Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Katrina is down to category 3, sustained winds at 125 mph. Also interesting is that the price of crude has fallen way off of the opening and overnight levels, and it is back under $68 bbp, while natural gas prices have stayed way, way high.
  2. http://www.nbc5.com/politics/4908365/detai...994&dppid=65192
  3. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 11:17 AM) Shut up. [searches for middle finger.gif]
  4. Yea! Another thread down the toilet. This place just sucks lately.
  5. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9115520/ More relief organizations that will be giving help to these areas.
  6. http://www.nbc5.com/news/4887230/detail.ht...772&dppid=65172 Yeah, I would guess no one is getting up on the roof to check it out.
  7. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:20 AM) Wow, I never even thought of that. That's a good question. Why was he never there? I hope there's a satisfying answer out there. Everyone was too busy disection Paul Konerko's last statement to notice...
  8. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:23 AM) Is there any way to find out how the hotels are holding up? I am trying to decide if I should call Cathy to see if she has heard from Chris or not. You might want to call to comfort her, but I doubt there are any utilities active down there. I would be shocked if anyone could get a phone call connected to that area.
  9. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:16 AM) I expect everyone to wear nametags with poster id's and post count totals at the event ala WSI at Soxfest. If anyone actually does this, please have someone punch you in the face. Have fun all! [tears up prepared name tag, complete with post total]
  10. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:19 AM) I always knew that - because when we visited there we saw the cemetaries and heard the stories of being below sea level, etc.. - but never really bothered to comprehend exactly what it meant. On another note.. how far is Shreveport from NO...? Shereveport is plenty north and west of NO.
  11. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:17 AM) How bad will this be compared to the hurricanes Florida had last year in terms of damage and potential cost? This would be the single most expensive hurricane if it passes $20 billion. Also they are talking about the enviornmental costs and problems here. They are talking about a flooded cesspool of chemicals, waste, and even dead bodies (Because NO is under sea level, most people are not buried, instead there are above ground tombs) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9113550/
  12. http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/...0829&ID=5068935 They are estimating at the very least $12 billion in damages, two estimates are $25-30 billion in total damage.
  13. I did just see a clip on CNBC that the DOE will authorize the use of the Strategic Oil Reserve to help cover energy disruptions caused by Katrina.
  14. QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:02 AM) I know. Did you say thank you? Of course I did, Daddy
  15. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:53 AM) They said they would not be surprised to see 1 million + casualties from this hurricane. Wow. That's all you can say. Wow. My advice would be for everyone who can afford it, make a donation to the Red Cross, because this is going to be the life blood of some people for weeks at least. https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp
  16. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) It was a report from FEMA, and they did say 1 million from NO to the Cape area. I'm not familiar with NO and it's surrounding areas so I have no idea of what the "cape" area is ...? But they did say 1 million. They also said that there's a 40% chance the Superdome won't survive. Must be the metro area then, even so it was reported that 80% of NO evacuated, so maybe the number was 1 million people left? Anyways, about the Superdome, they said a section of roof opened up and is damaged http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/29/hurr...rina/index.html
  17. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Even funnier, Suge might have shot himself. http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/341507p-291580c.html
  18. QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:38 AM) I heard on WGN that waves will reach 30 ft. and that the New Orleans sewer sytem and flood control will be destroyed with the city under 10-20 feet of sewage and toxic stuff from landfills and such. 90 % of the homes will be destroyed with the expected casualties at 1 million. There are only 500,000 people that live in New Orleans?!?!? I think you might have gotten some bad info.
  19. The eye of the hurricane is now completely ashore
  20. QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:18 AM) You said you weren't going! I'm in 105 row 12 or 17 or 19 or something. Trust me, I wasn't planning on it.
  21. I believe that I heard yesterday that the Astros have been shutout 16 times and 8 of them are when Clemens has started.
  22. GO BULLS!!!!
  23. I'd like to see an appreciation day, but not this year. The focus needs to be on the team down the stretch, and not the potential distraction of Frank Thomas maybe not coming back next year.
  24. Uh guys, Adkins won't be on the roster at midnight August 31st either. Brandon McCarthy is getting called up on the 30th and will replace Jon Adkins.
  25. QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:35 AM) I'm willing to bet that won't happen. I don't think it will either, but it should. I do wish the media would actually pick up the ball and run with this one though.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.