5. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 01:53 PM) I didn't switch my identity. Someone else switched it for me after I made a comment saying that I thought about legally changing my real name to Rex Kickass. I could keep either name. So I put it to you, the electorate. I also don't like the way that Rex refuses to take personal responsibility for himself. He always has to blame someone else for stuff. Wino never did that... :headshake
  6. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 02:07 PM) I heard about that. Something about a cuddling-induced rage...... Now Wino on the other hand is Mr All-America. He buys his friends beers, volunteers to feed the poor.
  7. Someone told me that Rex is a [gasp] communist and he HATES America... Plus he kicks puppies... CUTE puppies.
  8. MY problem is for the employees. What obligation the employer have to protect its workers if it promotes an enviornment that isn't healthy? Any plants where you are surrounded by hazardous materials, OSHA requires that reasonable protections be in place. For example a nuclear power plant can't just send someone into the reactor core without a protective suit, a steal mill has to give breathing mechanisms to people who work in areas where coal dust is prevelent... etc. Why doesn't OSHA force these kind of institutions protect waiters/resses, bartenders etc, from being exposed to the conditions that cause lung cancer? Easy, they are on the lowest end of the pay scale, and don't have union protection to fight for them. There is no reason that these people don't deserve the same clean work enviornment as anyone else.
  9. Steam- "Kiss him goodbye"
  10. The interesting thing that I heard was that they still want Frank to have his ankle elevated to prevent swelling, and that is why he wasn't traveling with the team.
  11. QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 10:00 PM) You can "count" on him come on.... thats just priceless... just like me. Don't give up your day job... AND GO WRITE SOME NEW PORKCHOP! BTW a random thought... How much fun would Bartolo vs Jose be in game one?
  12. They won't know times and dates until all of the teams are set. In other words we probably won't know until Sunday, maybe even Monday or Tuesday... worst case scenario.
  13. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 09:04 AM) That should be post of the month material, but 75% of the people wouldn't get it. Call it a joke for the 25% then
  14. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 08:36 AM) All hail the great state of TEXAS! Does the Chronicle still publish it's annual piece on that group that still considers TEXAS to be an indie? I was living in Houston years back when a storm far worse than Katrina slammed into Galveston. The city was well prepared when it hit. I expected it would be again. Hurricane Alicia, 1983, all though it wasn't nearly as bad as Katrina, it was actually much more in line with Rita. It hit the western end of Galveston Island and the eye actually went over Houston, making landfall with winds around 115-120 mph. I lived in Conroe then. It was wild to say the least.
  15. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 10:52 PM) I'm going hiking in Vermont this weekend. You should join me. I smell a love connection
  16. All I have to say is when is the house warming party?
  17. The question is, how much of that would have been true if the Hurricanes had been reversed...
  18. I'm a third generation Sox fan because of my Dad and his Dad, it is amazing how something like this can bridge any generation gap, like nothing else quite can. Great story, thanks for sharing
  19. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 11:06 PM) God, I love it when I hear men say that. . . You do survivors of sexual assault a HUGE service for speaking up on that. I agree, great post SS71.
  20. QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 09:57 PM) Curry's just mad, because he has to prove himself for a second year.... he was banking the could start eating like a monster again and gain all that weight back that he lost. shucks... hes gonna have to wait atleast another year. Listening to people talk about how they haven't seen him play at all, and how he is not playing to protect himself, I'd bet money he has already put on a ton of weight.
  21. If you build it, they will win. Nice job Kenny, nice f***ing job.
  22. Crede and Rowand with the stogies posing for pictures
  23. Amen to that
  24. Its picture time, the boys head back out onto the field for interviews and pics. Also the Sox get to give their fans a thrill.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.